Digital Art Zone

Best Daz for me?
Posted: 12 November 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-11-12

I like to make pre-made figures move(im a newbie), planning on making them dance or sing, etc, again without having to make my own “rig”.

I’m thinking between DAZ Studio 4.5 and Genesis 3D models?

is Genesis even a software or part of Daz Studio?

Posted: 12 November 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  706
Joined  2011-08-05

DAZ Studio is the software you need to do all the things you want to. Genesis is a figure that works within DAZ Studio. You can make Genesis a male or female, dress and pose and animate him/her.

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 12 November 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15325
Joined  2003-10-09

Genesis is the Default figure which comes with Dax Studio 4.5

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 November 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-11-12

so the other things like Genesis, Bryce, Carrara, and Hexagon are all part of DAZ studio?

Posted: 12 November 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6208
Joined  2005-08-15
m3lb0i01 - 12 November 2012 09:02 AM

so the other things like Genesis, Bryce, Carrara, and Hexagon are all part of DAZ studio?

No, Genesis is a figure for use within DAZ Studio. 

Bryce, Carrara and Hexagon are software packages which are all different, but all sold by DAZ 3D.  Have a look in the store pages for these items, and you will find a description of them.

Edit:

Check here:

http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-what-is-bryce
http://www.daz3d.com/products/carrara/carrara-what-is-carrara
http://www.daz3d.com/products/hexagon/hexagon-what-is-hexagon

Posted: 12 November 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15325
Joined  2003-10-09

Daz Studio is one program. Genesis is the default figure which comes with Daz Studio.

Bryce is a standalone prgram, basically marketed as a landscaping program, although t does far more than that.

Hexagon is a modelling program

Carrara is another program sold by Daz3D, which includes quite a few of the features that you find in the first 3 named programs.

Daz Studio 4.5, Bryce 7pro and Hexagon together make a Suite of programs which work together as there is a bridge which works from DS to Bryce, so you can export the figures and props, which you have set up in DS, to Bryce to render them in a Bryce environement. THere is also a bridge from Hexagon to DS, so you can nmodel things in Hex and send them to DS via the bridge.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915