Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
3D Starter pack
Posted: 12 November 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  759
Joined  2008-10-19

Well I’m still doing some checking,I found the DS installer and am gonna check to see if I can get it to load.

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2010-08-10
carrie58 - 12 November 2012 05:06 PM

Well I’m still doing some checking,I found the DS installer and am gonna check to see if I can get it to load.

Thank you very much. I appreciate you doing this.

very respectfully,
fleetpp

Posted: 12 November 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Well got the DS files loaded in 3 and yep they are FUBAR,the only reason the wand has any color is that it only uses diffused color ,no texture file,but I tried reloading the texture files,which it said were there and nothing I even tried changeing cameras( just in case) but the poser format stuff will work in DS3 so that good to know .......and the plus is thanks to your question I found the fairy antennea I was looking for so that a plus all the way around.

Posted: 12 November 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10
carrie58 - 12 November 2012 06:17 PM

Well got the DS files loaded in 3 and yep they are FUBAR,the only reason the wand has any color is that it only uses diffused color ,no texture file,but I tried reloading the texture files,which it said were there and nothing I even tried changeing cameras( just in case) but the poser format stuff will work in DS3 so that good to know .......and the plus is thanks to your question I found the fairy antennea I was looking for so that a plus all the way around.

Thank you very much.

Very respectfully,
fleetpp

EDIT: I purchased the 3D starter pack. The ‘poser’ files for individual items work very nicely in DAZ Studio 3.1

smile

Posted: 13 November 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10

The 3D Starter pack is supposed to come with two pre-made scenes. (see picture). I can’t find them. Can somebody tell me the names of the files for the pre-made scenes?

Image Attachments
3dstarter.JPG

Posted: 13 November 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

You should be able to find them in the content folder, in a Scene folder ........

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10
carrie58 - 13 November 2012 07:40 PM

You should be able to find them in the content folder, in a Scene folder ........

I hunted for them using both DS3 and DAZ 4, and had no luck, so I did a directory search for all the folders named ‘content’ and looked inside them. I didn’t see any folder named ‘scene’.

I then did a search for folder name ‘scene’  I have no folders named ‘scene’, but I had several named ‘scenes’. Unfortunately none of them contained the pre-made scenes.

If you have the files, what are the file names and extensions? 

very respectfully,
fleetpp

Posted: 13 November 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1806
Joined  2008-02-14

I do not have the set,  but I did have a look at the product page,  and it’s listed as environment props,  so you might want to look under the PROPS header,  and perhaps under either DAZ or Environments

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 13 November 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10
FirstBastion - 13 November 2012 09:43 PM

I do not have the set,  but I did have a look at the product page,  and it’s listed as environment props,  so you might want to look under the PROPS header,  and perhaps under either DAZ or Environments

I appreciate that fact that you are trying to help me. The PROPS are is where the individual items in the forest scene are located. I’m looking for the complete pre-made complete scenes that the bundle is supposed to have.

I’ve been seriously hunting for the completed scenes, and I am getting frustrated.

Can somebody who actually has the bundle help me?

very respectfully,
fleetpp

Posted: 13 November 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

fleetpp I know you are getting frustrated ,there should have been 2 installers ,1 for DS stuff, and 1 for Poser stuff, you installed both of them??
In the Scenes folder (I forgot to add the “s” last time) look for Faerie Forest Day and Faerie Forest Night ,

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10
carrie58 - 13 November 2012 10:37 PM

fleetpp I know you are getting frustrated ,there should have been 2 installers ,1 for DS stuff, and 1 for Poser stuff, you installed both of them??
In the Scenes folder (I forgot to add the “s” last time) look for Faerie Forest Day and Faerie Forest Night ,

Let me make this perfectly clear; the complete pre-made scenes are NOT in a scenes folder.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the installers I downloaded and ran.

Please,please, please, just tell me what the file names are. You can right click on the icons that you have and browse to file directory and it should show you the file names. If the files ascii files?
very respectfully,
fleetpp

Image Attachments
a-frustrated.JPG

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

I will give out with a large oops!! I bought my 3D Starter pac ,2years ago and needless to say there weren’t that many installers ........sooo now I’m pretty much ,not any help at all ...sorry.My only other suggestion would be to contact the Help Desk and ask them what the file name is ....I’m sorry fleetpp

Posted: 14 November 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10
carrie58 - 13 November 2012 11:15 PM

I will give out with a large oops!! I bought my 3D Starter pac ,2years ago and needless to say there weren’t that many installers ........sooo now I’m pretty much ,not any help at all ...sorry.My only other suggestion would be to contact the Help Desk and ask them what the file name is ....I’m sorry fleetpp

I’ve submitted a ticket to Tech Support. If I don’t hear from them soon I’ll contact Sales and request a refund.

Posted: 14 November 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
fleetpp - 14 November 2012 12:41 PM
carrie58 - 13 November 2012 11:15 PM

I’ve submitted a ticket to Tech Support. If I don’t hear from them soon I’ll contact Sales and request a refund.

I wonder what their response will be…because I’ve had that thing for ages.  I think I got it back in 2007 ( Sept of 2007, along with the 3D Bridge and Aiko 3.0…), when it was free.  I haven’t reset the download on it in a long time.  But I do know that the last time I installed it, it had the Poser files.  I haven’t tried loading any of the scenes in DS4,x, but I think they worked in 3…

The listing you posted, looks like it’s gone through a major update…it wasn’t until recently that metadata was being included. So, it looks like the ‘bundle’ has been broken down into it’s individual components.  They may have intentionally removed the scenes, since they are one of the ‘problems’...whether they are gone, permanently or just not present, because they are being updated, who knows.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 14 November 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-10
mjc1016 - 14 November 2012 02:39 PM

I wonder what their response will be…because I’ve had that thing for ages.  I think I got it back in 2007 ( Sept of 2007, along with the 3D Bridge and Aiko 3.0…), when it was free.  I haven’t reset the download on it in a long time.  But I do know that the last time I installed it, it had the Poser files.  I haven’t tried loading any of the scenes in DS4,x, but I think they worked in 3…

The listing you posted, looks like it’s gone through a major update…it wasn’t until recently that metadata was being included. So, it looks like the ‘bundle’ has been broken down into it’s individual components.  They may have intentionally removed the scenes, since they are one of the ‘problems’...whether they are gone, permanently or just not present, because they are being updated, who knows.

If DAZ removed the scenes from the bundle, IMO the promotional paragraph should NOT have included the statement that two pre-made scenes are included.

Very respectfully,
fleetpp

2 of 3