Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Genesis Female Genitalia
Posted: 19 November 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

I fixed it by finding the old installer, 1.1, on my laptop and installing it.

The “Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 1” I believe has genital morphs, but I haven’t tried them yet.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10
Ledhead - 19 November 2012 10:23 AM

I fixed it by finding the old installer, 1.1, on my laptop and installing it.

The “Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 1” I believe has genital morphs, but I haven’t tried them yet.

I rarely use the female gens anymore because the Morph Body Resource morphs are so amazingly good.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4865
Joined  2009-02-26

I actually haven’t tried those particular morphs in the resource kit… but I imagine you’d have to play around with the torso texture to assist in realism.

I do have version 1.1… but that’s the only earlier version I have in my archive of downloads. The version I am currently installed with is 1.4. From reading this thread, version 1.5 is pretty bad, so I haven’t reset the download.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

I’ll say that the gen morph from the Genesis Body Morph Resource kit do a good job as well for the type of stuff I do. But if I wanted a bit more detail then I’d have to go to another gen solution.

Since we are talking about inner surfaces. I think the folks that are missing that extra material zone are the types that would need more than the Genesis BMRK.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  985
Joined  2012-02-04
Spyro - 19 November 2012 10:12 AM

Okay… so I’m wondering if anyone knows how to fix the missing material zones on the Gn female gens? People have said they’ve fixed it and I dont know how to :S

It’s been a while since I fixed mine (I did it when they released the updated set with S5 UV map support), but basically you need to install a later set that includes the S5 UV maps.  This will also have the duplicate ID issue fixed.  1.4 should be sufficient for this, if I recall correctly.  Then you need to install the 1.1 version to some other location and copy the Genital Detail UV dsf file over into the current install location along with the texture file for it.  Additionally, you have to hand-edit the geometry dsf in the data directory to add the material zone back in (use a text diff utility to find this) and then also edit the .duf that loads the genitals (again use a text diff utility to find the stuff you need to copy back in).  You can then also copy the mat pose file from 1.1 over into the current install so that it applies the surface settings for both mat zones.

I realize this is vague, but I’m not on the machine with my Studio content, and I’m writing this from memory.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

To my surprise, when I installed version 1.1 after having 1.4 installed… 1.1 kept the 1.4 S5 UV active, while giving me back the separate material zone. The only thing it couldn’t fix was the duplicate ID issue… but that’s no problem to me, as it’s just a annoying message that pops up when loading it. I still have duplicate IDs for the genesis figure anyway… and have never been able to rid of it.

@lars - No the morphs in BMRK are fine, I’m only trying to make my characters anatomically realistic, I’m right into surfacing and textures, so I don’t want the gens in nude renders to let me down is all. Realism is what I strive for. The only reason I wanted to fix it is because it was a feature (The two mat zones) that was lost in the update. smile

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
Spyro - 19 November 2012 07:49 PM

To my surprise, when I installed version 1.1 after having 1.4 installed… 1.1 kept the 1.4 S5 UV active, while giving me back the separate material zone. The only thing it couldn’t fix was the duplicate ID issue… but that’s no problem to me, as it’s just a annoying message that pops up when loading it. I still have duplicate IDs for the genesis figure anyway… and have never been able to rid of it.

@lars - No the morphs in BMRK are fine, I’m only trying to make my characters anatomically realistic, I’m right into surfacing and textures, so I don’t want the gens in nude renders to let me down is all. Realism is what I strive for. The only reason I wanted to fix it is because it was a feature (The two mat zones) that was lost in the update. smile

Then yeah if your going in there then yeah you need more but for staying outside BMRK is fine.

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

LMAO it’s such a strange topic tongue laugh

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13582
Joined  2003-10-09

My Fix Duplicate IDs script should deal with the warning message.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 November 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
Spyro - 19 November 2012 10:24 PM

LMAO it’s such a strange topic tongue laugh

LOL.

@Richard yeah that script is useful. I use it all the time still because I keep finding stuff that needs fixing.

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-04
Richard Haseltine - 20 November 2012 06:10 AM

Could I get a link for it Richard. Thx!

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2004-10-09
Ledhead - 20 November 2012 09:20 AM

The link is in Richard’s signature. Fix duplicates is in the fourth post on that page.
TD

Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-04
thd777 - 20 November 2012 09:28 AM
Ledhead - 20 November 2012 09:20 AM

The link is in Richard’s signature. Fix duplicates is in the fourth post on that page.
TD

Just slap me upside the head and call me stupid. TY!

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

I wonder… can DS Import UVS exported from UVMapper?  I’m curious, because if somone still has the older version, they could call it up in UVMapper, create the old UVS and distribute it on ShareCG or somesuch…

I scwewed up, I did the same thing everyone else did, so I no longer have the original…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2011-09-13
wancow - 20 November 2012 09:57 AM

I wonder… can DS Import UVS exported from UVMapper?  I’m curious, because if somone still has the older version, they could call it up in UVMapper, create the old UVS and distribute it on ShareCG or somesuch…

I scwewed up, I did the same thing everyone else did, so I no longer have the original…

UV maps are imported from a re-mapped object. I’ve never used UVMapper, but I’ve done this with Blender and if UVMapper can export remapped meshes as obj (which I assume it must be able to do) then it should work with that too. Export the figure to be remapped as obj from DAZ and import into the modelling/ UV application, remap as required and re-export as obj. Import this back into DAZ: Mec4D has made a video tutorial on this here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEhgIPJ2LlE

2 of 3