Digital Art Zone

DS 4.5 Pro - Windows Too Big, Features Cut Off
Posted: 16 November 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2004-11-15

When I try to run tasks that open a new window (Reality, SendInTheClones, etc), the window is too large and I can’t reach some of the buttons at the bottom. Moving my taskbar doesn’t work, nor does hiding it. I can’t resize the window (the option is grayed out if I right-click on the top left corner, and I can’t reach the bottom left corner at all), I can’t drag it up to reach the buttons (it auto snaps back into place), and changing my screen resolution hasn’t done anything either (wide or full, there’s no difference). I can usually just reach the top of the button I need (such as for Reality), but for others, I have no access to any of the options at the bottom at all.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestion for solutions? I couldn’t find anything on it anywhere else…

Screen captures below: one of the taskbar at the bottom, and one of it at the side.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Que_Arres/TooBig1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Que_Arres/TooBig2.png

Posted: 17 November 2012 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15778
Joined  2003-10-09

You do need to increase your screen resolution, if you can - if you can’t you may need to use the Tab key to move the focus to the hidden buttons and press space to push them.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2004-11-15
Richard Haseltine - 17 November 2012 06:20 AM

You do need to increase your screen resolution, if you can - if you can’t you may need to use the Tab key to move the focus to the hidden buttons and press space to push them.

As I mentioned, changing the screen resolution did nothing. These captures are from my screen set to the maximum setting (1366 x 768). It also isn’t always buttons that are hidden: with Send In The Clones, some of the parameters are too far below the screen, to the point where I can’t even eke it up enough to see what they are.

Posted: 17 November 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15778
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, I assumed that the limitation was your screen. If the tab option doesn’t work either I’m not sure there’s anything you can do - some video drivers do give the option to fake larger screens, allowing you to scroll using a special key-combination, but I suspect you are using some kind of netbook that wouldn’t support that feature.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 November 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2004-11-15

It’s a Toshiba Satellite. Not a netbook, for sure, but I’ve found they tend to have oddly shaped screens. I can make it work mostly, at least. I just wish it would, you know, just let me resize the window. Seems like something of an oversight.