HDRI
Posted: 14 November 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8436
Joined  2009-07-13

and I played with them in a video

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 14 November 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6115
Joined  2006-08-27
RichardChaos - 14 November 2012 12:15 AM

I guess I have put the cart before the horse! I will finish my MODELING then start placing it in my scene and go from there. AND then start bitching about how oty make it work then! Basically I have UPARMOURED/UPGUNNED a Jefferson County Illinois Sheriffs Dodge Charger. complete with the M151 Remote 50 Caliber machine gun turret system. I want to place the model in scenes I have taken picture of and want to seamlessly insert them.

Then send in the pictures as PNGs of course (No metadata) to the local paper anonymously of course OR signed 3DAGE! LOL!

My personal opinion is, if you can’t stand behind your opinion, then why have it? So what if it’s unpopular.

This is an image that I submitted to my local paper last year mocking the local tin-foil hat crowd that was up in arms about a new ordinance. Since politics is a no-no on the forums, that’s all I’ll say about it.

I used the photo I wanted as my background in the Scene Background for lighting and camera angle references. I set the lights up to simulate the sunlight and bounced light. No GI of any sort. I then rendered the final shot with alpha enabled in the render room. I then comped the image in Photoshop and added noise to simulate the noise in the original photo. There’s some other postwork as well, but I forget exactly what.

Edited to add that I used a plane with a shadow catcher and volumetric clouds for the rotor wash. I also took some liberties with the scale and perspective to get the chopper where I wanted it.

Image Attachments
UN-chopper-copy.jpg
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 14 November 2012 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  435
Joined  2010-09-22

I only have one question….. WHy does the town you are in and using pics of HAVE a Company that prints on Toilet paper?

Posted: 15 November 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2004-08-24

Oooh,...

do you mean that you don’t have printed toilet paper ?

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6115
Joined  2006-08-27

Yeah, it makes clipping and using the coupons awkward…

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  2004-11-07

Wait.. what? I thought this was about HDRIs?

Just wanted to say most of my back grounds are hidef HDRIs.
Also I am not a big light dome fan.

2 of 2