55 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 07 August 2012 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 811 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12550
Joined  2007-11-06

...the next two things that need to be worked on are

Not timing out a user while one is actively performing a task like browsing the store, making a purchase, or writing/submitting a post in the forums.  Timeouts should only occur after a period of inactivity by the user.

Setting a placeholder when a timeout occurs so that when one logs back in they are returned to the same location in the store of forums. It is getting really old having to deal with losing one’s place when you are sent to your account page after clicking on the “Login” link.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 07 August 2012 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 812 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21

I’m soooo glad we’ve got our avatars back!!  Now I’ll recognise people when they post (never was any good at remembering names, but I rarely forget a face….)! LOL

Thanks for all your hard work, programmers, and of course mods! wink

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 07 August 2012 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 813 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-03-28

So I see the Critical PC issue is not fixed… Ugh

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 814 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2008-02-22

Were they going to make a Fastgrab RSS feed again, or a notification of what’s there?

Was there any plan to add a notify on Wishlist price change?

Signature 

+800 or so old forum posts, just so you know I’m not a newb!  tongue laugh

Posted: 07 August 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 815 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16
Kyoto Kid - 07 August 2012 12:52 AM

...the next two things that need to be worked on are

Not timing out a user while one is actively performing a task like browsing the store, making a purchase, or writing/submitting a post in the forums.  Timeouts should only occur after a period of inactivity by the user.

Setting a placeholder when a timeout occurs so that when one logs back in they are returned to the same location in the store of forums. It is getting really old having to deal with losing one’s place when you are sent to your account page after clicking on the “Login” link.

Better yet, I’d rather stop being logged out completely! It literally takes more than 5 minutes to login to the store on dialup so I never do any shopping anymore unless I have a very good reason to. We stay logged into the forums, it should be the same for the store :( I don’t want to login every single visit :(

Posted: 07 August 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 816 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6137
Joined  2005-04-16
Lilliana - 07 August 2012 04:50 AM

No, but you have your avatar back!  long face

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 07 August 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 817 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-04-30

I just want to ask, if the daily newsletter option nd the wishlist alert was meanwhile fixed? With daily newsletter option I mean, that I’ve got every day a newsletter with new releases, optional realeases from selected artists. I miss this option very much.

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 818 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2003-12-06
atryeu - 07 August 2012 11:18 AM

We stay logged into the forums, it should be the same for the store

You stay logged into the forums? I don’t. It’s a toss-up which one dumps me first, the store or the forums, but they both do, apparently at random.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 819 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2012-04-14

I used to stay logged in the store then dumped out of the forums. Now I’m continously logged into the forums and have to log back into the store every single time I visit.

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 820 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17076
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes once you have got the system worked out to stay logged in to the forums, you have to login to the store, as that still times out. THe old site was exactly the same, you always had to login to the store, because that is on the secure side of the planet.

The secret to staying logged into the forums is to make sure that you log in to the forums first , benfore you login to the store.

TO do this, when you time out next time in the forum, go to your account and logout there also. CHeck that you are truly looged out by visiting the store and check if you are logged out ther.

Now go back to the forums and login again there. You should get a different style login screen, one with tick boxes under it about staying logged in. Tick both those boxes, and login using the exact same login details as if you were logging in to the store, so userneame is your email address and your store password,.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 821 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16

Before, you were actually logged into the store still and you only had to confirm your login information when you go to purchase something. Otherwise, you were logged into the store (unless you logged yourself out), so you could add things to the cart, wishlist or whatever still as well as see the correct pricing if your a PC member. Now, it doesn’t let you stay logged in so you can’t add things to your cart or wishlist and you don’t see the correct pricing, you have to login for all of that now and the login page takes absolutely forever on dialup :( It never used to take that long…..

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 822 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-03-28

“The first smart comment and I feed them to the Darkspawn.”

“You see! This is what I love about you.”

smile

You I uploaded it back when the site first opened. Not a big deal there. Heh

DanaTA - 07 August 2012 12:26 PM
Lilliana - 07 August 2012 04:50 AM

No, but you have your avatar back!  long face

Dana

Posted: 07 August 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 823 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6137
Joined  2005-04-16
atryeu - 07 August 2012 05:36 PM

Before, you were actually logged into the store still and you only had to confirm your login information when you go to purchase something. Otherwise, you were logged into the store (unless you logged yourself out), so you could add things to the cart, wishlist or whatever still as well as see the correct pricing if your a PC member. Now, it doesn’t let you stay logged in so you can’t add things to your cart or wishlist and you don’t see the correct pricing, you have to login for all of that now and the login page takes absolutely forever on dialup :( It never used to take that long…..

Exactly!  I’m glad someone recognized the true difference!  Besides me.  The only time I had to log in before was when I tried to access my account.  Or when the site was down for maintenance and then everyone had to log in again.  Other than that, when I reboot my computer.  Now, the store doesn’t know who I am after not being in there for a while.  However, I can add something to my cart.  It just asks me to log in before it shows me the checkout.  The way things have gone, maybe that’s not the best situation.  Log in first, then click on checkout is probably better.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 07 August 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 824 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2003-10-09
lordvicore - 06 August 2012 04:13 PM

Oh and by the way… to whomever fixed the avatars… Thank you!

EDITED TO ADD:

AND since I just noticed it- THANK YOU FOR FIXING THREAD BUMPING TOO!!!

Thread Bumping!

Wooooot!!

First thing I noticed when popping back in! cheese

Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!

Posted: 08 August 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 825 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12550
Joined  2007-11-06
chohole - 07 August 2012 03:57 PM

Yes once you have got the system worked out to stay logged in to the forums, you have to login to the store, as that still times out. THe old site was exactly the same, you always had to login to the store, because that is on the secure side of the planet.

The secret to staying logged into the forums is to make sure that you log in to the forums first , benfore you login to the store.

TO do this, when you time out next time in the forum, go to your account and logout there also. CHeck that you are truly looged out by visiting the store and check if you are logged out ther.

Now go back to the forums and login again there. You should get a different style login screen, one with tick boxes under it about staying logged in. Tick both those boxes, and login using the exact same login details as if you were logging in to the store, so userneame is your email address and your store password,.

...didn’t work.  Still was logged out (again while the trying to post a comment).  When I clicked the login link I was once again routed to my account page, thus losing my place in the thread I was on.  When I tried clicking the back arrow to return the thread I was originally on, it kept looping me back to my account page instead.  Frustrated at the waste of time this had become, I closed the tab and started all over from scratch again

Now I have to spend even more time manually navigating back to the thread I was on (as all the ebot reminders I had for some reason decided to break all at once) and then try to remember what I was posting about in the first place as this latest episode pretty much derailed my train of thought.

...bloody ell, it’s 23:30 and I have to be up for work. at 06:00. I give up.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

55 of 91