Digital Art Zone

18 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 02 June 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 256 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-04-06

I didn’t know where to post this so I’ll post here.
My system and DAZ program is fine but the web site is all funky.
I’m a system admin so I have access to an army of different desktop, laptops that I play around with and repair of my job.
I’ve seen this same error at work, home and and my friends house across town.
I’ve also noticed this same error all throughout the week on a Windows OS, Ubuntu OS and a MAC so it’s not the desktops or OS’s

Attached is a jpeg of the error.
1 - required products are never correct.
2 - always someone else’s account name.

Please forward this to the appropriate DAZ tech if needed

Image removed by a moderator till resized…please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/510_98/

Signature 

PUNCH IT CHEWIE!!!

Posted: 02 June 2012 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 257 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29
Richard Haseltine - 02 June 2012 06:01 AM

1) seems unlikely to change as DAZ is moving to zips, where the Mac and PC will use the same file (with an optional install manager).

I think it would be nice from DAZ to move to zips first and THEN make these changes to the My Downloads area. It might take weeks, or more likely months (I hope not years?) before they convert all items sold in the DAZ store into zips after all. Since even the newest items are still exe files, I don´t think we will see any zips in the nearest future.

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 258 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-01-12

Hi there, DAZ

remember me? I am one of your customers ...

if you ever want another dollar from me - give me a chance to set up a new credit card !!

I need a country list to select “germany” from

at the moment earth seems to be only inhabited by the USA and the armed forces ....

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 259 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2403
Joined  2003-12-06

Hmm, that “new card info” stuff is something I’m going to need in a few months’ time when my current card expires. I wonder if it’ll be fixed by then…?  hmmm

I know we keep being told the new site was tested before going live, but that’s getting harder to believe with every day — and glitch — that passes.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 260 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2006-09-05
SpottedKitty - 02 June 2012 09:18 AM

Hmm, that “new card info” stuff is something I’m going to need in a few months’ time when my current card expires. I wonder if it’ll be fixed by then…?  hmmm

I know we keep being told the new site was tested before going live, but that’s getting harder to believe with every day — and glitch — that passes.

That’s something that should never have got past internal QA. There should have been at least five formal test scenarios for credit cards:

- US card with US address
- US card with overseas address
- Overseas card with US address
- Overseas card with overseas address within the issuing country
- Overseas card with overseas address outside the issuing country

The issue would have been immediately caught, and quickly fixed.

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 261 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15928
Joined  2003-10-09

The issue has been reported, and will be workjed on, we are told.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 262 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2007-07-01
Ibanara - 02 June 2012 08:47 AM

Hi there, DAZ

remember me? I am one of your customers ...

if you ever want another dollar from me - give me a chance to set up a new credit card !!

I need a country list to select “germany” from

at the moment earth seems to be only inhabited by the USA and the armed forces ....

I managed to create a new card profile without the use of a country list. If you don’t touch the State field, a check mark will appear as long as “Select a state” appears. You will need to input a zip code. Apparently if the fields are all filled out and you see a check mark on the right side, the system accepts it.

The big question is whether this is a “working” card when I use it in a transaction. Should find out when the PC membership comes up for renewal soon..

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 263 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2011-09-13

I asked this question elsewhere but didn’t get an answer. I sent an email to support about 10 days ago and haven’t had an answer (I am asking for a double purchase to be credited). Is this typical and should I wait, or should I resubmit using the Zendesk system?

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 264 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-01
Hiro Protagonist - 02 June 2012 01:09 PM

I asked this question elsewhere but didn’t get an answer. I sent an email to support about 10 days ago and haven’t had an answer (I am asking for a double purchase to be credited). Is this typical and should I wait, or should I resubmit using the Zendesk system?

If things were running normally, usually there’s a reply within 48 hours except when it’s a weekend/holiday..

I’m sure they’ll get to it, eventually. Just don’t hold your breathe. They need to dig themselves out of this self inflicted mess that’s overwhelmed Customer Support. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 265 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1307
Joined  2004-02-13
Hiro Protagonist - 02 June 2012 01:09 PM

Send me a PM here and I’ll look into it for you ok smile By now I would think either you would have heard back or seen the credit hit your account (Would show under in store credit in your account) but it is possible with it all being done by e-mail that the email got lost sadly :( If you PM me with the order number etc I’ll check into it for you smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 02 June 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 266 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2011-09-13
DAZ_ann0314 - 02 June 2012 02:06 PM

Send me a PM here and I’ll look into it for you ok smile By now I would think either you would have heard back or seen the credit hit your account (Would show under in store credit in your account) but it is possible with it all being done by e-mail that the email got lost sadly :( If you PM me with the order number etc I’ll check into it for you smile

Thanks, Ann. PM sent. cool smile

Posted: 02 June 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 267 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-17

I have been waiting on my order to go through since May 18th, I have sent many emails, and support tickets.  I used my paypal, any information on when it will be fixed?  I am going nuts and worried about placing any more orders until its fixed.  Thanks

Signature 

Come and see me sometime!  http://posermagic.deviantart.com/
My RMP Store http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=posermagic
My CP Store http://www.contentparadise.com/searchimageviewdetail.aspx?seller=Posermagic

Posted: 02 June 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 268 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2403
Joined  2003-12-06

Here’s a new one, I think. Looking at the Account Dashboard page, there’s a section for Recent Orders and clickable links for each one in the list. My two most recent orders include a listing — and this would be a great place for clickable links — of all installers for each product. Older orders have the list of each product in the order, but the “Installers” listing for each one is empty. Is it supposed to be like this?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 02 June 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 269 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2008-02-22

Not sure if this has been reported but I picked up Generation X, but it generated no new serial numbers…so I cant use the product.  Maybe the serial num generator is broke.  I submitted a ticket 2 or so days ago.

Signature 

+800 or so old forum posts, just so you know I’m not a newb!  tongue laugh

Posted: 02 June 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 270 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14249
Joined  2003-10-09
Proxima Shining - 02 June 2012 07:48 AM
Richard Haseltine - 02 June 2012 06:01 AM

1) seems unlikely to change as DAZ is moving to zips, where the Mac and PC will use the same file (with an optional install manager).

I think it would be nice from DAZ to move to zips first and THEN make these changes to the My Downloads area. It might take weeks, or more likely months (I hope not years?) before they convert all items sold in the DAZ store into zips after all. Since even the newest items are still exe files, I don´t think we will see any zips in the nearest future.

Assuming the facility was in the code, but I suspect it wasn’t -taking the time to code or add something that would be used for only a limited time would not be productive, given that the stor also lacks features that will go on being useful.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

18 of 91