Digital Art Zone

60 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 12 August 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 886 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12

I believe the issue is wanting to click on (for example) Forum Home, moving the cursor one line too far (easy enough to do , especially with some trackpads), and getting the Shop menu covering the intended link.  Either separating the lines further or having a brief delay before the menu opens should solve the problem.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 887 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4547
Joined  2004-08-11

Say I’m on this page and I happen to barely run the cursor over The Commons link but a little upwards then the Products drop down activates!  That’s what I’m getting at least.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 13 August 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 888 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21

If you use the Community tab and hover over that, then Forums instead, it gives you all the forum options.  That’s the way I do it. smile

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 13 August 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 889 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11246
Joined  2007-11-06

...most likely it has to do with the fact I am on a notebook with a small display and using the touch pad which is not extremely accurate. One slight twitch (common with my arthritis) can force the cursor to momentarily “overshoot” which is probably what is causing this. 

When I’m at home I need to use my USB modem to get online which, because of its width, does not allow for another device (such as a mouse or my trackball) to be plugged into the port next to it, so I am stuck with having to use the touchpad.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 13 August 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 890 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

Kyoto Kid: You should look into one of those little USB Hub things…. I forget the exact name. It plugs into an empty USB slot and has a little hub with extra usb slots. I bought one about a year ago at a Target store (they had them with the computer and laptop stuff) for about $12 and it had 4 ports. There was another for $15-20 with more ports (8, I think). They are cheap, handy and would be worth looking into smile

Posted: 13 August 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 891 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11246
Joined  2007-11-06

...as long as the ports are far enough apart to accommodate both the modem and my trackball that would work.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 892 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5704
Joined  2005-04-16
Kyoto Kid - 13 August 2012 09:29 PM

...most likely it has to do with the fact I am on a notebook with a small display and using the touch pad which is not extremely accurate. One slight twitch (common with my arthritis) can force the cursor to momentarily “overshoot” which is probably what is causing this. 

When I’m at home I need to use my USB modem to get online which, because of its width, does not allow for another device (such as a mouse or my trackball) to be plugged into the port next to it, so I am stuck with having to use the touchpad.

Why not get a powered USB hub?  You can get one pretty cheap these days.  I got one for under $10 at buy.com a couple years ago and it works great.  I use my Logitech MX Revolution mouse with it (wireless USB receiver, best wireless desktop tool I’ve ever had).  Being powered, the hub won’t drain energy from your laptop.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 893 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

I see I wasn’t the first to suggest this.  red face

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 894 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

Hehe, except you idea was better. The one I have doesn’t have an AC plug and draws power from the computer itself.

The USB modem….  is it a dialup one or one that runs off the cell signals? We tried one of those here once when I friend let us see if it would work where I live but it was a Virgin and we don’t get a signal for them anywhere until your already in town :(  I forget how big the modem was, but the 4-port one should work but there is always the larger ones. I think the 8-port one had 2 rows which would make spacing easier perhaps too smile  The stores around here carry them in the electronics sections sort of where you find the laptop stuff and various extra usb cables to buy.  You should be able to see if they’ll work just by looking at them and they are fairly cheap and very handy. Too many things run off USB now days LoL

Posted: 14 August 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 895 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8770
Joined  2007-11-06

There’s also a “squid” USB hub with the ports on short cables for exactly that problem.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 14 August 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 896 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1340
Joined  2010-03-01

So are there any others that can’t get Plantinum Club to work? No access to Members Only and no PC items? Anybody know what the deal is?

Posted: 14 August 2012 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 897 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dollygirl - 14 August 2012 07:53 PM

So are there any others that can’t get Plantinum Club to work? No access to Members Only and no PC items? Anybody know what the deal is?

Log out.  If you have forums open in a separate tab from your account or store, log out on both pages before refreshing either.  Then log in to your account.  Let us know if that helps.  I know that every time I click a link from a newsletter to the store, I’m not logged in.  It’s really annoying.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 898 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8770
Joined  2007-11-06

Your profile isn’t showing you as being a PC member—you’ll need to open a support ticket to get it fixed

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 August 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 899 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1340
Joined  2010-03-01
fixmypcmike - 14 August 2012 11:34 PM

Your profile isn’t showing you as being a PC member—you’ll need to open a support ticket to get it fixed

Thanks Dana and Mike for the advice. Before posting in here I had issued a support ticket. I am being taken care of as we speak. I was just hoping that it was a gobal thing which it seems it is not. I would really like to know why this happened so as to avoid such behavior in the future. It is rather scarry not being allowed to see the PC stuff.  ohh

Posted: 15 August 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 900 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a note that I got a new bug. The shop deleted my entire wishlist by replacing it with one single new added item. I am UPSET now…

So just a quick note here, I don’t want to double-post. A slightly longer and even more angry description could be found here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5495/P165/#73263

Will be a busy evening now.

60 of 91