7 of 10
The Historical Closet Thread
Posted: 05 October 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2216
Joined  2005-09-05
Baglet - 05 October 2012 01:53 PM

I’ve had a try at Auto-Fitting the V3 DNA Empire dress. It works up to a point but loses all the shaping and movement morphs. The Morphing Gown seems to mess up on the sleeves as it loses the sleeve bones.

Not sure if I’m doing it all correctly. I’m still running DS 4 not 4.5 so it may have improved. I held back as so many of the add-ons were not working but that’s probably fixed now.

that would explain why I found the sleeves difficult to pose using the morphs…lol

I don’t have the dna empire dress so can’t try it, but the morphs are now still there when you autofit since at least 4.5 maybe even earlier. Sorry I can’t remember…still waking up.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 October 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23

@Baglet: That shoe is beautiful! smile

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 06 October 2012 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15325
Joined  2003-10-09
Zaarin - 05 October 2012 06:36 PM

Totally agree. Wonder if the style could catch on again.  rolleyes

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 06 October 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 06 October 2012 05:34 AM
Zaarin - 05 October 2012 06:36 PM

Totally agree. Wonder if the style could catch on again.  rolleyes

According to the museum, there was a revival of 17th and 18th century styles in the pre-WW1 period. It was known as the Duc de Guise style.

Image Attachments
ducdeguise1.jpg
 Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 06 October 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, but it lacks the added sole, which could be a precursor of more modern wedge heels.  Was what I was thinking.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge

Posted: 06 October 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 06 October 2012 08:38 AM

Yes, but it lacks the added sole, which could be a precursor of more modern wedge heels.  Was what I was thinking.

It must be the very early days of heels at least in W Europe. Though they were well into platform soles. These are the most ridiculous ones I’ve ever seen. Poor woman must have been lifted around or maybe just unable to move from the spot.

Image Attachments
chpine1.jpg
 Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 06 October 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Saves getting ones feet wet wile plodding around in the mud though lol

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Pendraia - 05 October 2012 02:19 PM

that would explain why I found the sleeves difficult to pose using the morphs…lol

I don’t have the dna empire dress so can’t try it, but the morphs are now still there when you autofit since at least 4.5 maybe even earlier. Sorry I can’t remember…still waking up.

Now have 4.5 installed and the morphs mostly work. I get some strange artifacts on renders at times. Vertical lines or sometimes blocks of colour. The DNA Empire line dress works fairly well.

Image Attachments
dna_emp1.jpg
 Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 07 October 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2003-10-09

Thought I would share my latest image:  based on a combination of several of Lucas Cranach’s portraits.  The brocade used in the trim is (I’m pretty sure…) the one on page 3 posted by Baglet.
I made the hat, dress and the feather shafts in MD.  The feather is made in Poser’s hair room.  The neck chains were made in Zbrush using the new IMM brush on a curve (which make is really easy to lay them out in any position I want, whether around a neck or hanging from her hand).
Snood hair, of course, under the hat.

Image Attachments
Cranach.jpg

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2010-03-01
Rosemaryr - 07 October 2012 04:53 PM

Thought I would share my latest image:  based on a combination of several of Lucas Cranach’s portraits.  The brocade used in the trim is (I’m pretty sure…) the one on page 3 posted by Baglet.
I made the hat, dress and the feather shafts in MD.  The feather is made in Poser’s hair room.  The neck chains were made in Zbrush using the new IMM brush on a curve (which make is really easy to lay them out in any position I want, whether around a neck or hanging from her hand).

Rosemaryr a very beautiful picture. I love it.

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2004-10-19

Stunning work!

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2216
Joined  2005-09-05
Baglet - 07 October 2012 11:50 AM
Pendraia - 05 October 2012 02:19 PM

Now have 4.5 installed and the morphs mostly work. I get some strange artifacts on renders at times. Vertical lines or sometimes blocks of colour. The DNA Empire line dress works fairly well.

Looks good…are the artifacts in the front of the skirt?  The main problem I’ve come across is stretching in the front of the skirt. If that’s the problem it’s easy to fix with the smoothing brush on the uv tab and then send it back and create an adjustment morph.

Rosemaryr what a stunning picture! You have done a fantastic job…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 08 October 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Absolutely gorgeous. 

I have got to learn how to use the Hair room.

Rosemaryr - 07 October 2012 04:53 PM

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 09 October 2012 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Gosh, that’s a beautiful dress. Nice to see the brocades in action. I need to get going on making things as I have several ideas in my head but want to try to make them conforming if possible. I’m creating ‘skins’ with coloured groups for to help with that.

Looks good…are the artifacts in the front of the skirt?

They’re all over the render. Like prison bars but in bright colours or large patches of one colour. Adjusting the detailed render options seems to get rid of them. I had no luck with the V3 classical set (or my V4 conversion) as the skirt split. There doesn’t seem to be an option for long skirts and knee-length causes problems. I’d imagine they will keep improving things as 4 to 4.5 had been good keeping the morphs. It might be better it they put front, back, left, right bones into skirts instead of leg bones - maybe an upper and lower set.

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 09 October 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2007-12-25

There’s always such cool stuff in this thread. smile

I don’t remember if I mentioned this earlier, but apparently we did lose some sub-pages and images when the Historical Closet wiki moved to Wikia, so if anyone would be willing to go check some of those links and maybe repost content…

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

7 of 10