Digital Art Zone

41 of 100
Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?
Posted: 21 October 2012 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 601 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12

made an attempt at sculpting my own hulk like full body morph for genesis.  i think i need to redo the abdomen, in some poses i get a strong crease running across his stomach which leads me to think I scooted some of the mesh too far north or south.

Image Attachments
tank1.jpgtank2.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 602 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2012-02-05
Joequick - 21 October 2012 02:35 AM

made an attempt at sculpting my own hulk like full body morph for genesis.  i think i need to redo the abdomen, in some poses i get a strong crease running across his stomach which leads me to think I scooted some of the mesh too far north or south.

It looks great so far, but yeah, the midsection seems too… squat I guess is the word I’m looking for.  How does it look when in a more extreme Hulk pose?

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 603 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12556
Joined  2007-11-06

...OK, was messing around with Nata for Genesis last night and came up with this cutie…

Image Attachments
red_rocket_post_2.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 21 October 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 604 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

The overall shape is nearly identical, but I repositioned where some of the polygons were in the abdomen and neck and got rid of the creases that had been forming.  Looks like the fingers could be a bit thicker though.

Image Attachments
TankTake2.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 605 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Anyone have an orange, rocky texture? Like a shader?

Image Attachments
Thing.jpg
 Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 606 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

After looking at Joe’s, I decided to up the size of the feet and hands but it looks a little off still to me.

Image Attachments
Thing2.jpg
 Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 607 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Nice Hulkster there, Joe.  Are you using any helper morphs to get your shoulders to go down nicely like that?  It was a really bugger for me to get the muscle morphs for Bruno to cooperate on the up and down arms dials.  It was the only area that gave me that much hell.  Still not tried to make a JCM yet.  Still knee deep in ZBrush learning texturing right now… almost got something I like!  ALMOST!  lol

Nice shape there Robert!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 608 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16
RKane_1 - 21 October 2012 06:04 PM

Anyone have an orange, rocky texture? Like a shader?

Look through JoeQuick’s freebies, I believe he has made one for the Thing. You could use that. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 609 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Joequick - 21 October 2012 05:08 PM

The overall shape is nearly identical, but I repositioned where some of the polygons were in the abdomen and neck and got rid of the creases that had been forming.  Looks like the fingers could be a bit thicker though.

From where I’m sitting, the fingers are fine. You have greatly improved the stomach. It now looks muscular and the chest is looking good too but could be a bit more muscled too. Just a bit. I’d also try to get those legs to show more muscle definition. Two thumbs up so far, Joe! smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 610 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

It looks like Joe’s freebie is a texture map for Freak 3.

I was hoping on a shader but that is cool. I will figure something out.

If anyone finds a shader that can be modified, let me know.,

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 611 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Look again, he used it on F4, which means they should work on Genesis. smile

If I spot anything else, I’ll letcha know. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 612 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

You’re using zbrush now right RKane?  Here’s a brush Alpha.

Image Attachments
thingbrush.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 613 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

Autogroup your mesh.  Ctrl click on the main body.  Delete what is hidden.  Auto group by uvs.  Separate your figure into limb, face and torso groups.

Subdivide up to around 15 million, use the standard brush in dragdirect mode and set your alpha to be that image i uploaded above.  Then you’re just dragging that onto the figures surface in overlapping ways.  You might have to adjust the brushes focus some to eliminate any hard straight edges on the outside rectangular borders of the brush..

Do this on your morphed mesh to avoid ugly stretching.  If you’re making a texture for an extreme morph, always paint it on to the morphed geometry (but don’t tell that to the people who keep cranking out hideously amateurish stretched out textures at runtimedna).

Generate displacement maps for each of the three main groups once you’re done (face, torso, limbs).  In photoshop you can use gradient maps to make separate diffuse maps from your displacement maps. (you’d put orange at one end of the gradient map slider and black or brown on the other and slide them around until you get something that looks right.  Then you save it as a preset so you can reuse it on the other two maps so they match)

Image Attachments
example.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 614 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

Also, make sure to set the “overpainting”, or whatever it’s called, in the uv panel to something around 14 or greater to help eliminate seams in your textures.  One of the textures I’d considered going with for Muck was one that was “thing like”, but as you can see from this quick render he has a line that runs across his thigh.  That’s from not setting the uv overpainting high enough.

Image Attachments
thinglikemuck.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 615 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Question Joe… do you do full on textures in ZBrush or mostly just the morphs?  I know that’s probably a silly question since you just got through with your mini tutorial but one thing that is perplexing me… working on getting Bruno’s skin, I’m about 90% there, very happy with the tones and some of the details but ... is there a way to keep a texture loaded but ‘tint’ it within ZBrush so I can keep with using the detail from the texture?  I’ve tried just about every idea from using the alpha brushes (which didn’t do squat for what I was after).  With all the great works that come out of ZBrush I’m sure there is a way but I just can’t figure it out.  Watched a multitude of tutorials today and none of them touched on that.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

41 of 100