Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Error in mailout - Marrakesh Souks 2012 upgrade
Posted: 15 November 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1292
Joined  2006-01-16

We are fixing this this morning. Very sorry.

M F M - 15 November 2012 03:12 AM

*raises hand* (^_^)n

yep, got the email (from DAZ), got the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle (in my History), tried the new Marrakesh 2012 in basket, did NOT get the advertised discount on checkout… sitting tight for now (seeing as it’s on special for a week ^_^).

Enjoy your tea Jack, I suspect this might be the quiet before the storm wink.

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_Kevin - 15 November 2012 10:21 AM

*raises hand* (^_^)n

yep, got the email (from DAZ), got the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle (in my History), tried the new Marrakesh 2012 in basket, did NOT get the advertised discount on checkout… sitting tight for now (seeing as it’s on special for a week ^_^).

fixing this how? may one ask

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-02-21

We sent an email to all customers who have previously purchased Marrakesh Souks to receive 80% off of the new Marrakesh Souks. There was a list of customers that got this email that did not purchase Marrakesh Souks. We apologize for the error. If you do not receive the 80% off of Marrakesh Souks and you believe you have purchase the old Marrakesh Souks, please send a Ticket to Sales with your order number for reference.

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1292
Joined  2006-01-16

OK, should be working now for bundle owners.

*raises hand* (^_^)n

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1128
Joined  2006-08-31

Confirmed working for me - thanks Jack, and Kevin! (^_^)d

DAZ_Kevin - 15 November 2012 11:50 AM

OK, should be working now for bundle owners.

*raises hand* (^_^)n

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4647
Joined  2008-03-06

I also didn’t buy the original (I think) but got the email.  Disappointing, but I’ll probably end up buying it anyway with all of the great DAZ options you did for it.  I can never have enough of these one-click loading sets. wink

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3257
Joined  0

Cheers - yea one-clickers are where its at! :D

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2260
Joined  2007-12-07

Mine!!!  And for 80% off (thanks to having the anniversary bundle!).

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2005-03-09

I bought the original… I have the old version in my item history… the email does not work regardless how I try…

but after thinking about it… I am NOT going to contact DAZ because I an NOT going to buy the update…

Why?

What happened to the days when a vendor released an updated file and buyers of the old version got the update free… RMP has never done something like this… That’s the way things used to be here… 

This is not a “significantly different product” than the original so why should I pay again for something I already own? Is this the way DAZ is planning on “updating” old content? Count me out on those too.

I like your work Jack but I won’t buy something I already own

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
gishzida - 15 November 2012 02:14 PM

I bought the original… I have the old version in my item history… the email does not work regardless how I try…

but after thinking about it… I am NOT going to contact DAZ because I an NOT going to buy the update…

Why?

What happened to the days when a vendor released an updated file and buyers of the old version got the update free… RMP has never done something like this… That’s the way things used to be here… 

This is not a “significantly different product” than the original so why should I pay again for something I already own? Is this the way DAZ is planning on “updating” old content? Count me out on those too.

I like your work Jack but I won’t buy something I already own

To be clear, DAZ don’t set the pricing - it’s down to the PA, in this case, me. DAZ have nothing to do with any of this.

At the start when the original RHS content was pulled it was my intention to re-texture the sets and release them as free updates.  However as I started to work on them, it turns out I spent as much time as I do with ‘new’ products creating all the new textures from scratch, the completely new DS content, the new artwork etc.  It was also the case that I optimised a lot of the old Poser materials, so nothing was as straightforward as I originally planned.

I had three choices, either bin the lot, rush it, or actually treat it as a new project.  Clearly there was only one option - and it’s nice to see a few emails actually commenting about the textures being better than than original, so I think it was worth the time and effort to do.

As a result, I needed to charge a nominal fee (I think it’s averaging about 5$) for the new updates (which is not bad for a new texture pack, ignoring all the other new features) to cover my time invested in it. Each product so far has been about 6 weeks of working evenings and weekends, on top of my new PA and PC content. It’s a labour of love, and really given the choice I’d rather be working on new content - but I feel I owe it to the original owners and the legacy of my back-catalogue to get them out again.  After all, they’re not bad models. The sad fact is that even charging this fee, I’m not actually covering the costs of my time on this.  However, I’m willing to swallow that since most of the feedback has been positive.

I’m sorry you feel it’s not worth it - but hey, it’s your choice, you can continue to use the existing sets.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-03-29

I got the e-mail from Daz3d.
I had previously purchased the product.
I did get the discount at check out.

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
zyxadt - 15 November 2012 02:32 PM

I got the e-mail from Daz3d.
I had previously purchased the product.
I did get the discount at check out.

If only it was always this straightforward.

Thanks and enjoy the new set smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2007-05-26

I got a great new texture set and updated shaders for a little over $4…. so I am a very happy camper!

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  0

Which item qualifies for the discount? I got the email and have the Souks basket (freebie) in my history, along with something called Kingdom of Marrakesh Seat (possibly bought, along with some Marrakesh clothing items. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Posted: 15 November 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2007-03-03
Byrdie - 15 November 2012 04:30 PM

Which item qualifies for the discount? I got the email and have the Souks basket (freebie) in my history, along with something called Kingdom of Marrakesh Seat (possibly bought, along with some Marrakesh clothing items. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Same for me…

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

2 of 3