Digital Art Zone

100 of 100
Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?
Posted: 21 July 2013 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1486 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4586
Joined  2004-08-11

Looks awesome Joe!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 22 July 2013 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1487 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Two thumbs up from me, Joe. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 22 July 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1488 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2010-09-18
Cagnazzo82 - 20 July 2013 03:57 PM

So… it’s just been confirmed that there’s going to be a World’s Finest Batman/Superman movie to follow Man of Steel.

They’re actually going through with it.  Who’d have ever thought smile
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/superman-batman-on-the-big-screen-in-2015/1100-146897/

Hopefully, they will find something more interesting to do with them than fight each other.  At the announcement, they read the bit from Dark Knight Returns where Bruce is taunting Clark as being the one man to beat him.  Then they said, oh, well, that’s not the story…  then why say it?  Why couldn’t they point out the amazing things the pair can do together instead?  I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, and it’s far to early to really get on them about anything, since they haven’t rolled a frame, but I don’t know if that was the best way to frame the message.

The more I think about Man of Steel the more ambivalent about it I am, I love pieces, there are brilliant scenes, but as a whole the film was so joyless, for someone who wore a symbol that represents hope, there was so little of it on display.  I was hoping with a sequel, we would see Superman more comfortable and more sure in his role as a hero.  Can they do that and introduce Batman (probably a new incarnation of Batman) and still do that?  I sure hope so.

Posted: 22 July 2013 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1489 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-18

Both the Nightwing and Black Bat look really good Joe.  Good call on the Young Justice suit, I liked it, and loved the show.

Posted: 22 July 2013 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1490 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

MOS 2 just reeks of desperation to me. http://news.yahoo.com/dcs-superman-batman-joint-movie-desperation-movie-domination-145515053.html

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 22 July 2013 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1491 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  359
Joined  2003-11-24
Knight22179 - 22 July 2013 10:47 AM

MOS 2 just reeks of desperation to me. http://news.yahoo.com/dcs-superman-batman-joint-movie-desperation-movie-domination-145515053.html

What seems desperate about it? I’m looking forward to it myself.. Man of Steel was a brilliant launching point for a series of decent (for a change) DC Universe movies..

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1492 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks good Joe.

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1493 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1018
Joined  2005-03-26
tjohn - 19 February 2013 09:00 PM

Howard the Duck. The Marvel comic, not the movie.

Howard, as in Robert E. Howard (the Duck from Cimmeria)?

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 22 July 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1494 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22
Mr Gneiss Guy - 22 July 2013 09:28 AM

So… it’s just been confirmed that there’s going to be a World’s Finest Batman/Superman movie to follow Man of Steel.

They’re actually going through with it.  Who’d have ever thought :)
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/superman-batman-on-the-big-screen-in-2015/1100-146897/

Hopefully, they will find something more interesting to do with them than fight each other.  At the announcement, they read the bit from Dark Knight Returns where Bruce is taunting Clark as being the one man to beat him.  Then they said, oh, well, that’s not the story…  then why say it?  Why couldn’t they point out the amazing things the pair can do together instead?  I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, and it’s far to early to really get on them about anything, since they haven’t rolled a frame, but I don’t know if that was the best way to frame the message.

The more I think about Man of Steel the more ambivalent about it I am, I love pieces, there are brilliant scenes, but as a whole the film was so joyless, for someone who wore a symbol that represents hope, there was so little of it on display.  I was hoping with a sequel, we would see Superman more comfortable and more sure in his role as a hero.  Can they do that and introduce Batman (probably a new incarnation of Batman) and still do that?  I sure hope so.

The sad part about that film is that the first half was brilliant.  And then it turned into Transformers :(

I absolutely hated what they did with Pa Kent.  I can go on an entire rant regarding how they diminished the character by making it his life’s mission to hold superman back as much as possible, so that he winds up a 30 year-old under achiever getting beer splashed in his face… but that’s a discussion for another time.

If anything, I think the movie’s a perfect setup for a confrontation with Lex Luthor. I really do not want to see Batman and Superman competing, because that would make no sense.  But if you bring Lex Luthor into the mix, at least it gives all the destruction in the first movie some sort of purpose,  Rather than just being cheap CGI thrills.

2015 is going to be an interesting year though.  That year has the Avengers 2 and Star Wars also coming out… But I think Superman/Batman’s going to be the movie to see.  It could come out and be a total stinker (let us hope not :O)... and it would still be the one movie to watch because those two are in it together.

So I’m looking forward, regardless of the short-comings of the previous movies :)

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1495 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-18
Cagnazzo82 - 22 July 2013 10:55 PM
Mr Gneiss Guy - 22 July 2013 09:28 AM

They’re actually going through with it.  Who’d have ever thought smile

The sad part about that film is that the first half was brilliant.  And then it turned into Transformers :(

I absolutely hated what they did with Pa Kent.  I can go on an entire rant regarding how they diminished the character by making it his life’s mission to hold superman back as much as possible, so that he winds up a 30 year-old under achiever getting beer splashed in his face… but that’s a discussion for another time.

If anything, I think the movie’s a perfect setup for a confrontation with Lex Luthor. I really do not want to see Batman and Superman competing, because that would make no sense.  But if you bring Lex Luthor into the mix, at least it gives all the destruction in the first movie some sort of purpose,  Rather than just being cheap CGI thrills.

2015 is going to be an interesting year though.  That year has the Avengers 2 and Star Wars also coming out… But I think Superman/Batman’s going to be the movie to see.  It could come out and be a total stinker (let us hope not :O)... and it would still be the one movie to watch because those two are in it together.

So I’m looking forward, regardless of the short-comings of the previous movies smile

We can hope.  I think WB is rushing a bit though, there are basically two ways they could go that would make sense to me, either build the universe like Marvel did, or just do Justice League and introduce people in context.  This seems like an odd compromise.  One could argue that it should be a Trinity movie, but I doubt that is going to happen, and I should probably be thankful for that.  I believe it is possible that a great live action Wonder Woman can be made, I’m not sure that it can be made by the current people at Warner Brothers.  Certainly not as Superman’s arm candy.

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1496 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-18

Do any of you know if there is a Young Justice (TV series) style Wonder Girl outfit available anywhere?  I may try to make one, if I can’t find one, and if it is any good I’ll make it a freebie.

Posted: 23 July 2013 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1497 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  984
Joined  2003-10-09

Terry’s old school TV WW suit is awesome

Image Attachments
OldSchoolWW2.jpg

Posted: 23 July 2013 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1498 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-18
TimG - 23 July 2013 10:08 AM

Now we need a Lyle Wagonner morph!

Edit:  I had it as Lionel Wagonner, I swear, my memory is deserting me.

Posted: 23 July 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1499 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2003-10-09
TimG - 23 July 2013 10:08 AM

It so is.

I’d tip my hat to him (and also Joe, Cage, Steve and Allen, Ravenhair, Vadlor, the3dwizard, Neftis, goldtassel, and stevekitt)... but I haven’t got a hat.

“Right Down the (Time)Line”
The original run of “Adventures of Superman” was before my time, but the syndicated reruns were a staple of my childhood entertainment. This was the DC trinity—give or take a sidekick (or two)—of my formative years.

Image Attachments
RDtTL_full.jpg

Posted: 23 July 2013 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1500 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4586
Joined  2004-08-11

WOWEEEEE, your facial morphs for your Batman Family, WW and Supes are just so spot on!  Great Googly Moogly! 

——————————————————————————-
Continued Next Thread….

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

100 of 100