Digital Art Zone

5 of 18
Status of those having issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 03 June 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-03-28
chohole - 03 June 2012 07:40 AM

Zendesk tickets are actually being processed pretty rapidly,  considering the volume that is being submitted.

Hmmm, I would disagree with this based on first hand experience, Cho.

I put in a ticket that had not even been assigned within 48 hours… Had not even been looked at and it was for a crashing I was experiencing. Kraig told me point blank they were swamped to the point of failing to acknowledge tickets within 48 hours.

And Richard, I would say the variety off issues cropping up means there are systemic problems in the way the program has been implemented in the store.

Issues that indicate such:
1) Failure to process actual memberships.
2) Of the membership that have successfully processed, failure to provide program benefits such as members only access in the forums.

The coupon falls under item number two, though that is technically not a true technical issue. However, if you cannot access the forums, how can you access the coupon upon release?

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2011-05-27

Very well Richard, I’ll open another ticket.  I’m really concerned that the suit will go off sale before this gets resolved though.

angry

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 03 June 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9620
Joined  2007-11-06
Lilliana - 03 June 2012 08:33 AM

Zendesk tickets are actually being processed pretty rapidly,  considering the volume that is being submitted.

I put in a ticket that had not even been assigned within 48 hours… Had not even been looked at and it was for a crashing I was experiencing. Kraig told me point blank they were swamped to the point of failing to acknowledge tickets within 48 hours.

You say “assigned”—are you referring to bugtracker reports, or Zendesk tickets.  Customer support is handled through Zendesk, the bugtracker is for development to know about issues.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-03-28

Zen desk for Technical support on a product. Nothing I’ve run into warrants a Bug report.

fixmypcmike - 03 June 2012 09:29 AM
Lilliana - 03 June 2012 08:33 AM

You say “assigned”—are you referring to bugtracker reports, or Zendesk tickets.  Customer support is handled through Zendesk, the bugtracker is for development to know about issues.

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7979
Joined  2006-03-19

Even if you don’t think it warrants a bug report. Please look through the list and see if anyone else has reported it. If so you can add a note to it saying “I can confirm this, Its doing it ...” Every little bit of information can help the web team narrow down the exact problem.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2006-08-21
fixmypcmike - 02 June 2012 07:48 PM
booksbydavid - 02 June 2012 05:50 PM

OK, since this whole new website thing began, I’ve been listed in My Subscriptions as a canceled monthly member and now a canceled yearly member. I am and have been for years an annual subscriber to the PC. I have not canceled anything. I have been accessing the Members only forum and I still see the PC 1.99 prices on the few PC items I can find. I did put in support ticket on this. Until today I have not been able to use the ‘edit’ function in the My Subscriptions thingy. Before today, if I tried to click on the edit I would be sent to a page of nonsense error text. Now, it seems the ‘edit’ function is working, but I’m afraid to do anything. It says my account has indeed been canceled and that I can reactivate if I click. I’m afraid of what might happen if I click anything. Can someone please advise. Should I click to reactivate an account I never canceled or leave it for support to deal with (eventually)?

Since you have access I would leave it alone.

Good idea. Thanks.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-09-15

I am wondering if my inability to view the members only forum is because the new site has changed my user name? The username that shows on my posts and is in my profile has never been used on this site. So I am wondering where daz got the name from. I have used this name on another site but never here.

________
Sarge

Signature 

_______
Sarge

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7979
Joined  2006-03-19

You are not in the PC member group according to your profile so that is one reason you can’t see it. Please submit a ticket so they can get it fixed asap if you haven’t already. It is a common problem at the moment.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17085
Joined  2003-10-09
sarge1948 - 03 June 2012 11:06 AM

I am wondering if my inability to view the members only forum is because the new site has changed my user name? The username that shows on my posts and is in my profile has never been used on this site. So I am wondering where daz got the name from. I have used this name on another site but never here.

________
Sarge

You might want to drop a PM to Richard about that problem.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Okay… so where did the member’s forums go? The store was down for a bit couple of days ago and when they came up the members forums were gone, and I still don’t see them. I get shown the PC prices on things… but I do not see the forums…

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16

Sunfire: At the top of the page, can you go to Community - Forums - Members Only and find it?

Posted: 03 June 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
atryeu - 03 June 2012 11:53 AM

Sunfire: At the top of the page, can you go to Community - Forums - Members Only and find it?

Find it, yes… get to it… No.

The following errors were encountered

You are not authorized to view this forum

Posted: 03 June 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1244
Joined  2008-03-30

Can I post about a platinum club pricing issue here?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1311/#13617

cheers grin

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 03 June 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15747
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 03 June 2012 11:14 AM
sarge1948 - 03 June 2012 11:06 AM

________
Sarge

You might want to drop a PM to Richard about that problem.

Yes, please send me a PM with what the name should be, and perhaps an alternative in case a new account has been opened that uses it in the meantime. A lot of names that were changed by the forum team or by the member in question seem to have reverted to their original setting with the shift to the new system, I’ve been fixing them as they’ve been noticed or reported.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 03 June 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2006-09-05
Richard Haseltine - 03 June 2012 12:43 PM

A lot of names that were changed by the forum team or by the member in question seem to have reverted to their original setting with the shift to the new system

That shouldn’t be possible in a database-driven system unless the database implementation is messed up. The primary key for a member’s account is their email address. The username is an attribute that should only be used for display purposes (such as in these forums). Once the database record is modified and the change committed, the only way for it to revert is for someone or some process to have invoked a rollback. That is normally only done in extreme circumstances and if something has irretrievably corrupted the database and you need to restart from a known good position. The act of rolling back will also cause other issues, such as PC memberships going haywire.

If I was trying to resolve these problems, I’d be looking very closely at database change logs.

5 of 18