Digital Art Zone

using d-formers for pokethrough issues
Posted: 09 November 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-02-13

hello,

are there any detailed tutorials or videos that i can be pointed to in using d-formers to fix poekthrough issues?

i have kind of fell back into rendering again, so i’m not current on rendering beyond the old install of 2.3.3.163 at the moment. i will likely be updating soon, but kind of want to get my “chops” back with basic rendering with 3Delight first.

thanks in advance,
waningmoon

PS: not so much a “new” user as one reborn.

Posted: 09 November 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7650
Joined  2009-05-14

this might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEBV2GHJHA

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 09 November 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-13

i had already collected that in my search on the subject, but it just glosses over the details. thanks anyhow.

Posted: 09 November 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7650
Joined  2009-05-14

I saw this same question on Dreamlight and I was waiting until you answered robert so I will ask here.

What information exactly are you after? That video link I supplied I watched to see if it gave the info on how to use the D-form tool so I am at a loss to what you want to know.

Why still Daz Studio 2?

Daz Studio 4.5 has so much more functionality to deal with poke through that I don’t need any other plug-ins or products to fix poke through. Autofit, Transfer Active Morphs (similair to Morph Follower in DS3) and Collision Modifier and the Pro version is Free. Great word that, Free. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 09 November 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-13

i would be looking for specifics on “pulling” a clothing mesh clean from the figure mesh, or the inverse, say pushing some hosiery back through the surface of a shoe.

daz studio 2 for now, as it is an old install, i got it to work. i am running myself a “refresher” course of techniques that i have forgotten since i was last actively rendering. i would also gain more understanding using d-formers for custom body shaping in the future. i understand that studio 4.5 has many improvements, however i would prefer to get back up to speed with the classic interface before wrestling with a new gui.

it was my understanding that some things broke between various major versions of studio. so the plan is to load old scenes, that i want to “step up” through ds 2, then 3, then finally end up in 4.5.

regards,
waningmoon