Digital Art Zone

36 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 16 June 2012 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 526 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2007-11-30

Do NOT update to FF 13, as Adobe Flash WILL crash when you load a page using it despite being updated. (screenshot attached to show plugins are updated)

The site I used to test this was http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

It crashed everytime I opened that page (due to it, ironically, using Flash to show animation close to the top of the page).

[This is NOT a DAZ3D-problem]

Edit. Obviously there’s something wrong, so I’m on Chrome right now. I’ll see how it works out….

Image Attachments
FF_plugins-update.jpg

Posted: 16 June 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 527 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17130
Joined  2003-10-09

I had no problem oepning that page, and the animation at the topp worked for me. Using FF 13

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 June 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 528 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-30

Well, I’m using Vista 32.bit on my laptop, and Firefox NEVER crashed before it updated to version 13. Having little patience, I switched to Chrome after crashing for the n’th time. The update happened at the 15’th, btw. Just as the crashes started to happen. mad

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747683

Posted: 16 June 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 529 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21

Page worked okay for me too, no crashes and animation normal, also using FF13.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 16 June 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 530 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2011-09-13
Norse Graphics - 16 June 2012 08:14 AM

Well, I’m using Vista 32.bit on my laptop, and Firefox NEVER crashed before it updated to version 13. Having little patience, I switched to Chrome after crashing for the n’th time. The update happened at the 15’th, btw. Just as the crashes started to happen. mad

My Firefox just updated today and I just bought something here and had some weird problems, although in the end it worked as expected. However, I did get that pending problem (I used the reset download trick, which worked).

After reading your post, though, I thought I would log in using Chrome to do the reset thing. What I found was how much faster the site is in Chrome! I wonder if anyone else has found this. Although I have reasons for sticking to FF generally (important plug-ins) I think I’m going to do my DAZ account stuff in Chrome from now on.

Posted: 16 June 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 531 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16

I’ve used FF for a long time and I never had any problems until the first update after 3.0 came out, and it’s been crashing constantly ever since :(  I’m using the latest version of 3.6… I can’t upgrade any further because an important program I am required to use for dialup to help me avoid constant time outs loading pages won’t get updated to support the new versions *cries* :( I’ve been waiting for over a year and they won’t upgrade it :(

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 532 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

HELP!
I can’t log into the store. After I logged in for about five or six times, I still can’t go into my account or add something to my cart.
And I DID get that green “your nick and password are fine!
And I AM logged into the forum ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 533 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2005-04-16

Kerya, did you try logging out first?  Sometimes that helps.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 534 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
DanaTA - 17 June 2012 01:28 AM

Kerya, did you try logging out first?  Sometimes that helps.

Dana

Thanks Dana!
I didn’t do something apart from writing some messages here in the forum, that seemed to help, because when I tried to look at the store - I was logged in (without doing something special).
Maybe you have to write a message now before being allowed to buy something. LOL!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 535 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Maybe.  Well, I’m glad you got back in.  I’m off to bed now!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 536 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
DanaTA - 17 June 2012 01:35 AM

Maybe.  Well, I’m glad you got back in.  I’m off to bed now!

Dana

Sleep well and have nice dreams!

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 537 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-30
Hiro Protagonist - 16 June 2012 10:14 AM
Norse Graphics - 16 June 2012 08:14 AM

My Firefox just updated today and I just bought something here and had some weird problems, although in the end it worked as expected. However, I did get that pending problem (I used the reset download trick, which worked).

After reading your post, though, I thought I would log in using Chrome to do the reset thing. What I found was how much faster the site is in Chrome! I wonder if anyone else has found this. Although I have reasons for sticking to FF generally (important plug-ins) I think I’m going to do my DAZ account stuff in Chrome from now on.

Well, I moved to Chrome because of the crashes. Maybe it’s something with my machine, I don’t know. Anyway, I started with FF because I thought IE was slow as molasses. Now, IE is still (IMHO) slow, FF a bit faster, but Chrome the fastest browser. Seems Google has done something right.

The functionality, on the other hand, is not as extensive as FF (No Script-plugin etc.).

Posted: 17 June 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 538 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1226
Joined  2005-04-12

When will I be able to access my Wishlist - it has been over a month and still no resolution of this issue.

Posted: 17 June 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 539 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

I thought they said coupons can be stacked!  I can’t figure out how to do that.  I’m trying to get the Evolution Morphs bundle with the FAther’s Day and PC coupons.  When I apply one, the other is removed.  mad

Has anyone been successful in stacking the coupons?  Or is that just another pipe dream?

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 540 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24

I thought (though I can’t find it) that was said it would be the case in the old forums.  It definitely is NOT possible.  They cannot be stacked at present.

I have been asking (in several different threads), without any success in getting an answer so far from Daz, whether this is going to change in the future.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

36 of 91