Digital Art Zone

Using Ksenia for v4 with Genesis
Posted: 10 November 2012 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1322
Joined  0

I installed the V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis, now I have installed Ksenia for V4. So load genesis dial up V4 then try to load the files for \Ksenia, but I get an error message that studio can’t find the files.  What am I doing wrong

kharma

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2004-06-13

V4 and M4 morphs will not work on Genesis, it is a different mesh.  You will need GenX to transfer them.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 10 November 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I did get the mats to work tho, and yes the files it couldn’t find seemed to be morphs. I haven’t purchased the GenX yet.  I just moved the sliders and created my own face and body.  Now how do I save my settings so I could reapply them later and get the same character I created?

Kharma

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 10 November 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2004-06-13

I prefer to save my creations as Scene Subsets.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 11 November 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2003-10-09
Kharma - 10 November 2012 10:12 PM

I did get the mats to work tho, and yes the files it couldn’t find seemed to be morphs. I haven’t purchased the GenX yet.  I just moved the sliders and created my own face and body.  Now how do I save my settings so I could reapply them later and get the same character I created?

Kharma

With your character selected go to Edit - Save as - Character preset.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
SqueeZings - Poses for Squee
Cool & Sexy - Poses for Stephanie 5
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 11 November 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Ok so I did save the character I made but I have another questi0n…If you can apply the V4 mats for Ksenia to Genesis and just use the morphs for Genesis to create a new figure what is the purpose of purchasing GenX to get the V4 morphs?  I can already use the Genesis morphs, is thee another advantage I am missing? And also I don’t have Michael 4 yet, do I need to purchase him if I have the M4 shapes for Genesis?

Kharma

Signature 

Posted: 11 November 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

If you can recreate the character with using Genesis morphs, you are probably better off doing that. However, many of the morphs are not necessarily re-creatable using Genesis morphs. Also, some people don’t have the skill or perhaps the interest in morphing a character themselves.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 11 November 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I know the character I created doesn’t look exactly the same as Ksenia but she looked pretty cute and it was fun learning to make a character and using the multitude of morphs that were there.  But I guess if I want the exact character I would have to load the GenX?  How does the GenX work…is there a tutorial showing how to import the morphs for V4 ? Also is that with all characters that the mats will work on Genesis but not morphs?

Kharma

Signature