RPG Appreciation Thread
Posted: 23 October 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2003-11-24
Knight22179 - 22 October 2012 09:11 PM
MADMANMIKE - 17 October 2012 07:39 AM
Knight22179 - 16 October 2012 10:58 AM

Here are two Cyber-Knight characters from the Rifts main book and Coalition Wars 04: Cyber-Knights that I like to play.

Nice!

Hey, I think you might appreciate this one… wink

Decided to try my hand at re-creating Alpha Prime from Century Station, a source book in the table-top RPG called Heroes Unlimited. The villian floating towards her is my own creation. I call her Nemesis.

Enjoy. smile

I like it! If you have any of Jepe’s SpecialZ, you can probably get the hair and hands dead on to the Zeleznik image.. I usually end up adding his stuff in post-work myself..

I’ve been toying with running a Palladium Fantasy game with what few ‘friends’ I have in the near future, and when I cleaned up my office for the first time in over a year, I found my ‘Quick-Gen’ character sheets for Solder, Longbowman and Psi-Mystic. Since I plan to use Book II: The Old Ones extensively (it has over 50 different Cities, Towns and Forts described and mapped in the Timiro Kingdom), I decided to do some standard images for the Timiro Militiary.. I haven’t finished the Psi-Mystic, instead including a full-on Wizard that serves the military, as I’ll probably have the time to help my most experienced player make that character before the rest get together.

-Mike

Image Attachments
TimiroCharacters.jpg

Posted: 24 October 2012 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

Being a huge fan of D&D’s “Spelljammer” setting I had long wanted to recreate the classic cover from on one of the books in the boxed set wink

Image Attachments
spelljammer_concordance.jpg

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2005-10-18

a few of mine

Image Attachments
display_2359284.jpg

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2005-10-18

couple of more

Image Attachments
file_2359909.jpgfile_2363513.jpg

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

I’ve been sitting on this cool US Army outfit for M4 for some time, so I thought I’d try my hand at putting together some contemporary military Paper Miniatures.. It needs work, but think I’ll get the rest of the accessories and do a set..

Image Attachments
USArmyMiniShow.jpg

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  563
Joined  2003-10-09

Nice! A little washed out / over lit, but overall not bad.

Signature 

A good pun is its own reword

“The greatest sin is to be willfully unteachable” - Dr. Pat Allen

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Valandar - 24 October 2012 05:42 PM

Nice! A little washed out / over lit, but overall not bad.

Thanks. The lighting is deliberate, as it’s designed to be reduced to 1.15 inches for a paper miniature.  I do a front and back render and lay them out 27 minis to a page.. same with the three fantasy one’s above.

Posted: 27 October 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Threw this together yesterday; it’s actually a portion of Old Timiro, based on the layout given in a map in Palladium Fantasy RPG® Book II: The Old Ones.  The building on the left is item 69: “Tavern: Cheap beer, ale and women.” On the map there was a wide open space in front of it, so I decided it was a good spot for a market.

Took over an hour to render as is, so to add the necessary people will probably take another day or two of work… don’t know if I have that in me..

Image Attachments
OTBackMarketDAZ.jpg

Posted: 28 October 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

Good job, Madmanmike, on all your renders.

Yes, I wouldn’t even have the patient for an hours worth of a render. That village looks good.

You could always get PwCatch then use that village as a backdrop, create a primitive plane and use it to catch shadows then add people. A lot of work, but it’ll probably save on render time. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 28 October 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Knight22179 - 28 October 2012 09:07 AM

Good job, Madmanmike, on all your renders.

Yes, I wouldn’t even have the patient for an hours worth of a render. That village looks good.

You could always get PwCatch then use that village as a backdrop, create a primitive plane and use it to catch shadows then add people. A lot of work, but it’ll probably save on render time. smile

PWCatch? No idea what that is. I use D|S 2.3, the most advanced version that will work on my computer.

I’ve actually spent most of the time since I did that render using Poser 6 to hack the Medieval Town kit by George279 (used for the smaller buildings in the middle) to make the interior usable.

Posted: 29 October 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Well nuts…PwCatch only works for DS 4 (I think for DS 3 as well, not sure).

Just to give you an idea of what PwCatch can do though, here’s a scene I rendered with a throne backdrop. See those shadows under the figures? That’s actually a primitive plane I created as the floor. PwCatch creates the illusion of backdrops being part of the full scene.

Image Attachments
Talents.jpg
 Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 29 October 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Interesting. In my experience if you make something invisible, the program renders as if it’s not in the document, so I can render part of an image, leave the camera where it is, make that part invisible and another part visible, render that, etc, until it’s done. Then it’s just a matter of layering it in Photoshop, which I always do as part of my post-work anyway.. If you turn off all the lights, whatever is in your scene will render as all black on white background; In PS you can just select all white and use that to make a mask for that item so you can process it.

Posted: 30 October 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Awesome. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

http://madmanmike.deviantart.com/#/d5jyyed

Image Attachments
ChefIckyDAZ.jpg

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Mr. Minitour sir, there is a hair in my food!

Minitour: Grrrrr

Did I said hair? I meant I LOVE this food, thank you!

Good one, MadManMike. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

4 of 14