76 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 24 September 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5480
Joined  2006-02-20
Scoopey - 23 September 2012 07:22 AM

I hope the person responsible for moving the office is not the designer of this new site…..half the office could end up in Bermuda!! Lol!

Where have the filling cabinets got to?
I’m sorry sir we are working on the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience but you will get your filling cabinets sorted in the next week. In the means time do not hesitate to contact our moving department!!!

You forgot the word soon ... wink

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 24 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1127 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2004-08-04

It’s official…I probably dropped about $50 into products I already owned. Can someone from DAZ explain why the failsafe that prevented this from happening was removed?

Posted: 24 September 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1128 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
darkforceprime - 24 September 2012 08:07 AM

It’s official…I probably dropped about $50 into products I already owned. Can someone from DAZ explain why the failsafe that prevented this from happening was removed?

It’s because they said the “new wonderful software” doesn’t support that failsafe feature anymore, like it doesn’t support so many of the helpful features we used to have around the site :( I don’t recall if I seen it mentioned where they will be trying to add that back in or not so who knows if we’ll get it back :(

Posted: 24 September 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1129 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

They mentioned they will get it back, but that there are things with a higher priority ... downer

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 25 September 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1130 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2003-10-09

Yup like annoying the loyal customers…here have some vouchers…NOT!

Posted: 25 September 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1131 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5108
Joined  2005-04-16

Anybody else notice today’s freebie has two files that are the same name?  Is there any QA done before releasing these things?  Even simply checking that there is only one file with each filename?  That seems a pretty simple one.  How does that even happen?  My file system won’t let me name a file the same exact filename as something that is already there…it doesn’t matter if the file sizes are different.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 25 September 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1132 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16

I don’t know if others are having this problem or have seen it mentioned by anybody else, but the forum keeps preventing me from posting in certain threads (see screenshot).  The thread in question this time is located in the Members Only forum (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/4990/). At 4:30pm PST I tried to reply to a response somebody posted for me and I get the following: “Error Message:  Unable to receive your submission at this time”.  I posted in another topic just fine though, so I came back to try and post my reply again in the other thread and still get the error and it is now 30 minutes since I first tried and it’s still happening.  I had this exact same problem a month or two ago as well. :(

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1133 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3343
Joined  2012-02-06

I’ve had that happen when I tried to make a post that consisted entirely of an emoticon (I guess a smiley is not worth a thousand words). If that’s the case, add some text, or at minimum, a period and you should be fine. I think I have also heard of this happening if someone is trying to make a post that’s the same text as a previous post of theirs, but I’m not sure about that one.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1134 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16

The post I was trying to make was at least a full decent sized sentence :(  I forget the exact wording now, but it involved thanking somebody for posting the file size info for today’s freebie and complaining that it was a tad too big for my dialup connection do :( 

I never make a post unless I plan on writing out a handful of words at least… pages take too long to load on dialup for me to just post an emoticon LoL :(  It was the same last time this happened also. I believe it was the exact same topic I tried to post in and another thank you note when it did it to me last time also.

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1135 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
atryeu - 25 September 2012 07:48 PM

The post I was trying to make was at least a full decent sized sentence :(  I forget the exact wording now, but it involved thanking somebody for posting the file size info for today’s freebie and complaining that it was a tad too big for my dialup connection do :( 

I never make a post unless I plan on writing out a handful of words at least… pages take too long to load on dialup for me to just post an emoticon LoL :(  It was the same last time this happened also. I believe it was the exact same topic I tried to post in and another thank you note when it did it to me last time also.

Was today’s freebie only supposed to be one file?  I have two PC files and two Mac files in my downloads.  But both versions have the same file names twice.

Tomorrow will be 19 weeks of this “fun”!  angry 

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1136 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16

No idea, it’s too big for me to download :(  The extent of my knowledge about the freebie is that the PC file is 58.6mb. It’s just right at the edge for me of being too big to grab on my speed *sigh*

Posted: 25 September 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1137 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
atryeu - 25 September 2012 08:13 PM

No idea, it’s too big for me to download :(  The extent of my knowledge about the freebie is that the PC file is 58.6mb. It’s just right at the edge for me of being too big to grab on my speed *sigh*

Sounds like one file, then, and seems about right for what I have.  If that’s so, then they’ve got more troubles with the downloads page, showing things twice.  I wish they’d fix the real problems instead of giving us more pretty interface things.  I don’t care how pretty it looks if it doesn’t work!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 25 September 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1138 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ll second that!

Posted: 26 September 2012 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

I’ve only two files - one mac, one pc.
Looks like it was fixed ...

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1140 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4411
Joined  2004-08-11

OK.. I understand the move and all but come on, what are they doing to the web site?  I feel like I’m back on a dial up this whole day so far.  I’m not bothering coming here till late on… it’s just too annoying waiting a full minute for a page to load up… that’s just ridiculous!  cool mad

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

76 of 91