57 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 08 August 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 841 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  0
chohole - 08 August 2012 04:35 PM

Yes they are aware of it.

Chohole, you should quote the person you are answering.
I have no idea what this is in response to.

I wish it was referring to my comment about the forum archive site, but I doubt it.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 842 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10557
Joined  2007-11-06
chohole - 08 August 2012 04:33 AM

Did you make sure that you were totally logged out of your account and the store before trying to log back into the forum, and then did you get the forum login screen when you tried logging in to the forums ? or was it the account login screen ?

...yes and even closed that tab, yet it still kept routing me to the account page instead of the forums login.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 08 August 2012 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 843 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

Seconding KyotoKid’s point. There’s only one login screen available. It’s the same page every time, whether I get to it from the forums or anywhere else on the site. Could you post a link to this mysterious forum-only login page, Cho?

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 844 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15150
Joined  2003-10-09

uh uh.  I am not going to logout, just to try finding it again, 

Thinking about it I found this screen purely by accident.

Would actually like some confirmation that others can get there as well.

This was how it went. I had been logged out of the forums, while checking ebots. Clicked on the link in an ebot and found that out. Instead of logginig in straight away I closed that tab and clicked on another ebot. Continued in this manner until suddenly instead of going straight to the forums I had this mysterious login screen pop up. My assumption was that at this stage I had been logged out of my account and the store as well. So I logged in on this different screen, but using the email address and password I would normally use to login to the store, and it worked.

One other person has tried it by logging out of their account, and usinng the ebot clickable links to threads.

So it would appear that this screen is only reached by using links from ebots.  If we can get more confirmation of that, then we can feed this information through.  So if anyone else would like to try it that way ?????  Please

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 845 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28

Give me a couple of minutes.

chohole - 09 August 2012 04:04 AM

This was how it went. I had been logged out of the forums, while checking ebots. Clicked on the link in an ebot and found that out. Instead of logginig in straight away I closed that tab and clicked on another ebot. Continued in this manner until suddenly instead of going straight to the forums I had this mysterious login screen pop up. My assumption was that at this stage I had been logged out of my account and the store as well. So I logged in on this different screen, but using the email address and password I would normally use to login to the store, and it worked.

One other person has tried it by logging out of their account, and usinng the ebot clickable links to threads.

So it would appear that this screen is only reached by using links from ebots.  If we can get more confirmation of that, then we can feed this information through.  So if anyone else would like to try it that way ?????  Please

Posted: 09 August 2012 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 846 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28

Test one: Cleared Cache, Logged out, Ebot to this thread used

This is not confirmed.

E-bots act as though you are logged in. Even though I hit log-out a couple of times and cleared my cache.

Test Two: Cleared Cache & Cookies, Logged Out. Ebot to this thread used

No individual log in was provided, not place to hit reply to trigger it as well.

Myth Busted.

The person that said as much needs to post their method so it can be replicated. Not have us play guinea pigs, because if we don’t know how they did it, it is not worth repeating. It’s called Standard Technical Support. How do you fix something if you don’t know how and where it occurred to start with.

Posted: 09 August 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 847 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I did have to try several ebots before it happened. So far one other person that I know has managed to duplicate this. You do have to be completely logged out, that is on your account and the store as well as the forum.  It’s not a myth, this is a serious attempt to work out what is happening, and why.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge

Posted: 09 August 2012 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 848 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
de3an - 08 August 2012 07:46 PM
chohole - 08 August 2012 04:35 PM

Yes they are aware of it.

Chohole, you should quote the person you are answering.
I have no idea what this is in response to.

I wish it was referring to my comment about the forum archive site, but I doubt it.

Sorry about that. I was actually responding to DanaTA, but my response does actually apply equally to your post.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 849 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3343
Joined  2012-02-06

Is this the one? I can’t help with a method for how to get there, though…in my case, I was attempting to refresh a Members Only thread that I had had open in the background for a while…apparently the forum logged me out in the meantime.

Image Attachments
login.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 850 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3343
Joined  2012-02-06

Update: entering my e-mail address and password as usual on the box in my last post did successfully log me into the forum. When I then clicked on a store thread, I found that I was not logged into the store. Hope this information is helpful.

Second update: I manually logged out of the forum, then clicked the link for the Members Only forum—and it automatically logged me in in Chrome. Tried the same thing in Firefox…and it took me to the forum log-in screen.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 851 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well at least That proves That the login screen is there.  Thankyou

And thankyou for the screen shot.  Anyone who finds this screen needs to use the same login as they use for the store and their account, which is email address as username, and account password.

Trying to login using your forum name does not work.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 852 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21

I remember I used that same screen a few weeks ago to log into the forum and I now stay logged in here, but not in the store.  I think I was trying to access the Members Only Forum when that login screen came up, but I don’t remember exactly how I got to that point.  Haven’t been logged out of the forum at all since. smile

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 853 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

This is a test to see if I can force the screen to appear… Which I can.

Logging out in another tab while in the middle of a post and then clicking submit will get me the screen Scott Livingston posted. The down side is that that screen is not a page. It’s an error message, so it can’t be linked to. The URL is the same as the thread I was trying to post to, when I got logged out.

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 854 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2264
Joined  2007-12-07

I think I got that login screen when I followed the link in a PM to activate a coupon - I was a little surprised since I had to be logged in to be able to read the PM ... wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 855 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09

I can’t confirm or deny the way you got to this login but I’m confused in that I don’t seem to have this problem of having to log into the forum. I did once, back when the switch over first happened but since then I’ve always been able to access/post in the forums regardless of whether I was logged in or out of anywhere else and it’s held true that way going on nearly 2 months now. Now the store I have to log into every time I come to Daz and need to access my account but the forum acts like the old one did with me feeling as if I’m permanently logged in there.

57 of 91