Digital Art Zone

45 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 13 July 2012 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 661 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  288
Joined  2009-08-11
DanaTA - 11 July 2012 10:25 PM

Cyn, it could be a video card issue.  But try right-clicking on the image thumbnails and select open in new tab (or window, but tab is less of a resource hog).  Let us know if that worked for you.

I only got one “texture overflow image” tonight when I was just checking (which was really surprising).  That’s the best it’s ever been.  LOL  Still, I’ve had no such problems with any of the other sites that use this technique of viewing.  I wish they’d go back to the old pages here . . . because they were so great for offline records to go w/ the purchases.  It’s one of the things I loved best, and thought it better above all others, record wise.  There were other things, as well, I thought beat all other sites re: usability.  But quick, quick, quick to slow, slow, slow is no fun.  downer  I can imagine all this is no fun to smooth out, either.
  ::hugz to those behind the scenes:: 

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 13 July 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 662 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5493
Joined  2005-04-16
Cyn Art - 13 July 2012 03:20 AM
DanaTA - 11 July 2012 10:25 PM

Cyn, it could be a video card issue.  But try right-clicking on the image thumbnails and select open in new tab (or window, but tab is less of a resource hog).  Let us know if that worked for you.

I only got one “texture overflow image” tonight when I was just checking (which was really surprising).  That’s the best it’s ever been.  LOL  Still, I’ve had no such problems with any of the other sites that use this technique of viewing.  I wish they’d go back to the old pages here . . . because they were so great for offline records to go w/ the purchases.  It’s one of the things I loved best, and thought it better above all others, record wise.  There were other things, as well, I thought beat all other sites re: usability.  But quick, quick, quick to slow, slow, slow is no fun.  downer  I can imagine all this is no fun to smooth out, either.
  ::hugz to those behind the scenes::

I still think it might be related to your video card, but it might be the browser, too.  What browser are you using?  Can your try a different one and see if it still happens?  I’d report it to them.  It could also be a problem with the way they are presenting the popup image.  If it is on a slightly different domain (like the smileys!), the browser may not like it, especially if you have a high security protection on it.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 13 July 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 663 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  645
Joined  2008-05-05

Please. Fix the site.

*Notify of duplicate purchases
*Add search of (or show complete ) itemized order history
*Add file size info so browsers can show download progress.
*Disable the Poll feature from the forums, since apparently you CAN poll, but SHOULDN’T.

I’ve been waiting for these since the site was “updated.”  I am not alone.  I am no longer shopping, it annoys me too much. There should have been a beta test of the new changes before the old site was taken offline.

Sincerely,
Me and lots of other people who apparently can now only voice our concerns 45 pages into a thread started almost two months ago, because any other posts are considered “duplicates” of this one.

Give me a break. I have spent $19,869.01 here, starting on 5/5/08.  I have unfailingly been a cheerleader on these forums.  Way to treat your customers, DAZ.

Old post count… Who the heck knows, since it’s been reset.

Signature 

One in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. One is mine.

My deviantArt Gallery: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 13 July 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 664 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2007-05-26

What she said ^

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 14 July 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 665 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5750
Joined  2006-02-20
KaribousBoutique - 13 July 2012 10:05 AM

Old post count… Who the heck knows, since it’s been reset.

I am with you on fixing the store ...

Your old post count is the only thing I can help with:
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2957914&sid=a33cd51a985ac87e3dd4c05980a0186f

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 14 July 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 666 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7817
Joined  2004-07-21

how about in the email notifications give an option to go to the start of the thread.  Sometimes I get a notification for a post that gets removed and it does not go to the thread.  the last one i got was some post I did not understand and it got removed.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 667 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15635
Joined  2003-10-09

That happened in the old forums as well, You would get an ebot that when clicked on gave the message “No posts exist for this topic”

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 668 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

We were told this new forum software wouldn’t give those “no post exists” sort of errors before it went live and although they are different and a bit more rare it seems, they still keep happening :( I got one yesterday for a notification to a post that got removed and it took forever to load the main list on dialup again and then try and find out where in the thread I had left off :(

Posted: 14 July 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 669 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7622
Joined  2006-03-19

Most of the time those messages are from when we merge a thread, but it does also happen when we remove a post. I don’t think it was ever said that those would be better with this new site.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 14 July 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 670 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Frank0314 - 14 July 2012 11:49 AM

Most of the time those messages are from when we merge a thread, but it does also happen when we remove a post. I don’t think it was ever said that those would be better with this new site.

I remember it being said as well.  No backtracking now!  I was looking forward to it not happening anymore.  This is worse.  Rather than being told no such post exists, it says “The specified thread does not exist.”  That’s worse.  And worse yet, it’s a lie!  Software that lies…hmmm…is it becoming self-aware?  grrr 

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 671 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Also, I’d like to know what was wrong with that post!  It simply stated the business definition of customer service, and its importance.  ohh

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 672 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

It was turned into fritters, as are all of it’s ilk.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 14 July 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 673 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2007-11-04

Give me a break. I have spent $19,869.01 here, starting on 5/5/08.  I have unfailingly been a cheerleader on these forums.  Way to treat your customers, DAZ.

*BOINGBOINGBOING*....you actually had the courage to crunch those numbers?!  GAH!! I’m too much of a coward - my total is probably close to yours smile  I’ve thought of figuring it out, but that’s when I start getting the shakes, heh heh…Mazel tov!

.......Me and lots of other people who apparently can now only voice our concerns 45 pages into a thread started almost two months ago, because any other posts are considered “duplicates” of this one.

Now this is where it stops being funny…45 pages to dig thru?  I’d rather have 45 threads.  At least the place will look more lively. Been spending a lot of time (that I used to spend here) on YouTube.  Yes, there are complete dirtballs there, but at least I can curse at ppl - that’s therapeutic at least.

Anyway, I recently had to deal with Daz’s Customer Service, like so many of us smile  They’re always nice and I have no complaints about them, ever.  But in the course of the exchange, I asked the person to give me a name of somebody, who was at the head of the Daz Food Chain.  I wanted to send an email to somebody direct - after all, it’s always been said on the forums, that if one had a real “problem” with Daz it would be more effective to deal directly with the office, rather than just rant in the forum.  I assured Cust. Svc. that I wasn’t planning on biting anyone, just had a few comments I wanted to make - this was the response:

The best way to get to the top of the chain, is to post in the forums. Every manager and top of the line checks on the forums daily. Thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I rest my case….time to go back to YouTube and use some of that foul language smile
Oh, and Daz?  FIX OUR AVATARS!!!  This place feels so unfriendly!!!

Signature 

My DeviantART Gallery
Old Post Count 1376

Posted: 14 July 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 674 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-07-16

I’m removing my post because I’m too disruptive and none of my comments belong here.  Say happy things. We all must be happy.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 14 July 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 675 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes it is a thread, and it is here for people to voice their concerns, so they are all in one place, and not scattered all over the forum.

Plus as you may notice, if you go to the first page, it is also updated from time to time. As is the Announcement thread posted by DAZ_BFurner.

Signature 

45 of 91