Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Error in mailout - Marrakesh Souks 2012 upgrade
Posted: 15 November 2012 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1892
Joined  2005-04-15

So, I got an e-mail stating that as a buyer of Marrakesh Souks, I was qualified to get 80% off Marakesh Souks 2012, and that if I put it in my cart, it would ring out at the correct price.  So, I put it in my cart and went through the motions of checking out and… no discount.  Then I checked my history and it turns out I never bought Marrakesh Souks, just the add-on.  I wonder how many others got the same erroneous mail-out?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3499
Joined  0

Yea, I’m on the case - though obviously need to wait until DAZ opens smile

Thanks for your patience!

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Just to clarify a points as well.

I’ve emailed this out - not DAZ (or is this actually from DAZ which I’m not aware of?).  You got the email as you signed up to my mailing list over at jacktomalin.com.  The timing just seems weird given I kicked off a mailshot at the same time you posted this.

The discount, when it works, will be for people who previously purchased either the original Marrakesh Souks, or the Marrakesh Anniversary bundle. Don’t forget, new customers receive a 30% introductory discount regardless.

When you say you’ve only bought the addon, what addon is that?

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Clarification of a clarification (like Clarifiception?)

I’m being made aware that DAZ *has* sent an email out.  I don’t know what item you bought originally, so don’t know if it’s in error or not.. but that said, there still seems to be some issues with discounts not applying on the previous Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle purchases.  If you purchased that, then sit tight and the issues will be fixed ASAP (best keep an eye on the JAS thread)

If you haven’t purchased any of it before - apologies for the spam.  If you would like to, there’s a 30% intro discount on that, and the rest of my store.

Phew, time for a cup of tea!

Cheers!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1236
Joined  2006-08-31

*raises hand* (^_^)n

yep, got the email (from DAZ), got the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle (in my History), tried the new Marrakesh 2012 in basket, did NOT get the advertised discount on checkout… sitting tight for now (seeing as it’s on special for a week ^_^).

Enjoy your tea Jack, I suspect this might be the quiet before the storm wink.

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2007-05-26

Same as M F M…. went as far as order recap and no discount… I bought the Marrakesh bundle which I guess is no longer in the store? No hurry here…. just up late downloading stuff from PoserWorld and listening to hit list on music choice:)

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
M F M - 15 November 2012 03:12 AM

*raises hand* (^_^)n

yep, got the email (from DAZ), got the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle (in my History), tried the new Marrakesh 2012 in basket, did NOT get the advertised discount on checkout… sitting tight for now (seeing as it’s on special for a week ^_^).

Enjoy your tea Jack, I suspect this might be the quiet before the storm wink.

Seems the bundle is the issue then.. smile

Quiet before the storm? Naaaaaaah, it’s another day in paradise smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

How sad.  The Marrakesh Souk Basket doesn’t give me an 80% discount either.

But then ... I didn’t expect it to.  Since it was free at the time I purchased it.

I did find the DAZ marketing email confusing.  A quick glance at the email states 80% off.  It’s not unless you take the time to read the finer print do you learn because you purchased the original product you are therefore entitled to that 80% off. 

Of course, I didn’t purchase the original product, nor did I purchase the bundle ... which would be why the store refuses to give me the 80% off ... even though DAZ states I did purchase the original product. 

Gosh.  You just can’t believe everything you read!

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Well I guess a marketing email is just that - and you should always read the fine print! wink

That said, while you should never say never, the chances of me releasing a new product with a discount of 80% is slim to none - it’s simply not viable.

The only reason I discount re-releases >50% is out of courtesy and a thank you to the people who purchased the originals. For new customers, the ‘standard’ 30% discount is available - so I hope that pleases both parties.  If not, well I apologise but it’s the best I can do.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2357
Joined  2007-12-07

Ahh, I ahve the Anniversary bundle - no wonder no 80%.  I shall sit patie .... are we there yet? wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 15 November 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2005-02-25

Well sad waste of time when i check the email and add to my cart, no discount…. well check my order history(because not all of us remember or install everything especially after a computer recently died)  and no, not correct… so i come to check the forum to see to my dismay that sadly I do not actually get it at 80% off.

Most of your stuff, Mr Tomalin, is in my wishlist, but generally out of price range. Not a complaint, just like I buy the cheapest dishes for my kitchen instead of the nicest china… that’s just how it rolls.

but a bit annoyed that Daz got my hopes up for nothing.  I know they’re rushing from one sale to another… first the PA sale, then the Daz Annual PC sale, and then the Black November, which is new and totally unexpected.  So I suppose mistakes like this happen.  But telling us we get something at 80% off isn’t a good mistake, Daz. :(

Posted: 15 November 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
belovedalia - 15 November 2012 05:35 AM

Well sad waste of time when i check the email and add to my cart, no discount…. well check my order history(because not all of us remember or install everything especially after a computer recently died)  and no, not correct… so i come to check the forum to see to my dismay that sadly I do not actually get it at 80% off.

Most of your stuff, Mr Tomalin, is in my wishlist, but generally out of price range. Not a complaint, just like I buy the cheapest dishes for my kitchen instead of the nicest china… that’s just how it rolls.

but a bit annoyed that Daz got my hopes up for nothing.  I know they’re rushing from one sale to another… first the PA sale, then the Daz Annual PC sale, and then the Black November, which is new and totally unexpected.  So I suppose mistakes like this happen.  But telling us we get something at 80% off isn’t a good mistake, Daz. :(

All I can say, for future reference - is that if you see my name associated with discounts over 50% - be very wary until you read the small print.  I don’t want people getting their hopes up.

I’m sad to see the offer of 30% off for new customers is over shadowed by the lure of the ‘huge’ discount.  Like I said earlier, 80% discounts on new products, for me at, least.. aren’t an option.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 15 November 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2005-02-25

Oh indeed, very unfair to you, Mr. Tomalin…30% off is itself fantastic, as are your sets, just generally out of my range, so admittedly the prospect of 80% off was quite exciting until reality set in.  Generally I never see PAs that deeply discounted unless its much older, and there are a few PAs who habitually price things lower overall, but hey, got my hopes up for an overly spectacularly price item.

I do hope to see more renders of your new release. I may not be able to get it, but I sure can look and drool…  *preps keyboard with cover to be drool-proof* smile

Posted: 15 November 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2003-10-09

I go the same email. It was from Daz and it says “because you purchased the original product…”. But I did not purchase the original product so their marketing software should not have sent it to me. It looks as if someone at Daz has messed up.

I did get the free Souk Basket, but if that triggered the e-mail then it is still a bug in their system.

Posted: 15 November 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

I don’t have either of the original products and I got the “because you purchased” email too.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2011-02-03

Got the same e-mail and didn’t purchase the previous item.. But I have learned that’s the way it works sometimes here… And I understand Mr. Tomalin your sets are awesome and well worth the price unfortunately out of my price range on the best of days.. so I too drool over them.. Maybe one day cheese my bank account will cooperate.

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/68
My deviantART http://kitashrak.deviantart.com/

1 of 3