Digital Art Zone

6 of 6
UNUSABLE IN Win-8
Posted: 30 November 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

‘tis gonna be free for the same reason the Windows 8 Pro upgrade is suddenly an attractive price ...
... ‘tis cos no one in the right mind would actually buy it.

Legislation is about to make their data-mining a big problem for them, and that’s what all this bullshit was designed around and what they’d all pinned their hopes on (it’s just another well-deserved bite on the arse for them).  And while most people concentrate on Apple, Google and Microsoft, the “mobile platform” that’s really gonna have every one of them shitting bricks when it picks up pace…

Is this one:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefoxos/

Heh Heh Heh :mrgreen:

Posted: 01 December 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

Spotted the biggie here anyone?

Pssst ... that lovely new Firefox OS is going to effect Apple more than any of them (and in a very big way).

The reason it’s going to effect Apple the most is because it’ll break their monopoly for them, right on their own devices (how cool is that?), and there’s not a thing they can do to stop it because Firefox apps work on any device that can decode HTML 5, nothing special required.  In order for Apple to stop Firefox OS apps running on one of their monopoly “iThing” devices, they’d have to break the web on those devices in order to do it, because wisely, Firefox OS is the web, it’s HTML 5.

And hey, Apple are all for HTML 5, I mean just ask Adobe (another bunch of asses).  Now that is what you call beating the not-so-wise-asses at their own game, and it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving bunch.

Now I really must return to indulging “dumb mode” immediately so that others may continue to “indulge” me.
My bloody sides are killing me, really, you have no idea :-P

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

@Pam
Rather than ask elsewhere I thought it fitting to ask this here due to the conversation:  Would it be ok to use the attached image as my banner here until the end of December 3rd?  I hope so because it’s something that will effect every one of us in a big way if it gets through, and sadly not enough people are even aware of it - guess why?

Here’s the website the banner would link to if you allowed it:
http://www.internetcoup.org/en/

If this crap gets through you can wave goodbye to the internet and your freedom as you know it.  You won’t even know that things are being kept from you because it’ll never be allowed to reach you (a deathly dangerous proposition).  You will live in a world where the only thing you see is what they want you to see, and the only thing you can do, is what they want you to do.

Image Attachments
D3SIC.jpg

Posted: 04 December 2012 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16359
Joined  2003-10-09

Strange question to ask on December 4th. 

Forum banners are no longer clickable anyway., but I would need to consult the team before I could come back with an answer.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 December 2012 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

Exactly my point which is why I posted it directly after December 3rd ;-)

There’s actually no point in asking them if it’s not clickable, but thanks anyway (it would still be of use in making people aware).  The reason for posting now it is to prove the point that if you’re not aware of something, how are you going to have control over it?  This is what is being proposed here.  How many people were actually aware of what is listed at that page, or even what the ITU is?

I’m guessing “Not enough people” is the answer.
Let’s hope this crap doesn’t get a foothold, ‘cause if it does, there’ll be no going back!

DAZ would never have allowed that banner anyway, otherwise it would have been in place already.

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

And now, guess what, my last post on the subject ...

Google actually doing some good (I’m guessing it’s in their best interest to do so):
https://www.google.com/takeaction/

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

And a little something to watch live:
http://freeandopenweb.com/?utm_source=freeandopen&utm_medium=hp&utm_campaign=fo-p2-hp

Ok, that’s your lot, peasants!

Posted: 04 December 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2003-10-09
Design Acrobat - 30 November 2012 05:27 AM

You can see here in the image below the Windows desktop with Bryce opened up on it.

That’s interesting, because it looks like Bryce can now be in a floating window with the GUI wrapped around the work space, instead of full screen. Not seen that for a while, and it’s an incentive to look at Win8.

Image by Design Acrobat

Image Attachments
brycewin8.jpg

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
_ PJF _ - 04 December 2012 07:29 PM
Design Acrobat - 30 November 2012 05:27 AM

You can see here in the image below the Windows desktop with Bryce opened up on it.

That’s interesting, because it looks like Bryce can now be in a floating window with the GUI wrapped around the work space, instead of full screen. Not seen that for a while, and it’s an incentive to look at Win8.

Image by Design Acrobat

That is…if it’s not the ONLY way to run it.  It could be ‘windowed’ mode as opposed to ‘full screen’ is the only way to may it work.  That is how I got Bryce 5.5 MOSTLY working in WINE.  It would still pop up some of its windows/dialog boxes behind everything else, making them inaccessible…but that’s another story.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12
_ PJF _ - 04 December 2012 07:29 PM

Not seen that for a while, and it’s an incentive to look at Win8.

You only said that ‘cause I had a pop at Woody Allen :mrgreen:

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2003-10-09
mjc1016 - 04 December 2012 09:02 PM

That is…if it’s not the ONLY way to run it.  It could be ‘windowed’ mode as opposed to ‘full screen’ is the only way to may it work.

Scary thought!

C’mon Windows 8 users, how does Bryce appear on the desktop?

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12
_ PJF _ - 05 December 2012 06:36 PM

C’mon Windows 8 users, how does Bryce appear on the desktop?

Well, you could always buy a copy and find out seeing as it’s such an attractive proposition for you.
Just so you know, Amazon were practically giving the upgrade away a few weeks back :-D

In all seriousness, I’m guessing if you sit it out it’s going to be free anyway because Microsoft want everyone using that dumb interface - and will surely do their best to make it happen.  As soon as the initial bunch of sheep have dried up, the price will drop quicker than a whores knickers.

6 of 6