i am really on the fence about the horse right now. Im not at home so I cant load the old one and remember how it looks. hard for me to decide at the office (where I actually do most of my shopping….) for this decision I need to be at home. I downloaded the horsey UVmap tool from CauriB (thank you) but I forget how the RTE encode stuff works. Can someone remind me how that works.
This is a great resource. Thank you, CauriB! Here’s how I got it working:
1) First download and unzip Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone file. Also download RTEncoder. Y
2) Run Rtencoder and from the File menu choose Decode. Locate the file you want to decode (in this case Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone.rte.
3) Once you’ve selected the file to decode, click Next and specify a name and location for the new zip file. I created it in the unzipped folder from above, and called it Horse2MilHorse.zip.
4) Click Next again and you need to provide a key. In this case, the readme says to use blmilhorse.obj (which should be in your Runtime\geometries\DazAnimals folder). You only need the one key.
5) Click Next. and then Finish.
6) A zipped folder should be created. Unzip it and copy the contents to your DS content folder.
7) I can’t remember if it was enough to just refresh the content folder. You may have to restart Daz Studio to get it to all work properly. But when it works, in your Daz Horse 2 folder you’ll find a folders for applying the mil horse textures, and when you load a mil horse prop/figure with Daz Horse 2 selected you’ll get the autofit dialog. Choose the Mil horse as the original figure.