Digital Art Zone

trailer for animated series Drift
Posted: 12 November 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-10-08

I’ve wanted to make this series for a few years. I was going to do live action, but now that I’ve discovered daz, I’ll make it here. It will be a sci-fi action comedy.

This is my first real effort in Daz, so don’t judge too harshly. I’m learning more every day. This was done in the lowest render settings, btw…

http://youtu.be/hiKLQSPMyxw

Posted: 12 November 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-09-12

your link is mucked up

Posted: 12 November 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-10-08

I apologize, it’s been fixed.

Posted: 12 November 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7435
Joined  2009-07-13

looks really good cool smile

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2008-08-25

Hi Williamsonkevin,

It’s great that you’re taking on this project as a Daz animation. I would love to see more animations done using Daz and Daz figures.

First, the great: You’ve been able to create some great-looking characters and imagery, and the trailer intrigues me enough to want to see more. I really liked the opening shot of the ship flying across the cityscape.

I do see that you have an opportunity to really add impact to your camera work. I get that you are trying to accomplish a shaky-cam effect like the latest Battlestar Galactica series made popular, but the implementation is a bit much. The camera movement is too strong and does not add anything to the effect. My suggestion would be to stabilize the camera and focus on getting a great shot from a still camera and, only where absolutely necessary, add in some shaking.

Ideal places to add in shaking are where you have a fast-moving ship moving across the screen and you’re trying to get the camera to track the ship. Another ideal place would be if you have your cameraman involved in a chase. 

By keeping the camera still and then adding in shaking only where necessary, you allow the shaking to have more impact.

I’m looking forward to seeing more—keep us posted!

Signature 

Posermocap.com - Motion Capture animation for Daz3d and Poser.
http://www.posermocap.com

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2012-10-08

Thank you for the feedback! I’m still new to 3d animation, so I’m still getting a lot of this stuff down. After rendering, I realized I underestimated how drastically the camera was moving. I want to add a little life to the scene, not give the viewer nausea. It is definitely encouraging to specifically hear feedback from a vendor I plan on using for the project!

I’ll be using this as a production journal as I continue, and I’ll post renders as I go. For the past week or so I’ve been working on the script. I have the advanced outline done, and I’m now 15 pages into the 42 or so page script. I’m hoping to record the dialogue while I have some time off over the next 2 weeks with some local actors/comedians I perform with in Austin. More updates to come soon!

Posted: 09 December 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2004-12-05

Very nice trailer Will !

I tried to do something 2 years ago, I had to stop because my computer had not a decent configuration !