Digital Art Zone

39 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 23 June 2012 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 571 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14191
Joined  2003-10-09

Log out on a page you are logged in on. close browser, clear cache, reopen browser and log back in again. If that doesn’t clear it try a forced refresh (Ctrl F5, or Cmd F5 on a mac)

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Spring Bryce Rendering Challenge        April Freebie Challenge
My DAZ Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 572 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2005-01-02
Richard Haseltine - 22 June 2012 03:51 PM

The separate metadata installers has never, or at least rarely, been needed - it was there as an option for adding or updating the metadata later on, but it has always been in the base installer too. It seems that they are now using only the base installer - which at least simplifies the download list.

I never knew that, as I’m sure most wouldn’t.  But if they’re included in the .exe file, then I see there is no need for them.  Thanks.  Now if we only had zips, I could actually see what I’m installing.

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 573 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
Eva1 - 23 June 2012 03:24 AM

There are still problems with the log in functionality. E.g this morning (i.e. a few hours ago) When I clicked ‘My Account’ it would take me to the correct page, however when I then tried to accss the forum it showed me as logged out when I hadn’t . So I was logged into my account but couldn’t make any forum posts. Iv’e submitted a ticket. I don’t know if this is caching related I tried refreshing etc. I also did try to log out at one point and got a an error message saying the server couldn’t complete the action correctly (Firefox message).

You pretty much have to login separately to the store and the forums. :(  I’m staying logged into the forums all of the time but the store constantly logs me out multiple times a day and I have to login there as well if I want to see the PC prices or do something with my account. I don’t even bother now though unless I really have to. It takes 10-15 minutes to login to the store on my dialup connection and it’s a waste of time since I’m just logged out all over again anyway in a few hours or less :(

I hope this will be an issue that gets fixed as well. We should only have to login 1 time to be logged into both the forums & the store. That’s how it was with the old site and that’s how it should be on this “upgrade” as well :(

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 574 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2005-01-02
Martin_C - 22 June 2012 04:05 PM

Finally, a new problem (at least new to me).

I just received an eMail stating that “I” right now unsubscribed from the newsletter. Problem is: I actually didn’t...

But my account indeed has unchecked the newsletter option - I now turned it on again.

Whoever did this, I hope it is another shop/software glitch by itself and not some other user interfering with my account (?)

Anyone else with this problem?

No, this happened to me too about a week or so ago.  I just received an email out of the blue that I was unsubscribed when in fact I had not done that.  So I had to come to the site and subscribe again.  Then I got the email that I was subscribed.  Duh….what a pain.

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 575 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  896
Joined  2008-11-01

Don’t worry about being unsubscribed. It is a consequence of them trying to set people’s accounts correctly. For example, some PC members could not see the PC forum. As they added those to the MO forum who couldn’t see it, it seems some people were unsubscribed. If you receive that email or find yourself unsubscribed, just recheck it. You do not need to worry that someone is accessing your account that shouldn’t be. Rest assured, that is not the case. It’s just a glitch that happens and they are aware of it.

Posted: 23 June 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 576 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4618
Joined  2005-04-16
sapat - 23 June 2012 11:32 AM

The separate metadata installers has never, or at least rarely, been needed - it was there as an option for adding or updating the metadata later on, but it has always been in the base installer too. It seems that they are now using only the base installer - which at least simplifies the download list.

I never knew that, as I’m sure most wouldn’t.  But if they’re included in the .exe file, then I see there is no need for them.  Thanks.  Now if we only had zips, I could actually see what I’m installing.

Exactly!  So are we being told that the metadata has installed even if we didn’t want it?  mad  Where does it go?  I have to go looking for it now.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 23 June 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 577 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12420
Joined  2003-10-09
DanaTA - 23 June 2012 12:43 PM
sapat - 23 June 2012 11:32 AM

Exactly!  So are we being told that the metadata has installed even if we didn’t want it?  mad  Where does it go?  I have to go looking for it now.

Dana

\Runtime\Support

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 578 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Thanks, Richard.  I’ll have a look.  I haven’t installed DS4Pro yet, but I will eventually, so I may not delete the stuff.  I just wanted to know where it is.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 579 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1203
Joined  2004-02-13

To anyone who may have asked me anything in this thread or one of the others I just wanted to say I am so terribly sorry if I missed it or didn’t get back to you. I’ve been out sick for almost a week.

If anyone did ask anything, please report or point me to it or float me a PM smile Sadly I had some flu of hell that kicked my tooshie LOL But I am feeling better now (not 100% still but much much better)

Anyway if I missed anyone who needed my help, again I am really sorry :(

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 24 June 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 580 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1237
Joined  2004-08-24

Hope you’re feeling back to normal quickly, Annie! {{HUGS}}

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 24 June 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 581 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Feel better Anne, your health is more important that these mundane issues.  smile

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 582 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4027
Joined  2004-08-11

Well I gave in and made an order… $103.00 order to be exact… I didn’t want to miss out on the beards and body hair bundle but guess what?  The Paypal transaction is completed and I have NO access to my downloads.  Yes, I created a support ticket but it’s Saturday…. not cool.  cool mad

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

RAMWorks Freebies

Pan Project

Posted: 30 June 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 583 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7384
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 30 June 2012 09:06 AM

Well I gave in and made an order… $103.00 order to be exact… I didn’t want to miss out on the beards and body hair bundle but guess what?  The Paypal transaction is completed and I have NO access to my downloads.  Yes, I created a support ticket but it’s Saturday…. not cool.  cool mad

Does the order not show as complete, or is the order complete but the downloads aren’t available?  If the latter, go to Itemized Order History and reset the affected items.

Signature 

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products
Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 30 June 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 584 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4027
Joined  2004-08-11

Order is completed.  The Paypal receipt shows that the money was delivered!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

RAMWorks Freebies

Pan Project

Posted: 30 June 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 585 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7384
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 30 June 2012 09:27 AM

Order is completed.  The Paypal receipt shows that the money was delivered!

Is your “My Downloadable Products” showing the items as “not available”?  Can you reset them in Itemized Order History?

Signature 

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products
Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

39 of 91