24 of 26
DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread
Posted: 06 December 2012 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 346 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2003-10-09
Satira Capriccio - 06 December 2012 12:46 AM

Took a while, but I finally had time to put something together for the new horsie.  Tail and Mane were an absolute pain, and I ended up using three manes before I was satisfied ...

Well ... sorta.  Too bad the horse was rushed out without a decent tail and mane.

Edit: AND without fetlocks!

Classic! Beauriful

Posted: 06 December 2012 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 347 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Good news for those who love the old Charger Fantasy Tack!

With CauriB’s Milhorse clone and Bloodsong’s fit to the MilHorse (rte encoder required) we can have the old Fantasy Tack (Saddle only) on the new DAZ Horse 2.

I’d forgotten about it and found the Bloodsong conversion in my MilHorse directory while poking around. I had loaded up DAZ Horse 2, then I clicked on the converted Fantasy Saddle—I had to hunt down the textures because I had them in a different place than the .cr2 expected so be careful of that and know where your textures are. The transfer utility popped up, select milhorse from the clone dropdown. That’s it.

Charger Fantasy Tack http://www.daz3d.com/shop/charger-fantasy-tack

Millenium Horse Conversion by Bloodsong (only the saddle) http://www.3dmenagerie.com/  (Click on Goodies in the left column, then on Poser in top box and scroll down a bit)

CauriB clone: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11539/P225  Page 16 Message #231

Here’s a quickie of the Fantasy Saddle on DH2 with about 60% Pony dialed in….

Image Attachments
DH2-chargersaddle-pony60pc.jpg

Posted: 06 December 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 348 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14291
Joined  2003-10-09
zigraphix - 05 December 2012 08:26 PM

Follow-up: Astral Armor doesn’t seem to fit MilHorse SR1 very well, either… maybe it’s intended for a different horse model? It’s not available in the store anymore… ah, I just found the Readme, and Astral Armor is for the Charger. Spinebender is for the MilHorse. Back to the drawing board….

I apologize for having doubted you. smile Here is the Horse 2 and Llama in Spinebender Armor. (But it might be worthwhile to make a Charger clone for Horse2.)

Astral Armour/Spinebender were a double set - one (AA) for the Charger, one (SB) for the Mil Horse.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 06 December 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 349 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5906
Joined  2006-02-20
Spit - 06 December 2012 02:35 AM

Good news for those who love the old Charger Fantasy Tack!

With CauriB’s Milhorse clone and Bloodsong’s fit to the MilHorse (rte encoder required) we can have the old Fantasy Tack (Saddle only) on the new DAZ Horse 2.

I’d forgotten about it and found the Bloodsong conversion in my MilHorse directory while poking around. I had loaded up DAZ Horse 2, then I clicked on the converted Fantasy Saddle—I had to hunt down the textures because I had them in a different place than the .cr2 expected so be careful of that and know where your textures are. The transfer utility popped up, select milhorse from the clone dropdown. That’s it.

Charger Fantasy Tack http://www.daz3d.com/shop/charger-fantasy-tack

Millenium Horse Conversion by Bloodsong (only the saddle) http://www.3dmenagerie.com/  (Click on Goodies in the left column, then on Poser in top box and scroll down a bit)

CauriB clone: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11539/P225  Page 16 Message #231

Here’s a quickie of the Fantasy Saddle on DH2 with about 60% Pony dialed in….

Thank you for the heads up - and that is an adorable pony!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 06 December 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 350 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
Richard Haseltine - 06 December 2012 06:39 AM
zigraphix - 05 December 2012 08:26 PM

Follow-up: Astral Armor doesn’t seem to fit MilHorse SR1 very well, either… maybe it’s intended for a different horse model? It’s not available in the store anymore… ah, I just found the Readme, and Astral Armor is for the Charger. Spinebender is for the MilHorse. Back to the drawing board….

I apologize for having doubted you. smile Here is the Horse 2 and Llama in Spinebender Armor. (But it might be worthwhile to make a Charger clone for Horse2.)

Astral Armour/Spinebender were a double set - one (AA) for the Charger, one (SB) for the Mil Horse.

Yes, I figured that out. smile if no one else has made a Charger clone by this weekend, I’ll probably tackle it. And maybe the camel, though there isn’t as much gear for it that can be converted. And I’ll take a look at the Poser horse, not for UV mapping, but just to see if I can get a clone shape to work. What else…. Maybe the reindeer? I don’t know as I’m up to making a morph good enough to use in an image, but I’ve had pretty good luck making clones.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 351 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5906
Joined  2006-02-20

Oh wow ...
I’ve got the Camel saddle and bridle - and there is a free one too: http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/vehicle.html
and a Charger clone!
And the Poser horse!
http://www.planit3d.com/source/poser/helmut1.html
and
http://freestuff.cloudlandcastle.net/characaters.html
http://www.planit3d.com/source/poser/lyne5.html

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 352 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2010-10-10

So, how do you make a Clone?

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 06 December 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 353 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

I think all of us with clothes for the Gen3 kids would like to know that…

Posted: 06 December 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 354 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 06 December 2012 06:44 AM

You’re welcome and thank you. :D

zigraphix - 06 December 2012 06:51 AM

Yes, I figured that out. smile if no one else has made a Charger clone by this weekend, I’ll probably tackle it. And maybe the camel, though there isn’t as much gear for it that can be converted. And I’ll take a look at the Poser horse, not for UV mapping, but just to see if I can get a clone shape to work. What else…. Maybe the reindeer? I don’t know as I’m up to making a morph good enough to use in an image, but I’ve had pretty good luck making clones.

Do you perchance have the adHorse? It’s a nice one that grazes beautifully. Almost no poses for it though.

BUT it has CONFORMING mane, short mane, and tail all with morphs! It would be neat if we could use them with DH2.

Posted: 06 December 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 355 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25
Spit - 06 December 2012 11:19 AM
Kerya - 06 December 2012 06:44 AM

You’re welcome and thank you. :D

zigraphix - 06 December 2012 06:51 AM

Do you perchance have the adHorse? It’s a nice one that grazes beautifully. Almost no poses for it though.

BUT it has CONFORMING mane, short mane, and tail all with morphs! It would be neat if we could use them with DH2.

I don’t have that one yet, but that’s a good idea too. smile Let me get the Charger done first, and Poser Horse, and we’ll see what comes next.

It is possible that I could do UV maps for Charger or Poser Horse… would there be any interest at all? I’ve done some pretty radical UV map conversions in the past (Queen of Ages<-MFD, for example). They’re a lot of work, though, so I might have to charge for that.

As for how you make a clone… I usually start by loading both figures into the scene. Then I start adjusting scale of Genesis (or Horse 2) body parts until everything gets pretty close to the scale of the model I’m trying to clone. In particular, joint boundaries should match up. If the mesh needs to be stretched or shrunk a bit other than what whole bone scaling can do, I use D-Formers (magnets). Then I save out the result as a morph, and put it into the Clones folder (see the other things in there for examples).

I’ll write up better directions this weekend when I do the Charger. smile

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 December 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 356 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11
zigraphix - 06 December 2012 12:54 PM

As for how you make a clone… I usually start by loading both figures into the scene. Then I start adjusting scale of Genesis (or Horse 2) body parts until everything gets pretty close to the scale of the model I’m trying to clone. In particular, joint boundaries should match up. If the mesh needs to be stretched or shrunk a bit other than what whole bone scaling can do, I use D-Formers (magnets). Then I save out the result as a morph, and put it into the Clones folder (see the other things in there for examples).

Love a really good tutorial for this procedure.  I want to see if it’s possible to get Apollo’s clothing over to Genesis as there are some parts that are really nice.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 06 December 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 357 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25
RAMWolff - 06 December 2012 01:08 PM
zigraphix - 06 December 2012 12:54 PM

Love a really good tutorial for this procedure.  I want to see if it’s possible to get Apollo’s clothing over to Genesis as there are some parts that are really nice.

It should be quite possible. I had completed clones for V3 and M3 just before I found out DAZ was working on their own. It didn’t take me all that long. It all depends on how close you want the fit to be. For my V3/M3, I wanted the Morphing Fantasy Masks to work, so I paid attention to facial details, but usually you don’t even need to get those too close, considering you’re going to want to use smoothing and collision to make up for various distortions in the conversion process.

I’ve considered doing clones for Luke, Laura, Matt, Maddie, and even the previous versions of the DAZ lineup, but after getting burned on V3 and M3, I just haven’t had the motivation. wink

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 December 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 358 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Well a free or paid for detailed tutorial… I’m ALL ears (nose, mouth, ect ..... raspberry )

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 December 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 359 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17
warmblood - 04 December 2012 04:39 PM
larsmidnatt - 04 December 2012 09:14 AM

i am really on the fence about the horse right now. Im not at home so I cant load the old one and remember how it looks.  hard for me to decide at the office (where I actually do most of my shopping….) for this decision I need to be at home. I downloaded the horsey UVmap tool from CauriB (thank you) but I forget how the RTE encode stuff works. Can someone remind me how that works.

This is a great resource. Thank you, CauriB! Here’s how I got it working:

1) First download and unzip Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone file. Also download RTEncoder.  Y

2) Run Rtencoder and from the File menu choose Decode. Locate the file you want to decode (in this case Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone.rte.

3) Once you’ve selected the file to decode, click Next and specify a name and location for the new zip file. I created it in the unzipped folder from above, and called it Horse2MilHorse.zip.

4) Click Next again and you need to provide a key. In this case, the readme says to use blmilhorse.obj (which should be in your Runtime\geometries\DazAnimals folder). You only need the one key.

5) Click Next. and then Finish.

6) A zipped folder should be created. Unzip it and copy the contents to your DS content folder.

7) I can’t remember if it was enough to just refresh the content folder. You may have to restart Daz Studio to get it to all work properly. But when it works, in your Daz Horse 2 folder you’ll find a folders for applying the mil horse textures, and when you load a mil horse prop/figure with Daz Horse 2 selected you’ll get the autofit dialog. Choose the Mil horse as the original figure.

thanks for the instructions, works great

Posted: 07 December 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 360 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

My first go with DAZ Horse 2: Christmas 2012

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

24 of 26