Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Are there any DAZ buddies?
Posted: 17 November 2012 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2012-10-04

Great that works many thanks. I can get my fairy flying round my bench saw now (once I’ve mastered motion capture that is)
Now one more question; I’ve seen clips of a humming bird hovering and the wings are a flickering blur. How would that be done?

Posted: 18 November 2012 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
oldblock - 17 November 2012 11:37 PM

Great that works many thanks. I can get my fairy flying round my bench saw now (once I’ve mastered motion capture that is)
Now one more question; I’ve seen clips of a humming bird hovering and the wings are a flickering blur. How would that be done?

Never tried that effect, but Try this as an experiment. Load your figure and then open the timeline. In the Scene tab select what gives you the UP and Down morphs. Select just ahead on the Timeline and add a FULL down then just a bit farther along on the timeline and add a Full Up and repeat that and test it.

Just a Idea.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-04

You’re dealing with one very confused would be animator here. I have recieved various advice and somehow I finished up in a different forum (Go Figure) and still haven’t cracked my problem
I have decided to start over both with my fairy and the thread.
My first hurdle is how to clean the slate. I have three aniBlocks which I made and want to be rid of. How do I delete them?

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4844
Joined  2004-07-01
oldblock - 26 November 2012 03:38 AM

You’re dealing with one very confused would be animator here. I have recieved various advice and somehow I finished up in a different forum (Go Figure) and still haven’t cracked my problem
I have decided to start over both with my fairy and the thread.
My first hurdle is how to clean the slate. I have three aniBlocks which I made and want to be rid of. How do I delete them?

from the scene ?
if yes - click ( edit - figure - clear animation )

Posted: 26 November 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

if you remove anime blocks which you applied in Animate timeline,,
first you need to single (not need double sorry ^^;)click the animate block I think,,

then, now it change editmode, then click dust box icon, on Animate tab top area.

if you want to delete key of timeline,  as bigh said,, do same.

Posted: 26 November 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-04

I have already removed the aniblocks from my timeline, what I need to do now is get rid of them from the aniBlock previewer. This way there will be no risk of me doing something dumb with them.

Posted: 26 November 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
oldblock - 26 November 2012 02:52 PM

I have already removed the aniblocks from my timeline, what I need to do now is get rid of them from the aniBlock previewer. This way there will be no risk of me doing something dumb with them.

goto DS - look in the aniMate folder - I am guess thats where you save the 3 aniBlocks - click them and hit delete
it will have no effect on the others .

Posted: 26 November 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-04

Ok thanks, I’m ready to start over.
I have my fairy open.
Next I will make the wings flap if I select both wings and animate them one will open and the other will close so I imagine I keyframe one on one subtrack and then do the other on another sub track.
My next hurdle, and this where everything has gone haywire before, is precisely how?  So far I have managed to somehow acheive animation without an aniBlock (I understand that), make an aniblock without any keyframes in it (coloured bits), make a 30 frame block that works all the way to fthe end but only has a few colouref frames in it, and have an animated fairy without any keyframea anywhere - either timeline or aniMate2. I’ve already exhuasted this topic and my sanity hence the fresh start.
So,
How many open/close cycles do I keyframe?
Do I crop the aniblock and then stretch it to repeat?
Do I work in Timeline or aniMate2?
How do I create the aniBlock?

Posted: 26 November 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
oldblock - 26 November 2012 06:40 PM

I have my fairy open.
Next I will make the wings flap if I select both wings and animate them one will open and the other will close so I imagine I keyframe one on one subtrack and then do the other on another sub track.
My next hurdle, and this where everything has gone haywire before, is precisely how?  So far I have managed to somehow acheive animation without an aniBlock (I understand that), make an aniblock without any keyframes in it (coloured bits), make a 30 frame block that works all the way to fthe end but only has a few colouref frames in it, and have an animated fairy without any keyframea anywhere - either timeline or aniMate2. I’ve already exhuasted this topic and my sanity hence the fresh start.
So,

just to get you started
lets do one cycle for 30 frames on the DS timeline - so at frame 15 we have down on both wings - at 30 we have up both wings - test
then we click and make aniBlock
then we can make all the aniBlocks as we want on the aniMate timeline - (fast we make smaller - slower we stretch each wing aniBlock )
you could make a big aniBlock using many aniBlock but lets keep it simple

Posted: 26 November 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-01
bigh - 26 November 2012 07:19 PM
oldblock - 26 November 2012 06:40 PM

I have my fairy open.
So,

just to get you started
lets do one cycle for 30 frames on the DS timeline - so at frame 15 we have down on both wings - at 30 we have up both wings - test
then we click and make aniBlock
then we can make all the aniBlocks as we want on the aniMate timeline - (fast we make smaller - slower we stretch each wing aniBlock )
you could make a big aniBlock using many aniBlock but lets keep it simple

wrong - we should be down at say frame 7 - up say frame 14 - down 21 - up 27 - frame 30 same as frame 0 ( so add a key at frame 0 )
just play around until it looks right to you

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, I’m not much on this this way is better or that way is better stuff. Each person has a different idea about what is right and what is wrong. When the wings need keyframed is up to the person making the animation. The idea of how to do it is the part that they really need to learn. If they need faster or slower is not the point at this time. Let the user decide what they want it to look like, fast or slow depends on the idea they have in mind.

This is my tip: When you work with AniMate and then Burn to the Timeline you can go back and add things only on the timeline. The drawback is once you add keys to the DS timeline you are stuck with them. You can add more in AniMate and ReBurn but all the old Keys you added to the DS timeline will still exist. What does that mean? Simple, only work at DS timeline level when you are sure you are not going to change the AniMate blocks Burned to the DS timeline again.

I hope this helps some.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2266
Joined  2005-09-05
wendy♥catz - 17 November 2012 05:03 AM
bigh - 17 November 2012 03:01 AM
oldblock - 17 November 2012 01:43 AM

GMT + 8 but hey I’m not difficult to get along with - responses within 24 hrs would be terrific.

you are downunder mate

I am downunder and my time zone is -9 ?

So am I but mine is plus 10…if you’re on the east coast yours should be the same Wendy.

In regard to help…I work full time but check the forum as freqently as I can. I’m happy to help if it’s an area I know.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 02 December 2012 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-04

Success, I have some nice flapping wings and they stretch nicely. I accellorated the cycle 400% and the resultant flapping is a bit lumpy, it sticks and jumps erratically. Will this correct itslf when rendered?
I have spent some time modifying the crouch and jump aniBlock for the fairy’s lift off using the graph editor with success.

Fresh question; when I moved the fairy way off in the distance for the start of her flight path part of her clothing stayed behind. I believe Group will fix this but I can’t find it.
Similarly I’m looking for create path and can’t find this either.
Thanks Pendraia for your interest.

Posted: 23 December 2012 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2012-10-06

Hi Oldblock,
    Are you in Sydney?
  Could probably swap some time and info with you

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-04

Its been a while which is a good sign. I tried the ‘Point at’ function to have a head follow a moving object but it points the wrong axis. Can this be changed?

2 of 2