Digital Art Zone

71 of 91
SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Posted: 07 September 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1051 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem with the forum display. When someone has attached several pictures in their post, the display on my computer of the thread page suddenly needs humongous amounts of horizontal scrolling.

Is this a problem that others are experiencing, or am I the only one? I’m using IE 7.0.5730.13 ( & please, don’t tell me to just update it—I’m typing this from a company computer, so I’m pretty much stuck with what I’ve got ).

If it’s just me, I wonder if there’s some settings I can adjust in the browser that can fix it (I can adjust some settings, provided they don’t adversely affect the computer security)?

Or is this an issue that’s affecting the forum & is still being worked on?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Image Attachments
untitled.JPG

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1052 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08
Ryuu@AMcCF - 07 September 2012 07:05 AM

. . . I’m using IE 7.0.5730.13 ( & please, don’t tell me to just update it—I’m typing this from a company computer, so I’m pretty much stuck with what I’ve got ) . . .

Just an FYI, though:  portable apps can run off of a USB jump drive without needing to be installed on a given computer (so you don’t need install rights) — you could give Firefox Portable a shot, see if that helps.  But I haven’t had that problem, nor anything close to it.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1053 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
KickAir 8P - 05 September 2012 11:46 AM
KickAir 8P - 04 September 2012 01:12 PM
Kerya - 31 August 2012 12:56 AM
DAZ_bfurner - 30 August 2012 01:53 PM
KickAir 8P - 30 August 2012 01:46 PM
chohole - 30 August 2012 01:38 PM

Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.

Do we have an ETR?!?  Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending.  With the PA sale going on this is an issue — it’s not like I can wait to put a week’s worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day.  mad

We don’t know how long it will take to pass QA. When it’s solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don’t have an ETA.

Well ... this will save me money. NO PA sale for me.
*shrugs*

Now I’ve only got a couple bucks of store credit left.  Is there an ETR yet?  Can I open a support ticket so they can charge my credit card for store credit manually?  Or do I have to take ::dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!:: drastic steps?

Had a better idea!  It’s gonna be a lot more time-consuming than a gift card since it requires waiting for my Support Request to be worked, but with any luck I’ll end up with enough DAZ store credit for the rest of the sale:  I’ve just bought an item priced roughly the same amount as I would’ve bought a gift card for.  I then opened a Support Request to return the product for store creditcool smile  Lightbulb moment, yeah?

Do we have an ETR on Gift Cards yet?

This seemed like a much better idea two days ago . . . my req hasn’t been touched yet.  downer  Hope they get to it before the weekend!

Image Attachments
screenshot.07-09-2012_09_.41_.43-g1_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1054 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2007-06-22

My support ticket about my PC membership hasn’t been done yet either, so I still can’t access the PC forums or buy the PC items at PC prices or use this months voucher.

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1055 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
scorpio64dragon - 07 September 2012 08:15 AM

My support ticket about my PC membership hasn’t been done yet either, so I still can’t access the PC forums or buy the PC items at PC prices or use this months voucher.

Mine is — Britney came through, all done now!  I’ve got enough store credit to (hopefully!) see me through both the PA sale and the PlatClub Anniversary.  Y’think six weeks is enough time for DAZ to get the darned gift cards fixed?  rolleyes  If not, I can do this again . . .

Signature 

~

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1056 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

I hope they get it fixed before the end of the month or I guess I’m not buying anything next month which will make me very mad… it’s the entire reason I renewed my membership last year and if I can’t buy anything during the sale I’m not renewing again. It’ll have been a complete waste of money for somebody who doesn’t have any kind of income and doesn’t have $70 to waste for nothing each year :(

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1057 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3488
Joined  2012-02-06
scorpio64dragon - 07 September 2012 08:15 AM

How long ago did you submit it? I had the same issue on 8/31 and submitted a ticket that day. I got a response on 9/5 (though the problem had already been solved by then…not sure how or by whom).

When you check the status of the ticket, is it still listed as pending?

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1058 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2007-06-22

It has been addressed. Britney fixed it and gave me a complimentary month - unfortunately, I am now due to renew on 10/07/12 whereas I was paid up to 10/20/12, so i have actually lost a couple of weeks, I’ve sent another note but to be honest this is such a mess.
Apparently its happened to several people and emails were sent out - I just didn’t get one.
It also seems that you have to have a CC to pay for membership, she did mention that the GC system would be back up and running.

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1059 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5445
Joined  2005-04-16
scorpio64dragon - 07 September 2012 12:09 PM

...It also seems that you have to have a CC to pay for membership, she did mention that the GC system would be back up and running.

This is still an issue?  I don’t get it.  PayPal merely transfers money from one entity to another.  Why should it matter what the product is?  My membership is up in May.  If they haven’t reinstated PayPal as a method for paying for annual renewals, I will let it drop.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1060 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
DanaTA - 07 September 2012 12:17 PM

...It also seems that you have to have a CC to pay for membership, she did mention that the GC system would be back up and running.

This is still an issue?  I don’t get it.  PayPal merely transfers money from one entity to another.  Why should it matter what the product is?  My membership is up in May.  If they haven’t reinstated PayPal as a method for paying for annual renewals, I will let it drop.

IIRC, some payment services have a time-to-delivery requirement in their terms, like within 30 days of taking payment you have to have delivered the product — annual membership fees (where the product isn’t fully delivered for a year) violate the terms.

Signature 

~

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1061 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
KickAir 8P - 07 September 2012 12:49 PM

IIRC, some payment services have a time-to-delivery requirement in their terms, like within 30 days of taking payment you have to have delivered the product — annual membership fees (where the product isn’t fully delivered for a year) violate the terms.

PayPal was the method of choice for the past several years.  In fact, it was the only way we could do annual renewals in the past.  I don’t think PayPal will have changed that suddenly.  It was the new store software that DAZ blamed for the lack of using PayPal for the annual renewals at first.  I’m just waiting for an explanation and a note that it’s fixed.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1062 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2003-10-09

Were we not told months ago that Daz was going to extented every PC member’s expiration date by one month?  I seem to recall reading that, but cannot locate it now.

I have asked in a support ticket, but did not receive an answer and the ticket was closed.  Not having the GCs available is a real pain also.

Signature 

A fool and her money are soon .....Hey!  Where’s my purse?

Old Post Count:  1110

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1063 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
DanaTA - 07 September 2012 01:26 PM
KickAir 8P - 07 September 2012 12:49 PM

PayPal was the method of choice for the past several years.  In fact, it was the only way we could do annual renewals in the past.  I don’t think PayPal will have changed that suddenly.  It was the new store software that DAZ blamed for the lack of using PayPal for the annual renewals at first.  I’m just waiting for an explanation and a note that it’s fixed.

Dana

It must have been quite a ways in the past. When I first switched to annual I caught it on a discount they did and I had a $50 prepaid visa card that paid for it, but the years since I have always paid by GC for annual by getting 3 different $25 prepaid cards spread out over a month or so and bought GC with them to pay for the membership. I’ve never used PayPal before.

If I do decide to renew in May (so far it’s not looking so good though), I hope GC are fixed and working for the membership payments again because I can’t afford to buy a $100 prepaid card to renew with -_-

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1064 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5715
Joined  2006-02-20
foxylady - 07 September 2012 04:34 PM

Were we not told months ago that Daz was going to extented every PC member’s expiration date by one month?  I seem to recall reading that, but cannot locate it now.

I have asked in a support ticket, but did not receive an answer and the ticket was closed.  Not having the GCs available is a real pain also.

As far as I remember they said that all those that had troubles will get a free month. Obviously it is up to Daz to decide who had troubles ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 08 September 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1065 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
atryeu - 07 September 2012 07:35 PM

It must have been quite a ways in the past. When I first switched to annual I caught it on a discount they did and I had a $50 prepaid visa card that paid for it, but the years since I have always paid by GC for annual by getting 3 different $25 prepaid cards spread out over a month or so and bought GC with them to pay for the membership. I’ve never used PayPal before.

If I do decide to renew in May (so far it’s not looking so good though), I hope GC are fixed and working for the membership payments again because I can’t afford to buy a $100 prepaid card to renew with -_-

I just renewed in the last PC sale.  OK, I guess they accepted GC’s as well, but wouldn’t use CC’s for it.  The point is, it was allowed less than a year ago, and years before that.  So it’s not PayPal, it’s something with this new software…which I still can’t understand because we can pay for any other things here with PayPal.

Dana

Signature 

71 of 91