DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread
Posted: 28 November 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1307
Joined  2004-02-13
3djoji - 28 November 2012 10:14 AM

Just in case, I’m working on that one…

YAY! smile Looks wonderful too. Love the buggy/carriage as well. Really lovely. Can’t wait for this one to release smile

Spencer: Thanks for the added info! I wasn’t sure where that came from but glad to know there are options out there smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4542
Joined  2004-08-11

I was wondering what Arien was working on… one of her products she hinted at has hit… and I do mean hinted at, there was ZERO information on it.  Looks like that new video card of her’s is allowing her to run DS just fine… FINALLY! 

Just hope that DAZ extends the sale.  Looking at finances I’m probably not going to be able to get much until Dec sometime…. Needed to much for the house and supplements for my health this month… ate up allot of money!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1307
Joined  2004-02-13

Question on those wanting the kinda medieval tack thing would this work: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/saddle-addon

At least one of the textures there would seem like it would work and I wonder if you could turn off some of the additional bits you don’t need to make it fit the period nicely? IDK I cant picture exactly what everyone is wanting per say so I could be wrong but saw the third or fourth promo and thought it kinda seemed plausible in that sort of scenario.

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

RAMWolff - 28 November 2012 03:25 PM

Just hope that DAZ extends the sale.  Looking at finances I’m probably not going to be able to get much until Dec sometime…. Needed to much for the house and supplements for my health this month… ate up allot of money!

I’m in a similar boat; kids Christmas gifts come first.  My pretty much constant thought when I look at the front page is, ‘It’s okay.  It’ll be on a similar sale in 3-4 months…I don’t need the horse yet.  Besides, by then someone will have released the pegasus and unicorn add-ons…’  I doubt they’ll extend the sale, but March isn’t that far away…  wink

That said, I have a November PC coupon which is burning a hole in my pocket as we come up on the end of the month…

Still, I should note, I’m VERY impressed by Horse 2, and even more so by the commitment DAZ and the PA’s have shown to it, with the simultaneous large-scale launch of so much content.  Everybody’s done an amazing job.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2003-10-09

Seam guides for the Horse 2 body, head, and eyes complete. Download them here:

http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/horse2_seams.zip

I hope they can help! Remember to convert to true color (24-bit) before you begin painting, they are saved as GIFs (as are all of my guides) to save room and avoid artifacts.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2011-02-16

I’ve discovered some weird Saddle behaviour in this pose (first one I tried) - most noticeable on the Western saddle, but present on the English Saddle too. I had just done a scene last week with the MillHorse and I was going to do the second one I hadn’t got around to, drinking water, with Horse2 and got this… the saddle stretches with the neck.

Image Attachments
west_saddle.png
 Signature 

Meg

Interested in Male Figures, Male clothes, Male Hair, Contemporary settings and vehicles

DS4.6Pro on W7 64bit laptop

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14245
Joined  2003-10-09

I haven’t installed the horse yet, so I can’t test this, but try selecting the neck of the saddle and bending it back up - I think that will help, depending on what other bones are attached.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2003-10-09

3Ddreamer… Using the saddle’s Neck1 Bend dial will help some.

I have additional 9 Blinker materials (some with new designs) and Saddle Cloths for horses No. 10 through 14 available on my website for Racehorse Tack.

I’ll also putting the finishing touches on the “Pixel Downs Racetrack” and will hopefully have that ready soon.

Signature 

Songbird ReMix.comSongbird ReMix Merchandise | SBRM Facebook

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

I want the Saddle Addon, but I’m not all that interested in the two Genesis clothing (Jockey Set / Riding Habit) products.  Neither of which really go with the Saddle Addon.  (and ... Genesis clothing still isn’t working consistently in Poser.  Some clothing works ok, but others really don’t.)

I suppose it wouldn’t look terribly out of character to have a jockey riding a horse across the desert with a saddle roll and packs ... 

/cough

After shelling out $60, do I really want to spend another $11 just to get a $6 product free?  Hmm ...

I think I’ll go fix dinner.  Maybe by the time I get back to the computer, the promotion will be over.  Then I won’t have to debate the decision any longer.

DAZ_ann0314 - 28 November 2012 03:34 PM

Question on those wanting the kinda medieval tack thing would this work: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/saddle-addon

At least one of the textures there would seem like it would work and I wonder if you could turn off some of the additional bits you don’t need to make it fit the period nicely? IDK I cant picture exactly what everyone is wanting per say so I could be wrong but saw the third or fourth promo and thought it kinda seemed plausible in that sort of scenario.

DAZ_ann0314 - 28 November 2012 03:34 PM

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 28 November 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2005-09-12

I really hate to bring this up, but there’s a major design flaw in the Wagon Trail 1 wagon - with the front wheels the size they are, there’s no way the wagon can turn.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  683
Joined  2008-10-19

Maybe in a really big slow circle??

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06
Ladyfyre-Graphics - 28 November 2012 07:25 AM
Kerya - 28 November 2012 06:47 AM
JOdel - 28 November 2012 03:42 AM

The Pro Bundle includes the Starter Bundle. So the Starter bundle has the saddles, and the Pro Bundle adds the extra textures.

Thank you!
I did feel like I am missing something.
My brain is too foggy ... *cough, wheeze*

Anything on the textures?
Will MilHorse textures work on this horsey?
Or is there a “morphs and textures package” that just has the morphs and textures in the starter and pro bundle?
(no money ... is not fun)

You have my sympathy, I’m full of cold too at the moment :(

The UVs have been updated so the MilHorse textures won’t work on this horse, whilst I can see the value in the new uv maps I’m a bit cheesed off that that MilHorse UVs wern’t included as V4 ones are for Genesis, I have hundreds of my own textures for the MilHorse, one of which I was working on the day before this release. I’d pay for accurate MilHorse UVs for this horse to be able to use my own work..

...Legacy Body Shapes: Mil Horse for Horse2 & GenX?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Cypherfox - 28 November 2012 12:29 PM

Greetings,
O_o?!  How is it that with the ASTONISHING flood of H2 products, there’s no geografted unicorn horn…?

I am now also deeply hoping that sometime later next year will come ‘dog 2’, with wolf and fox morphs & mats.  The one fox I have (by 9mbi) has no poses, which makes it difficult to use outside of ‘standing there’ pose…

I also wonder if we’ll see ‘Genesis Rodent’ and ‘Genesis Cat’, so we can make a cabbit by blending the two.  wink

— Morgan

..or a CatDog with Cat2 & Dog2.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
SereneNight - 28 November 2012 01:59 PM

Oh, say it isn’t so.=-)  Would love Genesis cat and dog, especially if they make a small dog. I so want a chihuahua!

...so do I wink

..geografting with Genesis would be so much fun…

Image Attachments
MarsAttacksSJP.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2003-10-09

Here’s just a few of CWRW’s great horse textures (found in the Pro Pack), plus Sicklemar and Marieah’s Jockey Silks, and of course, some of my horseracing items.  I did manage to squeeze some birds into the image, too (imagine that).

Image Attachments
tothegate.JPG
 Signature 

Songbird ReMix.comSongbird ReMix Merchandise | SBRM Facebook

13 of 26