Digital Art Zone

16 of 26
DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread
Posted: 29 November 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2004-09-27

Does anyone now if I can use this horse in Poser8? I don’t think DSON (not sure if I’ve got that right)  works with Poser 8.

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15238
Joined  2003-10-09

No DSON is Poser 9+ only., so it won’t work in P8.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-11-25
BurstAngel - 29 November 2012 02:09 PM

I have a question about the western gear by Valander, does anyone know if it comes with some hand poses for the rifle and bow?

Good question. The product description doesn’t say they are included so I’m assuming there are none. =-( Hopefully if they are included, the page will be updated to say so.

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
SereneNight - 29 November 2012 03:20 PM
BurstAngel - 29 November 2012 02:09 PM

I have a question about the western gear by Valander, does anyone know if it comes with some hand poses for the rifle and bow?

Good question. The product description doesn’t say they are included so I’m assuming there are none. =-( Hopefully if they are included, the page will be updated to say so.

You are correct in assuming that there are no poses, because I have purchased weapons before that had no poses to hold them. :(

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2007-09-11

That’s too bad, I like the rifle. Maybe another time.

Posted: 29 November 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2003-12-27

I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
Hope you like it.

Signature 

My freebies: http://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne/
deviantart: http://caurib.deviantart.com/ Give me Llamas grin

Posted: 29 November 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1802
Joined  2005-06-08
CauriB - 29 November 2012 04:02 PM

I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle).  You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.  The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.

Hope you like it.

Thanks!  What version of RTEncode did you use?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 29 November 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2003-12-27

I used version 1, but version 2 should work too.

Signature 

My freebies: http://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne/
deviantart: http://caurib.deviantart.com/ Give me Llamas grin

Posted: 29 November 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-10-07

Does the DAZ Horse 2 Pro Bundle include zebra morphs and textures?

Also, I hope someone will release a realistic unicorn for the horse.

Posted: 29 November 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-11-25
Carioca-BR - 29 November 2012 05:08 PM

Does the DAZ Horse 2 Pro Bundle include zebra morphs and textures?

Also, I hope someone will release a realistic unicorn for the horse.

I have heard wings and horn are in the works. I’m sure they’d be somewhat easy- at least the horn- to do. =-)

Posted: 29 November 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2003-12-02

Is it just me or was there a toon animal morph that made the horse into a hippo yesterday?  I know I saw it, it was there now it’s gone.
Too soon to release the product or limited time sale? What?

Signature 

Resistance to the Girl is Futile…

Posted: 29 November 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27
BorgBoy7 - 29 November 2012 06:49 PM

Is it just me or was there a toon animal morph that made the horse into a hippo yesterday?  I know I saw it, it was there now it’s gone.

It was released too early (read that in another thread). I saw it in the store too last night.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 29 November 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2003-12-02
TheWheelMan - 29 November 2012 07:30 PM
BorgBoy7 - 29 November 2012 06:49 PM

It was released too early (read that in another thread). I saw it in the store too last night.

Good to hear, thought I was going nuts there for a moment.
In the recent past a few people have released products and then they and their owners hopped ship overnight.
Glad this was not the case.

Thanks!

Signature 

Resistance to the Girl is Futile…

Posted: 29 November 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09
DavidGB - 27 November 2012 11:35 AM

Well, looks good, and I’d like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I’d need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. downer

I’d want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding.

I’d like that too. It’s the high cantle saddle that is needed. I’d try but I don’t know enough about horse tack.

Saddles were improved upon during the Middle Ages, as knights needed saddles that were stronger and offered more support. The resulting saddle had a higher cantle and pommel (to prevent the rider from being unseated in warfare) and was built on a wooden tree that supported more weight from a rider with armor and weapons.

Wikipedia on saddle history though still a bit war focussed.

Most people were not knights and didn’t wear armour but still seem to have used the high cantle.  Maybe it made them feel safe as riding was ordinary transport for many people. There is a saddle for the old Daz charger that could do if it could be re-fitted. It’s not the one from here - maybe Poser World?

Image Attachments
chargersaddle.jpg
 Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 29 November 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7169
Joined  2009-07-13

Llama decimated from over 700 000 polys to under 30 000 for iClone, retargeted in pipeline, animated using robocat walk imotion

Image Attachments
llama.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

16 of 26