Digital Art Zone

67 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 03 September 2012 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 991 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2003-10-09

i just went to check my platinum club status…
It warned me not to go any further…so I abandoned looking only to find out that HAL9000 had cancelled by status!

Now I either pay $29 if I need to get it back in a hurry or go shop elsewhere…
Unfortunately the new website does not have a few bugs..its an epidemic, and in my opinion something of a mistake as it is one error after another I keep on having to get fixed with the accounts department.
As Daz is no doubt in competition with other stores I can seriously see their business affected when the website is so volatile that it makes it difficult to do things.

Posted: 04 September 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 992 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08
Scoopey - 03 September 2012 11:48 PM

It warned me not to go any further…so I abandoned looking only to find out that HAL9000 had cancelled by status!

Unfortunately the new website does not have a few bugs..its an epidemic, and in my opinion something of a mistake as it is one error after another I keep on having to get fixed with the accounts department.
As Daz is no doubt in competition with other stores I can seriously see their business affected when the website is so volatile that it makes it difficult to do things.

You can always contact Sales support for help with issues like this.

Posted: 04 September 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 993 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-01-08

I have searched the forums and can’t find an answer to this issue…..........  I was under the understanding that zip files would be made available for the PC and that all the older installers were be converted to zip.    Is this not going to happen?  I just wiped my drive and up graded to 4.5, now I have gigs of content to reinstall and the installers take to long.  Sorry if this has already been addressed I have had little time this summer to keep up with the forums….........

Second question…........Why am I not receiving the PC monthly coupons in my e-mail any longer?

Posted: 04 September 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 994 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7563
Joined  2006-03-19

Yes it’s going to happen. We just just don’t have a time frame when it will.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 04 September 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 995 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1672
Joined  2008-05-31
KrazyHorse2 - 04 September 2012 12:33 PM

I have searched the forums and can’t find an answer to this issue…..........  I was under the understanding that zip files would be made available for the PC and that all the older installers were be converted to zip.    Is this not going to happen?  I just wiped my drive and up graded to 4.5, now I have gigs of content to reinstall and the installers take to long.  Sorry if this has already been addressed I have had little time this summer to keep up with the forums….........

They are already working on converting the installers to zip, though they are still releasing new stuff using the .exe installers. Guess there is a technical explanation for this.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 04 September 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 996 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8431
Joined  2007-11-06

Second question…........Why am I not receiving the PC monthly coupons in my e-mail any longer?

It’s still planned, but (except for older content which won’t install on new Macs), it’s waiting for the Install Manager, which is waiting on website features, which are waiting on bug squashing.

I got the weekly PC newsletter about an hour ago with the code.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 04 September 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 997 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-01-08
Frank0314 - 04 September 2012 12:36 PM

Yes it’s going to happen. We just just don’t have a time frame when it will.

Thanks for the quick reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted: 04 September 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 998 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-01-08
fixmypcmike - 04 September 2012 12:39 PM

It’s still planned, but (except for older content which won’t install on new Macs), it’s waiting for the Install Manager, which is waiting on website features, which are waiting on bug squashing.

Thanks     I just got the news letter myself.  Is there a link to this install manager explaining what it is all about?  I only install what is necessary to the studio directory all other content goes to other organized folders.  It makes accessing the content a little slower but I can go right to it. If the install manager is going to put every thing in to the studio folder then it useless to me.

Posted: 04 September 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 999 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8431
Joined  2007-11-06

From what I’ve been told, it allows for multiple content folders.  It’s optional, if you just want to install the zips manually.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 04 September 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1000 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-01-08
fixmypcmike - 04 September 2012 01:00 PM

From what I’ve been told, it allows for multiple content folders.  It’s optional, if you just want to install the zips manually.

That’s good to hear…  Thank you.

Posted: 04 September 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1001 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2005-06-08
Kerya - 31 August 2012 12:56 AM
DAZ_bfurner - 30 August 2012 01:53 PM
KickAir 8P - 30 August 2012 01:46 PM
chohole - 30 August 2012 01:38 PM

Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.

Do we have an ETR?!?  Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending.  With the PA sale going on this is an issue — it’s not like I can wait to put a week’s worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day.  mad

We don’t know how long it will take to pass QA. When it’s solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don’t have an ETA.

Well ... this will save me money. NO PA sale for me.
*shrugs*

Now I’ve only got a couple bucks of store credit left.  Is there an ETR yet?  Can I open a support ticket so they can charge my credit card for store credit manually?  Or do I have to take ::dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!:: drastic steps?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 04 September 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1002 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5278
Joined  2005-04-16
fixmypcmike - 04 September 2012 12:39 PM

The theme here is waiting.  We’ve been waiting for 16 weeks as of tomorrow!  For software that was raved about, solid, stable.  Can someone please make an official retraction of that statement?  Just admit that it is not the stable solution you thought it was.  16 weeks of custom coding to fix things that never should have been an issue in the first place.  Custom coding is what you claimed (not you Mike, the proverbial you…since you represent DAZ3D in here) you didn’t want to do anymore, because it created all that instability.  After 16 weeks, I’d think that there’s a goodly amount of the stuff now, and it’s still not stable and not where you want it to be, nor where we expected it to be by this point in time.  More than a whole quarter year has passed.

The store still doesn’t remember that I want to see 60 items per page (it did at one point, but now never does).

There is still a sorting issue with the marketplace pages.  If I look at a page of 15 items, ordered by date - descending, some things are newer in that view than when I refresh it at 60 items.

New bugs, some quite severe, keep showing up.  In some ways it has gone backwards rather than forwards in regards to working properly.

How long must we wait?  Patience is a virtue that I’m afraid is not any more common than sense.  Customers are dropping off like flies in a deep freeze.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 04 September 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1003 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2007-12-07

If anyone at DAZ is interested, just down the road from me is a company that, amongst other things, supports Magento.  Just drop me a PM and I will supply contact details.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1004 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2003-10-09

Still “waiting” for my platinum club membership “problem” to be resolved….
Guess I’ll do my shopping at Renderosity which at least seems “stable”...
And thanks for the comment before, I wonder why I had not seen any platinum club vouchers….hope they back date all the missing ones!
There again HAL9000 running the site might wipe ‘em out before we can spend them!

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1005 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  546
Joined  2006-05-04
DAZ_bfurner - 04 September 2012 09:32 AM
Scoopey - 03 September 2012 11:48 PM

You can always contact Sales support for help with issues like this.

Yes, but it shouldn’t be necessary.  The changes have turned much of what was pleasurable about shopping here and being a PC member into a burden.  I understand the need for patience, I hope the Powers that Be understand the need for speed and functionality.

67 of 91