Digital Art Zone

Victoria 5 Pro bundle tries to install to drive that doesn’t exist
Posted: 16 November 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

I am still trying to install the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle to use with Daz Studio 4.5.
Everytime I try to install a component from the bundle, the installer tries to install the software to a folder on a drive that does not exist.
The path it tries to install to is “I:/oldpc/Program Files/Daz/Studio/resources” then
“I:/oldpc/Program Files/DAZ/Studio/resources/ContentMapFiles

My computer does not have and I: drive and more so, no I: with the above mentioned paths.
What the heck is going on?

Posted: 16 November 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15789
Joined  2003-10-09

The path must have been stored in your settings some how - just select the correct path for your system by clicking the folder icon next to the path box (on most installers)

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 November 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled Daz Studio 4.5 using all default paths, but I still get the I: problem when I try to install Victoria 5 using either the default path or a different path.

Posted: 16 November 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15789
Joined  2003-10-09

The last used path is stored, and somehow it was set to point to that location - just change it in the installer: For a recent installer, which the V5 products should be, you want to select the Customise option, then Specify a path, then click the folder icon to pick the destination (My Library, if you accepted the default).

Image Attachments
01_Customise.JPG02_Specify.JPG03_enter.JPG
 Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list