Digital Art Zone

5 of 14
RPG Appreciation Thread
Posted: 03 November 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2003-11-24
Knight22179 - 03 November 2012 06:30 PM

Mr. Minitour sir, there is a hair in my food!

Minitour: Grrrrr

Did I said hair? I meant I LOVE this food, thank you!

Good one, MadManMike. smile

Heh, one of my game buddies pointed out that the advantage to having a Minotaur on your space ship is that if you get stranded, you won’t be hurting for steak… although in this case he’s the cook, so it might not get prepared as well…

Posted: 06 November 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Earlier I posted an image of four characters I did for a friends RIFTS game; this weekend the Pyrokinetic Dwarf lost his life in a battle with an adult dragon. So the customer came back to me for a portrait of the replacement character, a super-solider experiment with super strength, flight, an energy whip and the ability to emit energy from his hands.

Here’s the low-res versions of that commission. Check my DA page later for the detailed versions.

-Mike

Image Attachments
CSExpDAZ.jpgBartonsGang2.0DAZ_.jpg

Posted: 06 November 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2011-04-14

I might make some picture of my character from Runescape :D

Posted: 07 November 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

That’s cool Madmanmike. smile

Back when I played Rifts via Play-by-E-mail, I played a Cyber-Knight. Unfortunately, most of the other players claimed he was too powerful. Which is weird because every power he had was from the main source book. I left that group behind and took my character elsewhere.

@The Castellan: Let’s see those characters from Runescape. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 14 November 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Knight22179 - 07 November 2012 09:52 AM

That’s cool Madmanmike. smile

Back when I played Rifts via Play-by-E-mail, I played a Cyber-Knight. Unfortunately, most of the other players claimed he was too powerful. Which is weird because every power he had was from the main source book. I left that group behind and took my character elsewhere.

@The Castellan: Let’s see those characters from Runescape. smile

Cyber-Knight too powerful? Wow, that’s crazy.

I picked up Xurge’s Paladin Plate Armor and had to do a render, after retexturing it that is..

Full sized image in my DA gallery.

Image Attachments
Golden_KnightDAZ.jpg

Posted: 14 November 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2012-03-27

First off, its great to find such a thread.  I love RPG’s. On computer mostly single players one like KOTOR, Baldur’s gate, Planescape etc. The only pen and paper rpg’s played so far is the dark eye and there was this rpg where the main villain had a similar name to Voldermort. Voldemar, Valden? I remember the end and the image that followed it. He got thrown into the icy dungeon and the guards lead him to it, but can’t remember the title and I really loved that one.

As far as images go all are great. Mike good job on the village.

Signature 

In case you have some free time come see what’s displayed My deviantart gallerysmile
AD
“)

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_10.png

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Ilena52 - 14 November 2012 05:17 PM

First off, its great to find such a thread.  I love RPG’s. On computer mostly single players one like KOTOR, Baldur’s gate, Planescape etc. The only pen and paper rpg’s played so far is the dark eye and there was this rpg where the main villain had a similar name to Voldermort. Voldemar, Valden? I remember the end and the image that followed it. He got thrown into the icy dungeon and the guards lead him to it, but can’t remember the title and I really loved that one.

As far as images go all are great. Mike good job on the village.

Thanks, although it’s actually part of a pretty big city; what you see there is maybe a quarter-inch square from a two page map.

My last space ship set (over on the Davo Appreciation Thread) tipped the balance of my DeviantArt galley away from male portraits to Space Ships, so I thought I’d balance things out.

This one is a Simian D-Bee (dimensional being, aka alien) from the Pecos Empire of the RIFTS world.

Image Attachments
D-BeeMarauderDAZ.jpg

Posted: 06 December 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Well, I’ve been so focused on Space Ships lately that it was time to step back to the RPGs.. This one was done for a commission this morning.. A Warlock (elemental mage) Troll on his throne in the World of RIFTS. I may make some changes..

Image Attachments
ThroneTrollDAZ.jpg

Posted: 07 January 2013 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Okay, this one has languished for a little over a month, so here’s what I’m working on now; a commission for Barton; he’s got a new player and she’s chosen a very exotic race, a Kryygorth Pegasus. These creatures are found in the RIFTS RPG supplement Splynn Dimensional Market. The market trades in all manner of goods and specializes in exotic slave races, and is found in Atlantis, the lost continent of which takes up a good portion of the Atlantic Ocean in the RIFTS setting and is ruled by a Supernatual intelligence callled a Splugorth.

This is just the first draft of the character, thrown together this evening in about an hour. Two Millenium Horses, Feathered Wings and V4..

Image Attachments
KryygorthPegasusDAZ.jpg

Posted: 10 January 2013 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2003-10-09

Hopefully, this doesn’t drift too far away from the thread topic, but you know me, I gotta million of ‘em. Unfortunately.

Image Attachments
image.jpg

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Kurt Lundqvist - 10 January 2013 10:36 AM

Hopefully, this doesn’t drift too far away from the thread topic, but you know me, I gotta million of ‘em. Unfortunately.

I’ve always meant to ask, are you painting the character’s clothing entirely, or just adding detail?

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Okay, so I tweaked the design to the customer’s liking and threw it into a group shot with the remaining two characters from his previous group for scale. Bonus- She’s doing the Gangnam Style dance!

Image Attachments
Bartons_Gang3DAZ.jpg

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

...are you painting the character’s clothing entirely, or just adding detail?

It varies, but in this case it was all painted on.

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2167
Joined  2003-10-09

one of these days i will invent a machine to steal Kurt Lundqvist’s talent and then it will be MINE!!! ALL MINE !!!! EVILMUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted: 16 January 2013 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

smile

Here’s one with a bit more going on.

Image Attachments
FS-Charger3-DF.jpg

5 of 14