Digital Art Zone

16 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 31 May 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-04-15

1. FastGrab is in the process of coming back: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/fast-grab-3d-models
3. This is not going to be fixed. There’s a push to making all the downloads platform independent zip files, which will make the mac/pc divide irrelevant.
4. The old forum is at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com
6. If you’re using Chrome or Firefox, there’s a Greasemonkey script for that: https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/133738

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  684
Joined  2010-12-13

I hear you. Unfortunately, I’m not in charge either! LOL A couple of points:

FastGrab appears to be back. I just got the Millennium Horse bundle for $5.99
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/fast-grab-3d-models
Go to Shop > Sales and Promotions > Fast Grab

You can get to the old forums. You can edit all your saved links (I know, wotta pain!) from forum.daz3d.com to forumarchive.daz3d.com

The store does have sorts, and you can sort ascending or descending. Still wonky, I know. Search is still bogus, but you can do something like A3+catsuit, but that didn’t return what I wanted. The search seems to be way too literal.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-07

as a side note i tried logging today into my account and got a MAGENTO error about preferences. so i quit out.  came back to try again a few hours later and was logged in as somone else.  it showed on top of screen the person had 421 wishlist items.  i did not click on anything else, other then the not person listed link on the far right,  becasue i knew it was not my accout so i can’t say if i coudl get any deeper in.  this is a problem due to the fact i am the only one that logs on this machine.

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17125
Joined  2003-10-09

merged into the Official thread

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2003-10-09
Tollaris - 31 May 2012 03:20 PM

Anyone getting this Issue? I managed to finally get an order to go through, it says complete in the “My Orders” area and I click the download link for the items and I get…

Download is currently unavailable

Sorry, this download is currently unavailable.

Please go to your Account and check your Order Status.

I just purchased an item after suffering long waits and have the same problem as you.

I haven’t been on here in a while and the site is so slowwwwwww.

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-05-27

I had the same problem - I ordered four items and the DS4 Auto-Fit (which is free, but still). The 4 downloadables were stuck in Pending status from my downloads page, and apparently a serial number to input for the Auto-Fit should appear on my serial numbers page, but so far has not. I’m still waiting for a serial number, I did open a ticket.

However, I managed to download the items still pending - I clicked on the reset link, and the item were then available for downloading.

Still, while there are a few things I would like to purchase, I dare not, especially seeing this is a major and widespread problem. I’ll go spend my money over at Renderosity instead this weekend.

IMHO - this whole new upgrade really blows, including the item pages in the shop. One thing I miss very much is the link to Accessories which I no longer see. All this “new and improved” which to me is a complete disappointment, and you can’t even purchase without fail. :(

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2011-04-19

Good luck I have been waiting over 2 weeks to get stuff I paid for.

I have been going to Renderosity also, thinking of joining there member club it’s hafe price now & may get out of this one if I don’t get my stuff I paid hard money for to go in there bank & nothen for me but a big head ack.

No one responds to me. :(

I hate the new store, they should of took one area at a time & made sure it worked before changing a whole store!!!

Renderosity is the place to be now.

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2012-01-29

I wonder if you guys who managed to buy something today are are all from USA or what? Because here where I live in Europe, DAZ store is not just slow - it does not work at all. I cannot view anything in the store, I cannot go to My Account, simpy nothing. When I click on something, the site appears to be connecting, but it goes on forever and never connects (not even after numerous F5 refresh hits). Or maybe it eventually would connect, but I gave up after 40 minutes… And yesterday it only showed “error” or “site maintenance” pages. Could it be that this is only specific to people living outside of US?

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17125
Joined  2003-10-09

No not all from the US.  Many of us are from this side of the Pond, And experiencing very little difference to the guys over there.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2005-08-19

@ Proxima Shining…  I’m from the U.S. and have been having the same problems so I doubt the problems we’re seeing are related to where we’re located.

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-12-02

I’ve been away for a while. Just bought the “Fantasy Bath” set, which is my first experience with this new store set up.
I’m glad to hear I’m not crazy or anything, and that I’m not the only one having problems. It ended up charging the full price on that set instead of the listed sale price. I’ve seen people in the past post about this problem, but this is the first time I’ve ever experienced it.

This new store system is screwy to me. I still haven’t found the “don’t show me both PC -and- Mac downloads” button yet, which clears up a lot of visual confusion. And I have no idea what this whole “meta” download stuff is. Plus, the things I just bought would randomly pop in and out of my cart every time I went to a new page, even after I bought and downloaded them.

Everyone gets to throw their two cents in about the new website setup, so here’s mine:

I think I’ll just avoid using it.

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9672
Joined  2007-11-06
Musicplayer - 31 May 2012 03:34 PM

I sent Daz Sales a note 7 hours ago telling them of the same problem, I could not download my purchased items due to the same error you mention.  I have not had this particular problem with the new site until now, but have had other issues.
Still waiting for a reply, and although a great supporter of Daz, this ongoing new website and store problems, is beyond belief for an online business. Might be time Daz to call in some urgent outside help.  wink

If your order shows as complete, try going to itemized order history and resetting the products.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2007-11-09

Grrrr now I’m really pissed off with/by the store.
Yesterday pages were slow to load and so gave up shopping out of frustration.
Today all the items that were on sale yesterday are no longer on sale.
Some sales items prices have increased. Yesterday they were lower.
Some pages now states site closed for maintenance. Feel like throttling that little green alien.
Did Daz hire the programmers responsible for Windows Vista or what?

Signature 

Eternity’s my home, the Universe my backyard, my mind is a playground, so let’s make it all art. tongue laugh
My little gallery: http://lbamagic.deviantart.com

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9672
Joined  2007-11-06
GigaBeat - 31 May 2012 09:15 PM

Grrrr now I’m really pissed off with/by the store.
Yesterday pages were slow to load and so gave up shopping out of frustration.
Today all the items that were on sale yesterday are no longer on sale.
Some sales items prices have increased. Yesterday they were lower.
Some pages now states site closed for maintenance. Feel like throttling that little green alien.
Did Daz hire the programers responsible for Windows Vista or what?

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale, so I think they turned them all off while they correct things.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-01-12

back here after four weeks because I wanted to use my platinum voucher .... nothing works ... can’t buy anything

New Problem??

Hi Daz, don’t you want my money? I have to set up a new credit card - but I can’t, because there is no “country” to select (I come from Germany) on the credit card profile side - so no credit card, no chance to buy anything ...

Please Fix - and please re-issue my platinum voucher next month again because your website prevents me from using it this month ...

16 of 91