Digital Art Zone

74 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 18 September 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1096 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09

Gift Cards stopped working properly in the transition to our new shopping cart.  We had to temporarily disable them.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  We do realized this is a necessary feature and will reactivate Gift Cards as soon as we have them working properly.  Thank you for all of the Gift Certificate posts.

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1097 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5493
Joined  2005-04-16
DAZ_Jeff - 18 September 2012 11:56 AM

Gift Cards stopped working properly in the transition to our new shopping cart.  We had to temporarily disable them.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  We do realized this is a necessary feature and will reactivate Gift Cards as soon as we have them working properly.  Thank you for all of the Gift Certificate posts.

Shouldn’t that be something that comes standard as part of this very expensive store software?  I would think at least that would work correctly, that’s a basic thing.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1098 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09
DanaTA - 18 September 2012 12:35 PM

Shouldn’t that be something that comes standard as part of this very expensive store software?  I would think at least that would work correctly, that’s a basic thing.

Dana

You would think that for all the money and effort DAZ has spent on this new solution.  raspberry   We will have them back soon.

Posted: 18 September 2012 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1099 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

This store is horrendous!

I just added the new freebie, the HLA Book, to my cart.  Then I clicked on my cart to check out, and it says it’s empty.  Sure enough, it says My Cart (0).  So I figured, maybe the click didn’t take, but I do remember seeing the message that it was added to my cart.  I try again anyway.  Still notihing in the cart, but now I have the message that

The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1.

What the hell?  Tomorrow will have been 18 weeks since this new stable   hmmm  store went live.  A brick and mortar store would be out of business by now with all these problems!

Dana

Image Attachments
Cant_Add_To_Cart.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1100 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2356
Joined  2007-12-07
DanaTA - 18 September 2012 12:50 PM

I just added the new freebie, the HLA Book, to my cart.  Then I clicked on my cart to check out, and it says it’s empty.  Sure enough, it says My Cart (0).  So I figured, maybe the click didn’t take, but I do remember seeing the message that it was added to my cart.  I try again anyway.  Still notihing in the cart, but now I have the message that

What the hell?  Tomorrow will have been 18 weeks since this new stable   hmmm  store went live.  A brick and mortar store would be out of business by now with all these problems!

Dana

Be very, VERY sure you are logged in before adding the freebie to cart (just because you are logged in in the forums does not mean you are in the store, or so it seems).  Same thing happened to be with another freebie a week or so back, despite me thinking I was logged in.
Just added the HLA Book to my car and it went in fine.

If you ensure you are logged in (even going so far as logging out and back in) you should see the item in your cart.  Failing that, add a non-freebie item then remove it before you get to the actual paying stage.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 18 September 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1101 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
SimonJM - 18 September 2012 01:31 PM
DanaTA - 18 September 2012 12:50 PM

Dana

Be very, VERY sure you are logged in before adding the freebie to cart (just because you are logged in in the forums does not mean you are in the store, or so it seems).  Same thing happened to be with another freebie a week or so back, despite me thinking I was logged in.
Just added the HLA Book to my car and it went in fine.

If you ensure you are logged in (even going so far as logging out and back in) you should see the item in your cart.  Failing that, add a non-freebie item then remove it before you get to the actual paying stage.

Did you take a good look at the image I posted?  It clearly shows that I am logged in.  As a matter of fact, I just logged in before placing it into my cart.  It was a matter of seconds.

And I am offered yet another work-around.  This stuff should work correctly the first time.  We shouldn’t have to go through these acrobatics just to get something into our cart.  Instead of making things all pretty on the interface (the newest being the hover screen that pops up when you hover your mouse over the “Shop” menu option) they should make these basic things work correctly.  I am a programmer.  A manager I used to have had a saying, up on his wall in the office all the time:

Development rules:
1. Make it work
2. Make it work fast
3. Then make it pretty!

Dana

finally got the quote to work.  I guess you can’t put a name in quotes inside the tag anymore unless the software does it for you?  My manager’s name was Ted.

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1102 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Why doesn’t the damned quote tag work right now?  I put an [ / quote ] after the quoted text, but it isn’t working.  Does anything work right in here?

Dana

Never mind…I pounded into submission.

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1103 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Wow!  Last night I was getting 150KB/sec download speed (if you want to call that speed, maybe for a turtle it’s speed).  Just now, 1MB/sec.  What a difference!  And at 4:00 pm.  I would think there was less strain on the server in the wee hours of the morning than at 4 in the afternoon!  confused

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1104 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15635
Joined  2003-10-09
DanaTA - 18 September 2012 01:54 PM

Why doesn’t the damned quote tag work right now?  I put an [ / quote ] after the quoted text, but it isn’t working.  Does anything work right in here?

Dana

Quote works just fine, as does the freebie, as long as you are logged in. When you get the message that you can only have 1, that normally happens because the first one was put in the cart before you logged in.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1105 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
chohole - 18 September 2012 02:06 PM

Dana

Quote works just fine, as does the freebie, as long as you are logged in. When you get the message that you can only have 1, that normally happens because the first one was put in the cart before you logged in.

Thank you, but in my post I put the code for quote, along with my manager’s name, and it just didn’t work!  I put:

[quote="Ted"]the text of the quote[/quote] 

The end quote tag just wouldn’t stay in there, even though I could see it when I edited.  It just wouldn’t work.  I ended up clearing the quote tags and clicking on the quote button in the tool bar above.  I got my quote, but with no person’s name of course.  As I look up right now, I see that maybe you have to use the author= attribute.  Nothing in this site works like the other one…or like anything that is considered standard in forums everywhere.

People wouldn’t be having troubles with the cart if the site didn’t keep logging us out at every click!  I was logged in, I had just checked my account profile.  I was logged in

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1106 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2356
Joined  2007-12-07
DanaTA - 18 September 2012 02:21 PM
chohole - 18 September 2012 02:06 PM

Dana

Thank you, but in my post I put the code for quote, along with my manager’s name, and it just didn’t work!  I put:

[quote="Ted"]the text of the quote[/quote] 

The end quote tag just wouldn’t stay in there, even though I could see it when I edited.  It just wouldn’t work.  I ended up clearing the quote tags and clicking on the quote button in the tool bar above.  I got my quote, but with no person’s name of course.  As I look up right now, I see that maybe you have to use the author= attribute.  Nothing in this site works like the other one…or like anything that is considered standard in forums everywhere.

People wouldn’t be having troubles with the cart if the site didn’t keep logging us out at every click!  I was logged in, I had just checked my account profile.  I was logged in

Dana

The [ quote ] tag seems to want timestamp too - I seem to recall hitting this myself a while back.

And yes, I agree with all you have said about the logging in and the not being added to the cart except it is malarkey.  I still cannot believe people actually pay for this Magento software.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1107 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2004-08-04

Quick question. What is the scoop with the alert for ‘already purchased’ not working?

I ended up with a double.

...and I have a good excuse. I have a crappy memory.

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  288
Joined  2009-08-11

cool smile  I was very pleased to see in “My Downloadable Products” on the My Account page that I had a bunch of downloads that where still there and didn’t expire.  If that’s because I’ve not downloaded them and it’s a new feature, that’s great!  (For a while I wasn’t bothering and figured I’d need to backtrack later.)  If it’s an error that they’re still there. . . please don’t fix it.  tongue wink  

I really like that one.  cheese 

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1109 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

We need a way to manually clear the list though if it is a new feature and not a glitch (the download list not clearing)... I have nearly 200 things on my download list right now and the oldest is that Smartphone freebie (I forget when that was released but it’s been awhile).

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1110 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10578
Joined  2005-10-07
DAZ_Jeff - 18 September 2012 11:56 AM

Thanks.

the RDNA has a nice gc feature, it can take the spare change, not just 0 dollar amounts.  maybe, that feature can be added to the daz gc when the programmers get to working on it?

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

74 of 91