Digital Art Zone

9 of 26
DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread
Posted: 27 November 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2004-09-27

When does the sale end for the pro bundle? Don’t have the $ at the moment, but would like to grab it before the sale ends.

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1627
Joined  2009-08-08
DavidGB - 27 November 2012 11:35 AM

Well, looks good, and I’d like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I’d need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. downer

I’d want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding. But for MH2 the selection appears to be the same as for the original MH: Western and modern English tack, both anachronistic for my needs; and historical/fantasy barding for battle, joust or pageant display, not simple travelling tack. Nobody seems to have made a set of fantasy/historical non-barding tack suitable for just journeying down the road since the set for the DAZ Charger.

So, question:

Are any out of the Ceremonial Armor, Knightly Barding or Dark Barding made in such a way that one can extract - or turn bits off so one only sees - a basic, no armour set of tack appropriate for a medieval/fantasy milieu: bridle and reins, saddle pad/blanket, girth, stirrups and simple saddle only?

I mean ... even for those with a medieval knight jousting and trotting off questing with their destrier in full barding (which one wouldn’t have just for travelling, but never mind), where’s the tack for the lady’s palfrey, the merchant’s rouncey or the bandit’s hobby? Or even for the knight or lord’s courser when they are just out hunting? And my fantasy series is set somewhere that is not medieval England, is not that much like medieval England, does not have knights per se, and while barding does exist amongst certain groups for certain purposes, it is rare and never features in the stories.

So please: could somebody make some basic tack suitable for pre-nineteenth century non-warhorses (and even warhorses while travelling and not actually in or just about to go into battle)?

I suppose I might be able to extract the tack from Predatron’s Lorez Horse or donkey and refit them .... sigh.

Daio’s Native Costume sets might be of some use. They aren’t medieval, but they aren’t the modern stuff either. Should be at Rendo unless they’ve gone the way of clearance/disappearance.

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1330
Joined  2004-02-13
Zelroth - 27 November 2012 03:14 PM

I have a question - I was looking at the Wagon Trails - They look nice, but I am not seeing anything about any harness in either one.  Does anyone know if a harness is included with either one or where one might be that could work?  As usual I have an idea and am trying to get the kinks worked out before spending the bit of money I have.

Zelroth: Neither of the Wagon Trails sets has a harness, They were more meant for scene filler (props to a degree) I had thought there would be a harness included that worked with anything and so we did rig it to function but did not do the harness as we develop in Poser and I still can’t quite wrap my head around rigging stuff up in DS and had thought someone better experienced would be releasing one.  I am not sure if there is a separate harness in the bundle though or not as I haven’t gotten the full Pro Bundle etc yet so on that part you would need to wait for an answer from Kevin as to if it has one or one is coming (or someone who has gotten it? I did see Spencer’s wagon shows a Harness and I don’t see that it is included which makes me think there is one around somewhere?)  . I could answer on the Wagon Trails sets though so thought I would at least answer that part of the question. So sorry we didn’t include a harness, I just didn’t want to do something I was fairly certain we could not do well due to lack of experience. :(

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2006-09-05

Why don’t I see the pictures in this thread? I updated Kaspersky to 2013 and now do see pictures in other threads, but not in this one. Daz/Studio is in the trusted settings of Kaspersky.

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
frodi - 27 November 2012 08:06 PM

Why don’t I see the pictures in this thread? I updated Kaspersky to 2013 and now do see pictures in other threads, but not in this one. Daz/Studio is in the trusted settings of Kaspersky.

If you looked at this thread before the update it could be the thread is partially cached? Have you tried doing a hard refresh? Ctrl +F5 I believe in Fire Fox. Not sure what it is in IE etc. Could be that. If not, I’m not sure, I can see them all ok.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-05

I did the refresh, F5 in IE, and it worked instantly. Thank you!

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  742
Joined  2008-10-19

So can some one explain how I missed seeing this thread until today???

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-05

A senior moment?

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  741
Joined  2003-10-09

For anyone interested, I’m working on seam guides for the horse now. Should be done in a few days at the most.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2005-10-16
carrie58 - 27 November 2012 08:26 PM

Using the forum search function? heh.

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09
carrie58 - 27 November 2012 08:26 PM

The thread took a little trip before it arrived in the commons…membership has its priveleges wink

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
frodi - 27 November 2012 08:17 PM

I did the refresh, F5 in IE, and it worked instantly. Thank you!

You’re more then welcome smile So glad it sorted it out for you! smile

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2011-03-18

Thank you Daz and Daz PA’s so much for this! Downloading lots of horse goodness now - excited to try this all out - hoping the missing pieces from the original posts will soon fall into place and be available for purchase!

Especially looking forward to clothing for Genesis riders - wondering if there is any genesis western wear for cowboys and/or cowgirls coming our way? 

Would also like to join in on the request for medieval ordinary horse tack, and the hope that there might be fibre hair mane and tail for this beautiful model in the future. 

Thanks again to all of you who have worked so hard to bring all this to us! grin  -Cathy

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2011-03-18

SnowSultan - I am interested, am sure many others are as well, thanks so much for doing this!  -Cathy

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  742
Joined  2008-10-19

Ummm frodi you may have hit it on the nose ........
I am a PC member and somehow I never saw it there either .......I think it’s time to get my prescription for my glasses checked, that’s fersure.
There’s a search function??? ummm
Well I gotta go play with my new horse ...

Oh and I’ll be interested in those seam guides SnowSultan ,yes I will.

9 of 26