Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2003-10-09

Very exciting and I love the cute ponies too!

Can anyone please tell me the differences between this horse and the MilHorse model? Also looking at the texture templates it looks as though it shouldn’t be a huge job transferring the older texture maps over, or perhaps there are MilHorse uvs included as in Genesis? I have tons and tons of my own custom textures and don’t want to have to do them all over from scratch..

Really wanting to buy this but just plonked down as wad on all the sale items over the past couple of weeks, think my OH will be unhappy if not for very good reasons lol. Most of my artwork includes the MilHorse or the Heavy Horse models so this is going to be a huge difference to me.

Loving the it having all the hair as separate geometry as that means it will be so much easier to work with Carrara’s dynamic hair smile

Signature 

LadyfyreGraphics Online:
 Website | Store | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1112
Joined  2010-11-30

In the Pro Bundle the PC link for the Western Gear Poser Core file downloads the Mac one.

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I couldn’t wait so have bought the pro bundle, will post my finding in another thread once I downloaded it all and ha a play :0)

Signature 

LadyfyreGraphics Online:

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

post your horsey pictures here people. Man it’s been out for a full night and no sharing yet. Do something creative and funky and share it with us wink

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve just had to pop out to feed my real horses but got a notification on my phone and thought I’d add that in my download links everything for the pro bundle has been duplicated, it wasn’t until I’d checked the folder I’m downloading it all to that I realised as there I just so much stuff. it’ll take forever to install it all lol.
As an aside does anyone know if there is any way to filter Mac and pc downloads like on the old site? Pain in the bum realising you’ve been downloading the wrong one with a huge list to go through!

Signature 

LadyfyreGraphics Online:

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2005-11-30

Does it work in DS3? red face

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13921
Joined  2003-10-09

No, it’s a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  2006-01-16

I just tested this again, I am seeing the discount.  Tested logged in and not logged in… worked for both.  Perhaps contact Customer Support.

Pendraia - 27 November 2012 02:13 AM

Also I’m not seeing the discount if I put the Horse Pro bundle and the equestrian props plus barding textures in the cart…

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1112
Joined  2010-11-30

Another missing file in the Pro bundle,  No links are in the bundle for the PC Horse Accessories - DSON Core file.

I also noticed that one of the link that for another product in the bundle that showed up multiple times for another item was downloading the wrong file, yet a duplicate link that had the samee name was downloading the correct file.

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2006-09-27

Hoping to buy it Friday.  Everything that I’ve looked at makes me want it more. (is it Friday yet? LOL )

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1710
Joined  2010-10-10
Richard Haseltine - 27 November 2012 09:12 AM

No, it’s a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

So it will definately work in DS4.

Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1314
Joined  2010-03-15
Richard Haseltine - 27 November 2012 09:12 AM

What if I load it in DS4, then export it as a CR2? Will I be able to load and use it in DS3, then?

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  999
Joined  2012-02-04

There are multiple issues with the Pro bundle links.

First off, every file is listed twice (so you see 2 PC DSON, 2 PC PCF, 2 Mac DSON, 2 MAC PCF entires for each included product).  And at least one product (Wagon Trail 2) has all files listed *three* times.

Western Tack Textures downloads the Western Saddle Texures, which are also listed as their own separate entries
Wagon Trail 1 is missing entirely.  (Wagon Trail 2 is there, however)
Horse Accessories DSON Core has the PC download labled as Mac.  So you have to click each of them until you find the one that gives the .exe instead of the .zip.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7444
Joined  2009-07-13

ok, is there a .dmc file somewhere? The Genesis one does not work, it has phonemes

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

5 of 26