Digital Art Zone

Coalition Rapier Armor question
Posted: 15 November 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4706
Joined  2011-11-25

Coalition Rapier Armor is on sale right now. My question is, how does it look without the helmet? Can this be worn without it, or does it look dorky…. ? I tend to like not helmeting up my characters all the time, but the production shots do not show it.

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2004-10-09

I think it looks pretty good. Here is a shot of a character without the helmet (The guy in the back using DzFire’s extension and textures). Sorry for the small image, it’s just a crop of a larger scene. I did not have anything else handy right now. I can post something later if needed.
Ciao
TD

Image Attachments
Commandcenter-crop.jpg
 Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4706
Joined  2011-11-25
thd777 - 15 November 2012 11:11 AM

I think it looks pretty good. Here is a shot of a character without the helmet (The guy in the back using DzFire’s extension and textures). Sorry for the small image, it’s just a crop of a larger scene. I did not have anything else handy right now. I can post something later if needed.
Ciao
TD

I like that! and nice scene. I just wanted to see how versatile it was before biting!

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2004-10-09

It’s a very good set. I can also highly recommend DZFire’s extension. It adds a lot of items and four “realistic” texture sets. Unfortunately not on sale right now: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ar-wraith-marines

Ciao
TD

Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2012-02-16

Here is a very, very quick render, using Daz Studio defaults, that is a bit larger showing the armor without the helmet.

I agree with thd777 that this is a good set.

Image Attachments
CoalitionArmor_001a.jpg