Digital Art Zone

62 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 18 August 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 916 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16
fixmypcmike - 18 August 2012 08:38 AM

If you’re on Windows, I highly recommend Taozen’s History Manager http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/
Let’s you download your history to a database, you can search and reset right from the program.

Don’t forget to add you can do multiple resets at the exact same time smile

Posted: 18 August 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 917 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2003-12-06
Kyoto Kid - 17 August 2012 10:35 PM

...OK this is getting ridiculous.  The Login Screen issue definitely needs to be fixed.

Oy. I didn’t get anything quite that bad last night, but it was a bit different — I just plain kept getting logged out. Had to log back in, I think it must have been over a couple dozen times over the course of the session. Normally it’s no more than once or twice per evening. I think the shortest time-logged-on was less than half an hour, where normally it’s between two and six hours.

I don’t want to agree with you on dumping Magento, because I know it’ll cause even more chaos than we’re getting now, but I must. The store software isn’t getting consistently better, it’s getting randomly worse. Has anyone at DAZ remembered to feed the Magento techs who I presume are locked into the computer room…?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 918 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6139
Joined  2005-04-16
Butterfly Fish - 17 August 2012 04:38 PM

Does anybody know if there is a way to search my “itemized order history” so I can figure out whether or not I purchased a specific product? I need to reset something I’m pretty sure I bought (or purchase it if I didn’t). But I’m giving myself a pounding headache trying to look for it.

Pay no attention to the dancing furball!  If you try taosoft.de/ there is a history helper application that taosoft made that will help you.  It’s free and works well.  It will download your history and you can search it.  It works really well and pretty fast.  However, remember that even your history won’t warn you about things that were part of a bundle.  For that, you’d have to try to find the Fun with Bundles thread and check in there against your history.

I am not at home, so I can’t give the exact link to the history app.  Maybe someone else here can post it.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 919 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9617
Joined  2007-11-06

taosoft.dk/software/dazhm

Fun With Bundles is http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html
(save a local copy so his bandwidth isn’t stressed)

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 920 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
VoltisArt - 17 August 2012 05:29 PM

Dana…the DAZ server was trying to do you a favor.  You know you’re not gonna buy that $30 ten-speed bike made for Mike 2, anyway.  wink  (I still have that kind of stuff on my list too.)  I know it’s heartbreaking, like that essay that never got saved before the program crashed…but in most of those instances, I’ve found the second draft usually becomes a better product…both curse and blessing.
_ _ _

No, I don’t have any Mike 2 things in my wishlist.  Or M3 things.  M4 only, and still enough of those.  Well, that’s not all that’s in there, just all for any version of Mike…well, for now.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 921 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

I see someone has beaten me to post about the app by taosoft.  And thanks for the Fun with Bundles link, FixMyPCMike!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 922 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m way behind in whats going on with the Forum updates. I know about Avatars and Sig-line Images but what else have I missed?

Will we get a Forum Read button? One in each Forum instead of one that sets the whole site to it’s read? I think that would be very helpful.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 923 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  0

The Smileys are down.

The server that holds the forum’s smileys (http://daz.emailstar.com/images/smileys/) seems to be down.

Why on earth are the smileys hosted on a separate server in the first place??

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 924 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2003-10-09

Smileys are working for me.cheese

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 925 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Coldrake - 20 August 2012 10:16 PM

Smileys are working for me.cheese

Coldrake

Well, yeah…I would hope that they could take care of an issue like that in about two hours!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 926 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
de3an - 20 August 2012 08:08 PM

The Smileys are down.

The server that holds the forum’s smileys (http://daz.emailstar.com/images/smileys/) seems to be down.

Why on earth are the smileys hosted on a separate server in the first place??

That’s a good question.  Not only a different server, a different domain.  Should they decide on making the site completely secure, that would not fly.  (talking about using SSL for the whole site, so no man in the middle attacks or interceptions can happen)  Different domain, not on the SSL certificate and browsers would report that “some items are not secure…view non-secure items?”  and if you click yes, you are no longer on a secure page at all!  But I guess they are not even considering that approach, so it wouldn’t matter.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 927 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2005-08-23

Daz is obviously trying to commit suicide. The latest website “upgrade” is a disaster which show that you don’t let your kids design your business website. Downloads take forever if they complete at all. PC club get auto renewed or not. Voucher? Coupon? Where?
Daz wants to focus on their Genesis line at the expense of poser. So be it. It’s their business.  I now only get a few items a month when I used to buy tons more. Oh well. I don’t see any reason to stay a Platinum member when it’s now more work than it’s worth and the models are nothing to write home about.
I liked Daz because it was easy to shop with lots of variety. But it is no longer any of those things.  I think it’s time to say goodbye and start to patronize some of the other 3d sites that still cater to their customers.

I’m looking at my profile pic. It says I’m a new member with 9 posts. I’ve been a member here since ‘05, LOL. This kind of little annoying crap is just pitiful. Am I wrong to expect better?

Posted: 21 August 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 928 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2043
Joined  2011-07-31
skuts - 21 August 2012 11:54 AM

Daz is obviously trying to commit suicide. The latest website “upgrade” is a disaster which show that you don’t let your kids design your business website. Downloads take forever if they complete at all. PC club get auto renewed or not. Voucher? Coupon? Where?
Daz wants to focus on their Genesis line at the expense of poser. So be it. It’s their business.  I now only get a few items a month when I used to buy tons more. Oh well. I don’t see any reason to stay a Platinum member when it’s now more work than it’s worth and the models are nothing to write home about.
I liked Daz because it was easy to shop with lots of variety. But it is no longer any of those things.  I think it’s time to say goodbye and start to patronize some of the other 3d sites that still cater to their customers.

I’m looking at my profile pic. It says I’m a new member with 9 posts. I’ve been a member here since ‘05, LOL. This kind of little annoying crap is just pitiful. Am I wrong to expect better?

“New member with 9 posts” because you have posted only 9 times since the new forums went live.  Right under that it gives the date you joined.  So, you’ve been a member a long time, but don’t post very often.

Are you just now getting around to checking out the new site and forums?  If downloads are taking forever, check with your ISP.  My DAZ downloads are really fast and so are resets.  There has been a lot of discussion about the coupons replacing vouchers in both The Commons and in the Members Only forums.  There is a posting each month that tells you what the new code is for your coupon.  I don’t use Poser because the models don’t come anywhere close to the Genesis models, in my opinion.  That’s why I don’t buy in other stores and I haven’t noticed any of them offering the bargains that I’m getting here.

It really boils down to personal preferences.  If you prefer Poser, use it and don’t look back.  If you don’t get any benefit from PC, then drop it and count the money you save.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 22 August 2012 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 929 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2005-08-23

I visit the site every day, hoping things will get better. It’s like watching someone slip into a coma.

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 930 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-01-03

I don’t know if this has been addressed anywhere.  I just wanted to reset the ‘60’s dinette set that I bought when it was on sale because I forgot to download it .  Since I purchased it recently I thought this would be a piece of cake. But the orders page lists each INDIVIDUAL item yet only allows a maximum of 50 items per page. As far as I can tell you have to guess where it might be.

Is there anyway to sort items in the Orders/Reset page to get to if faster???  If I can’t sort on a particular item, can I at least sort by date or by order number???

I saw the ‘Tao Soft’ comment, but I’m really looking for the Reset button; that’s the only reason I’m searching for the item. How would that work if you guys/gals think that’s what’s necessary?

62 of 91