Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Dynamic Clothing Control & non-Daz garments
Posted: 15 November 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes bigh I saw that and I really think that hakatre should really look into it. The first time I saw that post I was this close ” to buying MD2 myself. I was just pointing out that what they are doing NOW only does what I posted.

EDIT: hakatre once you make your Item a conforming item (rigged) you will be able to Animate with it in DS. But as I said it will only act like the other standard DS clothing items. You will not have the Dynamic flow and drapes unless you add that as morphs to the conforming item.

PS. For what you wish to do the LINK bigh pointed to will do what you wish to do.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 November 2012 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-10-02
bigh - 15 November 2012 01:56 PM

did you two even look at the video link I posted ?
I do believe it shows animation in DS with MD2 cloth .

bigh, Jaderail, I also saw this video before right after I installed MD2 and it’s a good one. I’ve got no issues with creating and rigging the clothes I’ve made and applying them to Genesis and V4. I’m just fascinated by all of the cloth editing and draping options of Dynamic Clothing Control in Daz with regard to animation, that I wanted to see if my own custom clothes were eligible for the same treatment.

Well, many of my woes have just been lifted as I just purchased Poser 9. Oh, it just gets better from here on. smile  Between Daz 4.5 and PS9, the possibilities are endless. I’ll be doing a lot more research on DCC and should be ok now. Looking forward to getting to work on this stuff.

Posted: 16 November 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2003-10-09

If you are into designing your clothing for dynamics for DAZ Studio you can alway contact Martin from OptiTex (he’s in the forums here and goes by Martin for OptiTex) and get with him to see about re-creating your clothing with the OptiTex system so it will work in DS and with the DCC. He’s a great guy and you can always work out a percentage if you want to sell the clothing in the store!
Elli

Posted: 16 November 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-10-02

Thank you, Elli. That’s great news. I will certainly try to make contact with Martin.

2 of 2