Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Is there a tutorial for creating an Auto Fit skeleton for non DAZ Figures? 
Posted: 18 November 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2007-01-04

Autofit will work with any TriAx figure that has a purpose built Clone morph, my TriAx Aiko3 has 3 clones (h3,V3 & M3) and can autofit any of their conformers, problem is that I have to use my not so good WM Aiko3 as the projection template, so the WM in the outfits isn’t so good.

In the case of A3 it was easy to make the clones as they all share the same mesh, so you can import their OBJ with morph loader, you do need the CMS running as you then need to change the modifier type to Clone before autofit will see it. Other figures however are a different story, the clone morph has to match almost exactly the size, shape & pose of the figure your making the clone of, so unless you have the toy’s and expertise to use them, it’s a case of pushing and pulling vertices like I do.

As far as converting a figure to TriAx goes, you haven’t changed anything as far as the rig goes, as DS has never use parametric rigging, it converts it into a very basic WM that mimics it, so when you convert to TriAx you end up using that basic WM, so it still bends just as poorly as before (in some strange cases worse). So you might have to re-jig the rig, and alter the face groups on top of painting weights (I’ve got a touch like an elephant so I’m not enjoying painting weights), just to get it to bend better.

One big tip about converting to TriAx, make sure you have every morph INJected before you convert, because once you save the figure as DSF asset files INJections no longer work, as technically DSON doesn’t have an “channels” for you to INJect into.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 18 November 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4688
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks for all the great advice.  I guess I’ll need a written out tutorial that MIGHT work for Apollo.  I have a previously saved Apollo with RKane and Capces and other morphs injected and saved out as a CR2 and a .DAZ file so I don’t have to worry about forgetting any morphs before converting over to Triax. 

So what your saying is that the figure should be at the size and zeroed morph in order to make said template. 

I tried what Joe posted but it’s been a while since I tried getting more than 2 figures into ZBrush.  I tried the “morph target” way and that was hilarious.  Exploding vertices all over the place.  Very messy!  raspberry

I just figured with all this built in ability in DAZ Studio why should figures HAVE to be DAZ3D figures?  Should be a fairly painless way to convert and then create a template to refit their clothing to them.  The IDEA of having Apollo’s clothing on other figures is nice but not a necessity. 

Just back from the gym, I really needed it…. did I ever!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 November 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

One of my first attempts looked like a train wreck at a grenade factory…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 19 November 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3030
Joined  2004-04-25
RAMWolff - 18 November 2012 12:23 PM

Just tried to make his peepee go away in ZBrush… that was a disaster.  I keep forgetting that Genesis is fully welded.  Apparently even with Apollo converted to Triax and all the rest ... well it wasn’t pretty when I applied the morph.  I was attempted to use his own genitals to create a built in “bulge morph”.  Looks great in ZBrush!  lol

My whole wish was getting Apollo’s clothing adapted to Apollo’s new Triax version but as Richard mentioned probably the best way is to just import each obj and have Auto Fit do the work but I don’t think I’ve ever brought in clothing using this method.  Plus not sure if the clothing would auto follow like it does for Genesis so then it would be one shape only for the clothing…. that would suck!

I will not spit my coffee all over the monitor…peepee…

I have an alt hip in my Apollo Max runtime.  Right now I only have access to my portable copy rather than my full copy so the readme isn’t available.  I’ll see if it’s still there when I get back to my full workstation.  IIRC, the download may have come from some one at DA so you might want to check over there.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, I have the Alt Hip too but wanted to try creating a morph with what he’s got down there.  It’s really not horribly hard, only took 4 tries.  What i did was scale each of the penis parts by increments of 15.. so the head was set at 15, next part 30, next 45, next 60 and then 85 or something like that.  Export to ZBrush and used the smooth and flatten tool to get the head pushed down and smoothed out.  Then used the Move and smoothing tool to start reducing and pushing that all down.  The testes were very easy t reform into more of a bulge.  If I try for the 5th time I guess I need to export JUST the genital area and give it try again!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Well got the no genital/bulge morph done.  Now his penis goes away and the testes reshape to form a proper bulge morph.  Saved that out in an ApolloM.duf file after Sub-D’ing him as well.  I won’t bother with the Triax thing for a while more now… need to get back to ZBrush tutorials and practicing….

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

2 of 2