Digital Art Zone

22 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 05 June 2012 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2004-08-13

New Issue (at least for me):

I can no longer add anything to my cart or my wishlist.  Nor can I move items from my wishlist to my cart.

Should I be posting in a bug tracking thread or notifying Daz via Zendesk?

Posted: 05 June 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2003-11-29

I can get into my account, but then it asks me “Not xxx” /  “Not xxx” etc, leading me to believe that there is something wrong with Zendesk. I already have quite a long password, so I am sure that is not the problem ( as suggested in the ‘Unable to Login’ post ).

Trying to get support just bounces me back and forth to the Log in / Have you an Account page.

Perhaps someone at DAZ3D is programming using spaghetti, and the wee mouse has eaten through some of it ... ;o)

As it stands, I cannot trust the system to buy anything at all, and short of sending a letter or ‘phoning fromn Europe, I cannot contact DAZ3D except through the Forum. I hope somebody who can do something, gets to see this. Anyone with a direct line to the support desk?

Posted: 05 June 2012 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

New member from UK just joined today and from what I can gather (apols !) another new issue ? Received first order yesterday on wish list safely but unable to open .exe file so nothing is happening. It only shows “Run” which I clicked on but shouldn’t it also have “Save” to click on as well ?

As I’m on a really tight time schedule I sent support a message yesterday but nothing heard back as yet. Could anyone advise what to do please ?

Thanks

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 05 June 2012 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2007-10-17
DAZ_ann0314 - 04 June 2012 10:28 PM
PoserMagic - 04 June 2012 07:35 PM

I have done all of the above (including pming you, ty for trying wink  )  but still no help, I am wondering if you know what is going on yet.  I have been trying to wait it out, but I am on a deadline and need what I ordered!  I hate to say it, I have enough stress in my life and this is making my eyes twitch.  I am not one to complain and I am very understanding, but it would be nice for someone to say if or when something might be fixed so I could pass on why I am running behind!  Thanks so much smile

Let me go have a look at what you sent me again to refresh my rather poor off hand memory (I recall talking with you but now can’t recall the details *blush*) and I will be back either in here or by PM to you in a flash smile

you are super duper!!  tysm

Signature 

Come and see me sometime!  http://posermagic.deviantart.com/
My RMP Store http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=posermagic
My CP Store http://www.contentparadise.com/searchimageviewdetail.aspx?seller=Posermagic

Posted: 05 June 2012 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5569
Joined  2006-02-20
jsma2012 - 05 June 2012 02:11 AM

New member from UK just joined today and from what I can gather (apols !) another new issue ? Received first order yesterday on wish list safely but unable to open .exe file so nothing is happening. It only shows “Run” which I clicked on but shouldn’t it also have “Save” to click on as well ?

As I’m on a really tight time schedule I sent support a message yesterday but nothing heard back as yet. Could anyone advise what to do please ?

Thanks

Could it be one of those damaged installers?
Kendall has a fix here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/865/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 05 June 2012 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

Thanks

There’s a utility for fixing damaged store downloads, here. Try that and see if it helps.

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 05 June 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Thanks

Save? Are you talking about downloading the file, perhaps?

EXE installers should only have Run and Cancel, when you’re installing, as far as I know.

(I thought it was all zip files, now?)

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 05 June 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-06-23

I sent Refund ticket last friday, no answer yet.

Posted: 05 June 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15240
Joined  2003-10-09

your post has been merged into the relevant thread about store issues.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 June 2012 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Are you talking about downloading the file, perhaps?

EXE installers should only have Run and Cancel, when you’re installing, as far as I know.

(I thought it was all zip files, now?)

Thanks for all the replies. I’m not much good at the downloading side of things but I think you’re right it must have been a zip file as it only had Run and Cancel. Anyway used the Fix link ok and all three files came up with “Done” but it’s now asking what programme do I open the file with and apols I’ve no idea lol !

Thanks

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 05 June 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

Do you mean that when you double-click the files, you are asked what application it takes to open them?

Or do you mean that the installer wants to know if you’re using Daz or Poser?

By the way, are you running Windows or Mac?

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 05 June 2012 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Yes apols what application it takes to open them, and running Windows 32 bit XP….

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 05 June 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

When you downloaded each file, did you type in a name, or are they their original names?

Open “My Computer”, at the top,click on “Tools”. Click on the “View”. Un-tick “Hide extensions for known file types.

Now what are the names of your files?

If it ends with .zip, you might need Winzip.

If it ends with nothing after the “.”, then try renaming it to .zip.

You can get Winzip here:
http://www.winzip.com/win/en/index.htm
(Just the free trial version, for now).

But I don’t think you should need to. XP should open zips, or maybe that’s after Service Pack 2.

Anyway, I’m going to bed soon. So if you still have questions, someone else will probably have to answer them.

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Thanks a lot for the help.They had their original names and hide extensions for known file types wasn’t showing a tick….??

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

What are the names, exactly?

Signature 

22 of 91