SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 13 June 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5224
Joined  2005-04-16
Consumer573 - 13 June 2012 09:47 AM

For what it’s worth, Daz admins,
When I click on a thumbnail on a product that looks interesting there’s some information I expect to see immediately before I make a decision to look further.
This is (in approximate order of importance):
(1) is it applicable to the figure/figures I am considering using (V4, V3, M4, M3, A4,A3, SP3, Gn, etc)
(2) Is it on sale?  How much of a discount am I getting?  Is it a platinum club item or just on sale?
(2) What is the expected file size (what is the setback to my render times) (more important for characters and Hair products)
(3) Who made it and can I click to their store to see if there are similar things?
(4) Is it an accessory? If so, how to I get to the main item.

Yes, all very important stuff here!

Consumer573 - 13 June 2012 09:47 AM

Right now you’re taking the whole page to basically tell me what I already know from the thumbnail. And instead of making my click to the product page immediately gratifying, you’re taking up a ton of space with a “You might also Like this” line before I can get to anything useful.

It’s funny, it reminds me of a used car lot.  You look at a car that you find interesting, and the salesman comes along before you can read the sticker info and says, “You don’t want that car…here, let me show you something you might like better!”  I don’t like used car salesmen, stop trying to be like them!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 13 June 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  684
Joined  2003-10-09
DanaTA - 13 June 2012 10:13 AM

It’s funny, it reminds me of a used car lot.  You look at a car that you find interesting, and the salesman comes along before you can read the sticker info and says, “You don’t want that car…here, let me show you something you might like better!”  I don’t like used car salesmen, stop trying to be like them! ...

Yep, somebody with with a marketing degree needs to step in at DAZ.  Or perhaps they did and that’s the problem. ohh

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2278
Joined  2003-12-06

Okay, let’s see the DAZ web-folks explain this one…

Before logging on tonight I accidentally hit the “Sales & Promotions” link instead of the “Store” link. The page I got didn’t have a “Login” link at the top, it had a “Logout” link. Erm…?

I thought this had cleared up, but it’s once again no longer certain just which links I’m going to see in the top corner of each page I open. Cart or Wishlist (never both at once — I think) are the most frequent absentees, but I also sometimes lose one of the others. I shudder to think what’s happening on the DAZ servers…

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13643
Joined  2003-10-09

Unless you actually click log out the site remembers you - the check box doesn’t seem to do anything.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 June 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2278
Joined  2003-12-06

I did log out, last night after I was finished for the day, like I always do. Tonight, the page I have bookmarked came up with a “Login” link as it should, but the next page I clicked on (still before logging in) had a “Logout” link. This is what I meant in my previous post, there is some randomness in exactly which links I see up in that corner.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 13 June 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 501 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
Richard Haseltine - 13 June 2012 04:52 PM

Unless you actually click log out the site remembers you - the check box doesn’t seem to do anything.

Doesn’t seem that way for me…. The forum at least keeps me logged in but the store logs me out every day. I NEVER click the Log Out, I prefer to stay logged in. The cookies & cache were cleared last week but it did not solve the problem. I’m still being logged out of the store, but not the forums. :(

Posted: 13 June 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 502 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7532
Joined  2006-03-19

I have the opposite problem. I keep getting logged out of the forum and not the store.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 503 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5224
Joined  2005-04-16

It seems, from these last two posts, that perhaps the code for the site is run by a random number generator!

nRandomNum = getRandomNumber( )
IF Wednesday AND nRandomNum > 999 Then
  ShowLoggedIn( )
ELSE
  ShowLoggedOut()
END

LOL

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 504 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

Logged in? Only on Tuesday, when the moon is full, in months ending in ‘q’. *grins*

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 13 June 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 505 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16

To any staff reading these posts, can you please request the Shop links and such added back to the top of the forum pages? :(

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 506 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7531
Joined  2004-07-21
atryeu - 13 June 2012 07:57 PM

To any staff reading these posts, can you please request the Shop links and such added back to the top of the forum pages? :(

It used to be there.  I want it back.  I liked the ability to easily go from one forum to a popular forum like commons or MO section.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 507 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

I liked it when there were there. I logged on one day and they were just gone. Very inconvenient. I would assume that they will bring them back.

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 508 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16

Same here. I don’t visit the store now because I can’t go through the homepage (it’s not dialup friendly) to track down the links and my bookmarks need to be organized so there’s no point bookmarking the store so it’ll just get lost LoL It was also the easiest way to travel to the PC forum instead of going through the main link and scrolling around to find it :( I miss that drop down menu with the forums listings for quick navigation too :( I never use the index page -_-

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 509 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

Since we have to read everything on the forum, we primarily use the post since last visit feature the most. They say they are going to do a bunch of updating to the forums once they get the store situated so we can only hope that it looks and feels more like the old one. It would probably make a lot of people happy.

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 510 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2003-10-09
atryeu - 13 June 2012 08:28 PM

Same here. I don’t visit the store now because I can’t go through the homepage (it’s not dialup friendly) to track down the links and my bookmarks need to be organized so there’s no point bookmarking the store so it’ll just get lost LoL It was also the easiest way to travel to the PC forum instead of going through the main link and scrolling around to find it :( I miss that drop down menu with the forums listings for quick navigation too :( I never use the index page -_-

Not the ideal solution, but for now you can click on “my account” on top in the forums and that will get you to the store from there.

Hope that helps a bit smile

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

34 of 91