Digital Art Zone

1 of 15
Black November
Posted: 13 November 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18

Did I miss something or did this start today? I just now noticed the link in the website header.

*goes shopping*

Interestingly they have “door busters” where only the first 100 can get the item at the advertised price. I’ll save my pennies for a good deal.

Todays bundle aint too bad but really has random stuff in it. I would like the demongirly but can live without.

And PC members save 40% too.

At least they are doing something interesting.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2009-08-07

I would have bought it, but I already own most of the draw items in that bundle. There’s also a deal where you can get freebies if you spend >$30 on Daz Originals and there are also some PA items in Fastgrab.

All good things. Will be following with interest! grin

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zetabella Publishing!

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

I don’t have much stuff in that bundle only one item, but I only really want one piece of it so it’s pointless. I still have my monthly discount thingy to use as well.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

Looks like they sold out of the door buster already…It’s up to $108..before it was like $16 with discount, $30 without. That was fast….

Edit: Hope they don’t plan to just leave it there forever, page needs an update already. Kinda like fastgrab of old.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4680
Joined  2011-11-25

I would’ve liked a few hairs in there, but… I wasn’t chomping at the bit for the rest of the stuff so I passed. The daily deal, did have Ron’s blood… Which I may someday have a use for, and at 2 dollars I can afford it.

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

It’s not about what I can afford anymore, it’s about how much I can spend before I get caught.

I tease. I’m holding my pennies.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2007-08-14
larsmidnatt - 13 November 2012 02:52 PM

Looks like they sold out of the door buster already…It’s up to $108..before it was like $16 with discount, $30 without. That was fast….

Edit: Hope they don’t plan to just leave it there forever, page needs an update already. Kinda like fastgrab of old.

I love these arbitrary limitations of availability on digital goods, they make so much sense. And it’s so much fun too, failing to be there on time and seeing what you missed.

All sales should be like this!

(Spoiler alert: some sarcasm was used in the production of this post)

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2012-04-14

Oh well it looks like I’ll be spend my money over on rdna. Those freebies are no use to me and working means I’ll like miss all these limited sales.

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
araneldon - 13 November 2012 03:03 PM

I love these arbitrary limitations of availability on digital goods, they make so much sense. And it’s so much fun too, failing to be there on time and seeing what you missed.

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn’t mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network.

But in this case it’s pretty sad because the page states it was last updated Nov 13th, which means they plan to update on Nov 14th.  and I know that means for another 20 hours or so the page will be out of date. not exciting.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

Ok it’s back up again but now its more money than before. was 16 bucks now its 27. So I guess thats why they took it off sale so they could fix the price.

At $16 i was mildly tempted, at $27 I’m laughing.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1780
Joined  2009-08-08

I can wait for the new hair to reach the store so I can have a decent look at it. I’m not that big on anime hair anyway.

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2003-10-09

Yep, I saw it change 3 times in less than 2 minutes of page refreshing. The problem with this type of sale is who knows when the item will be posted… I would wish they’d state “new doorbuster posted at 3 pm Eastern (or something like that). It also messes up people living where it’s night time right now… :(

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
Nester751 - 13 November 2012 03:17 PM

Yep, I saw it change 3 times in less than 2 minutes of page refreshing. The problem with this type of sale is who knows when the item will be posted… I would wish they’d state “new doorbuster posted at 3 pm Eastern (or something like that). It also messes up people living where it’s night time right now… :(

I can see that being an issue too.

I’ve noticed they have changed the copy multiple times too. They added a line about how the price won’t be cheaper with PC discount. Then they bolded it and put it in red.

They need to stop working on the live site while people are shopping, bad user experience…

EDIT: now they tweaked the formatting lol.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2007-08-14
larsmidnatt - 13 November 2012 03:07 PM

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn’t mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network.

I know, but the regular prices are so high that it’s practically the same as removing them from the store as far as I’m concerned.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08

On the one hand, I’m impressed that they started this on the 13th of the month, Friday or no Friday.  On the other, “all month long” when we’re almost halfway through the month rings a bit false.  And then there’s this: 

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn’t mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network . . .

I’m catching a whiff of “didn’t think it through” here, especially since today’s bundle is all previously-released content that I either already have or don’t want.  So, lets say tomorrow’s comes up and its got stuff in it that I do want.  Do I check through my spreadsheet to see what in the bundle I’ve got already and calculate whether or not it’s worth it to rebuy stuff for the lower price on the rest?  Of course not!  I slam it into the cart and buy it as fast as possible the spit-second I realize I might want it — I have to do it that way, otherwise I’ll probably miss out on the deal.  Then I check it over.  If it turns out it’s a bad bargain for me after all I’ll return it, but I’ll have still burned one of the 100 slots, preventing some other customer from getting the deal and preventing DAZ from getting the money, by doing nothing more than what the sales structure requires.  Nice going, marketing DAZzlers!  shut eye

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  655
Joined  2011-02-03
KickAir 8P - 13 November 2012 03:39 PM

On the one hand, I’m impressed that they started this on the 13th of the month, Friday or no Friday.  On the other, “all month long” when we’re almost halfway through the month rings a bit false.  And then theres this: 

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn’t mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network . . .

I’m catching a whiff of “didn’t think it through” from this, especially since today’s bundle is all previously-released content that I either already have or don’t want.  So, lets say tomorrow’s comes up and its got stuff in it that I do want.  Do I check through my spreadsheet to see what in the bundle I’ve got already and calculate whether or not it’s worth it to rebuy stuff for the lower price on the rest?  Of course not!  I slam it into the cart and buy it as fast as possible the spit-second I realize I might want it — I have to do it that way, otherwise I’ll probably miss out on the deal.  Then I check it over.  If it turns out it’s a bad bargain for me after all I’ll return it, but I’ll have still burned one of the 100 slots, preventing some other customer from getting the deal and preventing DAZ from getting the money, by doing nothing more than what the sales structure requires.  Nice going, marketing DAZzlers!  shut eye

I just got my e-mail and it was already up to 27 dollars then.. It’s nothing I particularly want and only two items in there that I would mildly be interested in and two I already have so it would be cheaper for me to buy the items individually. But that’s ok it might be an awesome deal for someone else. I did hit the fast grab for the demon and the freebie I like freebies even if I don’t think I will ever use them i download them just in case I might be able to re-purpose them someday.

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/68
My deviantART http://kitashrak.deviantart.com/

1 of 15