Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Is there a tutorial for creating an Auto Fit skeleton for non DAZ Figures? 
Posted: 17 November 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4461
Joined  2004-08-11

Converted Apollo Maximus to Triax and added a smoothing modifier and low and behold all of his shoulder crunches went away.  So that got me thinking if 3DUniverse can create a skeleton to fit Sadie’s older models clothing then why not Apollo Maximus?  He’s not THAT obsolete and folks still like him so why not update him to work better in DAZ Studio.  His feet are flat so perhaps his cool shoes would transfer over to the Genesis figure nicely… never know unless we get this figured out.  Apollo doesn’t have as many restrictions on him and considering he’s FREE and all of his goodies are FREE (well the ones made by Anton and other freebies offered from other freebie creators) seems like something worth thinking about.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 November 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I’ve been wondering the same thing…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 17 November 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13610
Joined  2003-10-09

To add support for a new figure to AutoFit, as a source, you don’t need a skeleton - merely a shape that matches the figure. It doesn’t even need the rigging adjusted. If you are wanting to be able to AutoFit clothes to another figure, I’m not sure that’s possible - I certainly don’t recall any indication that it is.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 November 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7203
Joined  2009-07-13

I got some quite good results using collision enabled and interactive update on using 3DU Gramps and the Genesis Ydress, resized it bigger with collionn with Gramps enabled before autofitting it, used animation too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtjmRviAEFw
also on V3 and Daz troll.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread

Posted: 17 November 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
Richard Haseltine - 17 November 2012 01:21 PM

To add support for a new figure to AutoFit, as a source, you don’t need a skeleton - merely a shape that matches the figure. It doesn’t even need the rigging adjusted. If you are wanting to be able to AutoFit clothes to another figure, I’m not sure that’s possible - I certainly don’t recall any indication that it is.

Perhaps I used to the wrong term.  More like “Convert to” ?  I would first need a way to convert Apollo’s clothing to him but as triax

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 November 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

if the base shape is unchanged just using the Transfer Utility on the base OBJ, should work.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmm, not really tried yet but then there are things like capes and I’m not at all sure how to rig stuff yet!  raspberry Of course capes and dresses are still questionable with the Transfer utility anyways.  Still would love to know HOW to make a template though in case there is a way.  Do you know the link to this Richard??

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 November 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

As far as I know you just need a morph that makes Geensis Apollo-shaped, which you presumably have, you set its type to Modifier/Clone and you don’t adjust the rig to it. Save that as a morph asset and if I have the details right it will be added as an option in AutoFit.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Totally cool Richard.  Thanks so much!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 November 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

OK.. miss read your response.  Once I have converted Apollo over to Triax, Added SubD and Smoothing to the figure he’s now kinda like Genesis but I do not have a Genesis shape that matched Apollo.  BUT really wanted to find out if there was a way to create a template for the Transfer utility to get his own clothing fitted to him more automatically.  I realize Steve (3DUniverse) got his Sadie over but your right, her body is duplicated over to Genesis which I have no idea how to do that.  Perhaps there is some info on how that’s achieved…. ?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 November 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2003-10-09
RAMWolff - 18 November 2012 10:52 AM

OK.. miss read your response.  Once I have converted Apollo over to Triax, Added SubD and Smoothing to the figure he’s now kinda like Genesis but I do not have a Genesis shape that matched Apollo.  BUT really wanted to find out if there was a way to create a template for the Transfer utility to get his own clothing fitted to him more automatically.  I realize Steve (3DUniverse) got his Sadie over but your right, her body is duplicated over to Genesis which I have no idea how to do that.  Perhaps there is some info on how that’s achieved…. ?

If I had to guess, it would be that you have to make an Apollo morph for Genesis, the old fashioned way, by moving points and poly’s around. You’d wind up with a Genesis that looked like Apollo, but with Genesis morphs instead of Apollo ones.

Your best bet, if you’re just trying to get clothes back and forth, is either Wardrobe Wizard or Crossdresser.

—Walt Sterdan

Posted: 18 November 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I’ve been playing around with using Blender’s shrinkwrap to ‘form fit’ Genesis to other shapes…the results are…less than spectacular, but it may be ‘enough’ for fitting clothes.  I haven’t tried, that yet…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 18 November 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  755
Joined  2006-06-12

Theoretically, this is how I might do it

1) pose and and adjust apollos overall scale so that so that he is in genesis’ zero pose and their bodies line up as much as possible.
2) export out obj of Apollo
3) open Apollo and genesis in zbrush
4) mask of genesis toes, hands, fingers, and head (including inner mouth stuff and eyes)
5) blur mask
6) in subtool menu use project to shrink wrap genesis to Apollo. If projection is lumpy, adjust distance slider.
7) manually tweak remainder

The only thing I’m not sure of is the first step. You might need to pose genesis into apollos zero pose and scale instead. 

You might try to get midnight stories or smay in here. I think they’ve been doing this some.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 18 November 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Just tried to make his peepee go away in ZBrush… that was a disaster.  I keep forgetting that Genesis is fully welded.  Apparently even with Apollo converted to Triax and all the rest ... well it wasn’t pretty when I applied the morph.  I was attempted to use his own genitals to create a built in “bulge morph”.  Looks great in ZBrush!  lol

My whole wish was getting Apollo’s clothing adapted to Apollo’s new Triax version but as Richard mentioned probably the best way is to just import each obj and have Auto Fit do the work but I don’t think I’ve ever brought in clothing using this method.  Plus not sure if the clothing would auto follow like it does for Genesis so then it would be one shape only for the clothing…. that would suck!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 November 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
Joequick - 18 November 2012 12:09 PM

Theoretically, this is how I might do it

1) pose and and adjust apollos overall scale so that so that he is in genesis’ zero pose and their bodies line up as much as possible.
2) export out obj of Apollo
3) open Apollo and genesis in zbrush
4) mask of genesis toes, hands, fingers, and head (including inner mouth stuff and eyes)
5) blur mask
6) in subtool menu use project to shrink wrap genesis to Apollo. If projection is lumpy, adjust distance slider.
7) manually tweak remainder

The only thing I’m not sure of is the first step. You might need to pose genesis into apollos zero pose and scale instead. 

You might try to get midnight stories or smay in here. I think they’ve been doing this some.

Hmm, that sounds kinda fun.  I’ll give that a try!  Thanks Joe!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 November 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

As i said earlier, I’m not sure that you can make AutoFit convert to a non-Genesis figure. I had understood you were wanting to enable Apollo clothes to convert to Genesis, possibly for use with an Apollo shape.

What I suggested for getting clothes to work on a converted Apollo is using the Transfer Utility, not AutoFit.

Signature 

1 of 2