Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
question about posing
Posted: 17 November 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2003-10-09
razor1977 - 17 November 2012 06:15 PM

the morphs are there now but they are under morphs/imported. The dial names are greyed out and when I move the dails nothing changes. The premade styles don’t even change when loaded. I’m begining to think morphs for v4 hair just don’t work for v5. :(

Your basic problem is not reading instructions, I said

(5) in Parameters tab select neck of hair and “Morph” (not Morphs) section.  All morphs there.

you have not selected the neck part of hair.  The hair works on V5 if you follow steps in correct order and not just select random parts of figure

Posted: 17 November 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-04-28

I only get the option to either click on celestial hair or celestial hair head from the right click menu box. I have to select celestial hair neck from the parameters drop down box. then I go to morph just like you said. Once there i get a slider labled (115)-

the morphs only appear when celestial hair v4 is selected from the parameters drop down menu. then there is only a morphs button below display. there is no Morph. When i expand morphs then i get imported and then neck. When i expand neck, that is where they are and they are greyed out like they are hid.

Once again i repeat when i select the neck part from the drop down and then Morph, i get a slider labeled (115)- nothing else. If i new how to screen cap i’d show you.

Posted: 17 November 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2003-10-09

There is not much effort to make screen capture.
Standard keyboard has button saying “PrtScn”.
You press that once.  Then open 2D image editor program that you prefer (Photoshop, PaintShop, whatever)
Depending on program, you might have to create new empty file first, make dimensions about same as screen.
Then paste contents of clipboard into file (usually a control V).
Then crop picture down to size for showing concerned area and save as JPEG with high compression (makes small)
When in forum, attach image in thread by browse to location where you save

That is how I make this image that show parameter visible and operational when neck is selected

Image Attachments
pbexamp2.jpg

Posted: 18 November 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-04-28

Eureka! i got it. Turns out I had to turn the camera around to get to an area where it allowed me to click the neck part. Apparently you cannot select the neck via pane drop down menu. You have to use the right click pop up menu. Thanks for all of your help. I know it was frustrating.

I do have one question. (don’t worry should be easy) I was thinking of getting genesis generation x. How do i find out whether i have genesis 4 or not? I need to know whether i need the upgrade which is cheaper or the regular pkg.

Posted: 18 November 2012 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2618
Joined  2007-12-07
razor1977 - 18 November 2012 08:35 AM

Eureka! i got it. Turns out I had to turn the camera around to get to an area where it allowed me to click the neck part. Apparently you cannot select the neck via pane drop down menu. You have to use the right click pop up menu. Thanks for all of your help. I know it was frustrating.

I do have one question. (don’t worry should be easy) I was thinking of getting genesis generation x. How do i find out whether i have genesis 4 or not? I need to know whether i need the upgrade which is cheaper or the regular pkg.

If memory serves the Gen4 product by Dimension3D was on sale for a brief-ish period at Renderosity.  It then got updated to Generation X and was moved across to the store here.  If you know you have never bought anything at Renderosity it’d be safe to say you don’t have the original product (and hence no update path).  Else check in your account, under Item List and either select Dimension3D from the list under ‘sort by vendor’ or put ‘Gen4’ in ‘search by item name’ and hit the appropriate ‘go’ button.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

2 of 2