DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread
Posted: 05 December 2012 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1856
Joined  2008-02-14
Kalazar - 05 December 2012 02:51 AM

Just trying out Kingly Bardling and some poses

Great image,  love the pose and expressions as well as the rendered realism.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2011-02-16
Kalazar - 05 December 2012 04:55 AM

I’m trying to learn also. I use DSPro4.5, 1 distant light (left side) and 1 spot light (top). Both with deep shadow 20% bias. Then rendered in Reality2.5. And, for me, lighting is HARD.I render a lot of pixs adjusting the lights each time, until I get something halfway decent. Good luck.LOL

Thanks grin  Reality is the thing I am missing, it has been on my mental wishlist a long time. I’ve been trying to see where I can get DS alone and understanding lights, but I suspect I’ll sucumb to Reality soon. Now - before or after LAMH…. grin

Signature 

Meg

Interested in Male Figures, Male clothes, Male Hair, Contemporary settings and vehicles

DS4.7Pro on W7 64bit laptop and desktop

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2003-10-09

I got the products. They all look great. Thanks!

Just a bit of a question: They seem to load okay in DS, but I’m not seeing the Poser files going into Poser’s Runtime folder—they’re loading into DS, too. What am I supposed to do to instruct the files to go to Poser??

I’ve got Poser 7 & DS 4.5. Do I have to have Poser 9 for them to load properly?

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6574
Joined  2006-02-20
Ryuu@AMcCF - 05 December 2012 07:07 AM

Just a bit of a question: They seem to load okay in DS, but I’m not seeing the Poser files going into Poser’s Runtime folder—they’re loading into DS, too. What am I supposed to do to instruct the files to go to Poser??

I am afraid you need Poser9
The horse2 is weightmapped and weightmapping is supported in P9 and PP2012, but not before.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2760
Joined  2007-12-25
Ken Gilliland - 04 December 2012 10:03 PM

Pixel Downs and the starting gate are probably a week or two away—they were both submitted to DAZ yesterday and have a few hoops to jump through (or a few furlongs to run) before you’ll see them in the store. If you’d like to see more images, I’ve posted some here.

In order to create that 14 horse field, I needed 9 more jockey silks, so I ended up creating them for my render.  If you have the jockey set, I’ve provided the textures I did for the silks and posted them in my freebies. I patterned many of them after famous Kentucky Derby winners like Gallant Fox, Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed, Whirlaway, Count Fleet and War Admiral.

You are so cool. smile

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  2012-02-04

Why do none of the DAZ Horse 2 skins have bump/normal (or even displacement) maps?  (I bought the pro bundle, so have all the skins).  They all look VERY flat when rendered, especially up close.  My current render, I ran the skin through ShaderMap 2 to generate normal maps for the horse, but that still doesn’t compare to properly made maps by someone that knows what they’re doing (e.g., not me—I just mess about with the sliders in ShaderMap 2 until I have something passable).

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, noticed that too cwichura.  You might add in a noise map in the bump or displacement channel and see if that helps.  I tried just about everything and was a bit disappointed in the flat appearance in the maps.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 05 December 2012 07:24 AM
Ryuu@AMcCF - 05 December 2012 07:07 AM

I am afraid you need Poser9
The horse2 is weightmapped and weightmapping is supported in P9 and PP2012, but not before.

Oy. I was afraid of that.

I can upgrade, but it’ll take me a few months to gather the $$. I guess in the meantime, I should try to learn DS.

Thanks Kerya!

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-03-02

Has anyone tried the bend on the elbow actor?  Yeek!  I guess it’s there to make it more compatible with the MH1 poses but don’t use it!  I like the shape of the hindquarters better, but the bends I’m not so impressed with. I like that the mane and tail are conformers rather than part of the mesh.  I bought this to see if I could adapt my animations to it, and it is doable, but frankly I like the shoulder motion on the older horse better. This new version has a weird mesh bulge on shoulder bends.

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-06-22

Do these horses actually walk forward, or do they walk on the spot?

Signature 

confused

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-03-02
norrie - 05 December 2012 05:31 PM

Do these horses actually walk forward, or do they walk on the spot?

Is this addressed to me?  If so, they can do both.

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25
CauriB - 29 November 2012 04:02 PM

I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
Hope you like it.

I have a question about how you made the clone shape. I decoded it and installed it, and I’m able to fit items to Horse 2 and select Millennium Horse as the original figure, and some modifications are made so that some pieces fit better… but were you trying to match the whole body shape of the original MilHorse in the clone? Because this is what I get for fits. One image is Astral Armor items loaded into scene with no fitting, one is fitted to Horse 2 using the clone, and the last is items fitted to Horse 2 with the Llama morph. Granted, that’s an extreme morph and I’m not surprised to get some distortion, but even the fit to the plain horsie is… well… you can see.

Is your version working better? Did I go wrong somewhere in the install process? Granted this is probably better than I have any reason to expect. wink But it would be fun to have armored Llamas charging around. LOL

Image Attachments
astralArmornofit.jpgastralArmorHorse2.jpgastralArmorLlama.jpg
 Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25

Follow-up: Astral Armor doesn’t seem to fit MilHorse SR1 very well, either… maybe it’s intended for a different horse model? It’s not available in the store anymore… ah, I just found the Readme, and Astral Armor is for the Charger. Spinebender is for the MilHorse. Back to the drawing board….

I apologize for having doubted you. smile Here is the Horse 2 and Llama in Spinebender Armor. (But it might be worthwhile to make a Charger clone for Horse2.)

Image Attachments
SpinebenderHorse2.jpgSpinebenderLlama.jpg
 Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25

And, of course (just because I can):

Image Attachments
ceremonialArmorLlama.jpg
 Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 December 2012 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2006-07-28

Took a while, but I finally had time to put something together for the new horsie.  Tail and Mane were an absolute pain, and I ended up using three manes before I was satisfied ...

Well ... sorta.  Too bad the horse was rushed out without a decent tail and mane.

Edit: AND without fetlocks!

Image Attachments
Prancer.jpg
 Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

23 of 26