Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Anyone have Lightwave? I have a quick favor to ask!
Posted: 14 November 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Sheesh…that old thing… cheese

Yeah, it looks great open…in fact I’ve got it converted into a prop with an open/close dial.  The pivot points of the four ‘arms’ aren’t exactly ‘right’, so they need a little adjustment to get it to work smoothly.

Image Attachments
sonic3.jpgsonic2.jpg
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2006-05-25
Jack Tomalin - 14 November 2012 12:58 AM

Lizzie - that render turned out pretty cool!  Who’s feet are those in the background? They don’t look too friendly wink

Thanks! That’s supposed to be Godzilla a.k.a. Kaiju the Giant Monster from the store though I’m thinking the Helligator would be more fitting… guess it depends on if I should go with a classic guy in a rubber suit Godzilla or the modern CGI Godzilla. smile I’ll have to find a subtle way to ask my friend which one he prefers. lol

Signature 

~Lizzie P.
Visit Dream 9 Studios for art, graphic novels, and more.
My RDNA Store | My Renderosity Store
Facebook | Twitter | deviantART

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3300
Joined  0
mjc1016 - 14 November 2012 01:05 AM

Yeah, it looks great open…in fact I’ve got it converted into a prop with an open/close dial.  The pivot points of the four ‘arms’ aren’t exactly ‘right’, so they need a little adjustment to get it to work smoothly.

If you get rid of the 4+ point polys, it will clear those rendering artifacts up smile

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25

Yeah, it looks great open…in fact I’ve got it converted into a prop with an open/close dial.

By the looks of it though, ours renders better (no gaps on what I’m guessing is the handle… er… the white enamel part.) Jack did a great job at making it Poser ready by fixing the normals and such. smile

Signature 

~Lizzie P.

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3300
Joined  0
LizzieP_D9S - 14 November 2012 01:05 AM

Lizzie - that render turned out pretty cool!  Who’s feet are those in the background? They don’t look too friendly wink

Thanks! That’s supposed to be Godzilla a.k.a. Kaiju the Giant Monster from the store though I’m thinking the Helligator would be more fitting… guess it depends on if I should go with a classic guy in a rubber suit Godzilla or the modern CGI Godzilla. smile I’ll have to find a subtle way to ask my friend which one he prefers. lol

I think the ‘guy in a suit’ is a nice nod to the Dr. Who of old.. with the really dodgy costumes and wobbly sets.

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25
Jack Tomalin - 14 November 2012 01:09 AM
LizzieP_D9S - 14 November 2012 01:05 AM

I think the ‘guy in a suit’ is a nice nod to the Dr. Who of old.. with the really dodgy costumes and wobbly sets.

Agreed. The old one show is the only version I’ve seen and it’s about the same with old Godzilla movies. I love the classics! I’ve got the new Doctor Who on my Netflix queue but haven’t gotten to it yet. smile

Signature 

~Lizzie P.

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Jack Tomalin - 14 November 2012 01:07 AM

If you get rid of the 4+ point polys, it will clear those rendering artifacts up smile

Yeah, the polys/black spots…I didn’t notice them until AFTER the render was done,  but they are gone, now…sometime I should go and redo it (as I’m using it as my desktop wallpaper).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 17 November 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25

Here’s the other piece I created with the prop. It took a while to get it rendered and then I lost this thread for a bit. Now I’m off to see what my friend thinks of his new artworks. :D

I found out that one of my other friends is also quite the Whovian so it looks like I may be using this prop quite a few more times because she keeps emailing me more ideas. lol

Thanks again!

Image Attachments
lzpd9s_doctor-is-in.jpg
 Signature 

~Lizzie P.

2 of 2