11 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 29 May 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09

did I buy the same thing I already had?
I bought the   Pickup Truck
Item Number 7134 and when I installed it I thought it looked like i had a folder already with the same item in it in my runtime.
Do we not get a warning anymore when we are trying to buy the same thing we have already bought?
Love esther

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14272
Joined  2003-10-09
Byrdie - 28 May 2012 06:06 PM

It would appear the store still cannot tell that you have already bought an item — even if it’s a freebie. I just put the Genesis Bracers in my cart (because it came up in the New Items) then wondered if I hadn’t already downloaded it. Lo and behold, I had, just yesterday. But not a peep out of the store software about having already purchased this product.

This was something that it was known would not be working on launch, it isn’t a bug. As a result I wouldn’t expect it to change until the main bug-swatting is done.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 May 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09

I also want to easily select only to see poser compatible products.
Love esther

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2011-05-15

Has anyone tried buying anything via DAZ since the revamp? I tried completing a check out twice and both times it kicked back to the original page after I’d already typed in my Paypal password. I don’t want to keep trying just in case it’s charging me.

I then tried to send in a support ticket and that still seems to be down. :\

Signature 

Patron the creation of Outstanding Pajamas: http://www.patreon.com/BCRice

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15947
Joined  2003-10-09

Merging this post with the Official thread about this sort of issue

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-05-15

I love how I call DAZ and ask them if they’re having any issues regarding purchasing items and they’re like, “No, call Paypal it must be on their end.” And then here we have an entire thread on purchasing issues.

:sigh:

btw—contacted paypal. Of course the issue is on DAZ’s end.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-05-15

So my issue is fixed apparently—but beware it’s still kinda funky. After my purchase finally went through, they still sent me back to the Checkout page again with the item I’d just purchased still loaded.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2005-07-23

Hi Chohole,

I am very confused how the log in works.

Today I used an email link to get to the Forums. I tried to log in but got about 100 lines of error code. Never happened before. It took several tries before the system accepted my log in. From the Forums I clicked on my Account and expected to get another log in box to verify who I am. But nothing happened. I could freely move around from Forum to my Account and the Store.

This doesn’t seem very secure since members are addressed by user names that are not their own. So once someone else is loged in and is suddenly called pinkdaisy, this person can actually access all my account info. With the extra Account log in missing one has to cross once fingers and hope that all members are honest. I am checking my bank account every day to check for you know what.

What is going on Chohole? This is not “State Of The Art Security” DAZ is mentioning again and again. This is an open invitation to hackers.

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31
BC Rice - 29 May 2012 10:06 AM

Has anyone tried buying anything via DAZ since the revamp? I tried completing a check out twice and both times it kicked back to the original page after I’d already typed in my Paypal password. I don’t want to keep trying just in case it’s charging me.

I then tried to send in a support ticket and that still seems to be down. :\

I bought some items yesterday with credit card, no problems.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

Thank you for being patient with us. The Support Ticket System that we use Zendesk is now functional.

This is the preferred method to contact our Sales and Customer Support teams.

Here is how you create a support ticket:
  Go to DAZ3D.com
  Select the Help Tab
  Contact Us
  Submit a Help Request

You can also browse the Knowledge Base. This contains many articles that are frequently asked.

Here is a link to the Contact Us page:  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

Please DO NOT use the email address that was provided while we were down.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14272
Joined  2003-10-09

If you have entered your credentials (user name and password) or accessed a secure area of the site within the last twenty minutes the store should not prompt you again for a log in. That as true on the old site and is true here, as far as I know.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_bfurner - 29 May 2012 10:55 AM

Thank you for being patient with us. The Support Ticket System that we use Zendesk is now functional.

This is the preferred method to contact our Sales and Customer Support teams.

Here is how you create a support ticket:
  Go to DAZ3D.com
  Select the Help Tab
  Contact Us
  Submit a Help Request

You can also browse the Knowledge Base. This contains many articles that are frequently asked.

Here is a link to the Contact Us page:  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

Please DO NOT use the email address that was provided while we were down.

If we have already sent an email that hasn’t been answered do we have to send the request again using zendesk

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2004-02-13

I have now updated my post to this thread with some more details and also updated the contact info now that ZenDesk is back up smile

Anyone having a serial number issue with Free Bryce, Hex, or DAZ Studio please see the very first post in this thread for the serial numbers smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-05-29

I am exceedingly angry.

Taking my money and refusing to supply the goods is incompetent and unforgivable.

Please inform me as to what date you folks will get your s**t together.  I want to know.  I have a right to know.  You have my money.  Enjoy. I am not.

Will I ever receive a reply to my emails about incomplete orders?

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2005-07-23
Richard Haseltine - 29 May 2012 11:44 AM

If you have entered your credentials (user name and password) or accessed a secure area of the site within the last twenty minutes the store should not prompt you again for a log in. That as true on the old site and is true here, as far as I know.

How quickly things are forgotten. On the old site I was never able to access my Account, Cart, and Wishlist without a second log in for SECURITY REASONS. After that I had approx 20 minutes to move around freely.

I assume that members do log in using their personal credentials. Still some of them end up being somebody else. Once one is in another members Wishlist one can also access the account info. This was explained in detail by another member some time ago. I wouldn’t call this secure. How can this happen? Please, explain in detail.

O.T.
I have sent an email to Support to have my Credit Card info removed from the DAZ servers. With an email there is no longer a confirmation number for follow up. How do I no it will ever be read? How will I know that this issue will be dealt with in a timely manner? I no longer feel safe when I look at this incredible mess.

I just experienced the most disturbing action I have had so far.
I clicked on the the DAZ email link and ended up in my Account - showing loged in.
When I went to the forums I was loged out. When I tried to log in I got the message that I am not authorized to do so. When I clicked on the log out I was told I need to log in. Error message again. I actually don’t know anymore how I finally managed to get in without ending up in my Account and leaving the error message behind.

Richard, this is getting from bad to worse. Clicking on a Forum email link and being put directly into my Account without any questions asked is terrifying? It seems DAZ has lost total control over the site.

11 of 91