Digital Art Zone

31 of 100
Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?
Posted: 10 September 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29
JohnDelaquiox - 10 September 2012 01:10 PM

Yeah its awesome and I think we all may owe him

BIG ditto!

I have a friend who actually purchased a suit that is a direct replica of the one from the movie. If you need pics of the original shape, I may be able to get pics if you need them for reference.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 11 September 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2004-05-28
RAMWolff - 10 September 2012 12:34 PM
TimG - 07 September 2012 12:42 PM
Isikol - 07 September 2012 04:11 AM

anyway…here is a little Black Widow, pin up style kinda…

awesome

Genesis Aquaman using the Supersuit and customized shaders

Your Aquaman totally rocks Tim!  WOW!

How did you make the scales for Aquaman’s shirt?

Posted: 11 September 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  914
Joined  2006-02-27

That is actually one of the shaders that came with the super suit

Posted: 13 September 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 454 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2008-10-07
Joequick - 02 September 2012 06:59 PM
lface8 - 02 September 2012 04:39 AM
Joequick - 02 September 2012 03:40 AM

Batman and sons

Three out of four of them, at any rate. Looks really good.

Yeah.  Jason Todd just doesn’t do it for me.  I have trouble caring about characters when I don’t know who they are.  And, I mean, I know his story, but he just seems so radically inconsistent between appearances that I don’t know who he is.

Wish I’d seen this sooner. To each his own, I suppose. I’m really not a fan of Damian myself. I think his character is unnecessary. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Jason when Jason was Robin. Brash, often acting without thinking. Which is why when discussing him with friends, I felt that Damian could benefit from dying. Jason seems to have grown in popularity since resurfacing as Red Hood. Though, he took a bit of a detour during the Battle for the Cowl arc. At any rate, keep up the fantastic work on your creations, sir.

Posted: 13 September 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 455 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

The updated version of Jason is one of my favorite character from the DC Universe Second only to Batman Him Self.I never liked the Original Jason Todd being that even in the origins he was just a clone of Dick. The revamped version Jason was a Street Orphan who Bruce catches jacking his car. He is dark and damaged and has major control issues. His own mother betrays him plus He dies at the hands of Joker and is resurrected.

Characters do not get much darker than him. And that is why I like him so much

Posted: 13 September 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 456 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-07
JohnDelaquiox - 13 September 2012 10:19 AM

The updated version of Jason is one of my favorite character from the DC Universe Second only to Batman Him Self.I never liked the Original Jason Todd being that even in the origins he was just a clone of Dick. The revamped version Jason was a Street Orphan who Bruce catches jacking his car. He is dark and damaged and has major control issues. His own mother betrays him plus He dies at the hands of Joker and is resurrected.

Characters do not get much darker than him. And that is why I like him so much

I wouldn’t say he was a clone of Dick. While there were similarities (the parents not being in the picture for one reason or another) they were pretty much polar opposites. Where Dick was a obedient yet cocky, things with Jason tended to go in one ear and out the other. If Jason were anything like Dick, he probably wouldn’t have died and been replaced with Tim. So things seem to have worked out…..except now we have Damian (ugh.)

Posted: 13 September 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 457 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

How about Terry Mcginnis from Batman Beyond

Posted: 13 September 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 458 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-07

Batman Beyond had it’s moments. Terry wasn’t a terrible character, but wasn’t anything great either. He can kind of be compared to Spider-Man in that he was a high school student fighting crime and struggling to maintain some semblance of a “normal” life which is kind of cool, I suppose.

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 459 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

That’s exactly what I say and is also exactly why I like Terry. He is Dc’s version of Spiderman.

Posted: 13 September 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 460 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6512
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a superhero-themed render from 6 years ago. I made the models in Wings3D and textured and rendered in Bryce5. I was faking HDRI with reflections and a tiny bump map plus surrounding the scene with a sphere with an image map on it. A little postwork in PSE to get a “glow” effect. I think the light from the Lantern was a conical volume light.

Image Attachments
lantern.jpg
 Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 461 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6512
Joined  2003-10-09

What happened? Did I kill this thread? smile

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 462 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29
tjohn - 14 September 2012 08:08 PM

What happened? Did I kill this thread? smile

DARN YOU TJOHN!

You and your thead-killin’ ways!

>:<

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 463 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2005-01-21

This is an image I did of most of the Superman Family.

Image Attachments
Superman_Familylg.jpg

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 464 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Like the Superman family pic.  Don’t know who the gal (red head) is on the far left though.  Jimmy’s hair looks more black than dark strawberry blonde.  Actually his hair, now I’m going by the Jimmy Olson I know from the comic books, should have the red headed gals hair color!  grin  Lois’ face, I guess, looks more like the Margot Kidder “Lois” than other Lois’s I’ve seen.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 15 September 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 465 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2012-02-05

Been meaning to post something here for awhile since the previous forums tanked. Anyway, let me start with Classic Superman B-)

Image Attachments
Superman003.jpg
 Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

31 of 100